batting practice

xLongBallx

I may have a problem.....
looks like ur holding on to the bat WAY to tight, and your whole body looks tense, relax a bit and focus less energy on ur arms, as u do your hips, shoulders etc. also follow through with your swing by opening up your shoulders after contact

On a side note...why do you look so angry? is an ex wife pitching to you? (reference 2:17 in the video)

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
images

I wasn't even aware this guy took bp...what league does he play in....

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
when you swing was level it looked like you were getting good contact, but a few you swung down at, just remember to keep your swing level!

jhv125

Addicted to Softballfans
Line up your knocking knuckles. Also looks like you are getting under everything although i cant tell because I have no clue where the balls are going. lead with your hips more.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah man, just relax a little bit. You look pissed off when your about to swing which might be causing you to be a little tight. Relax the hands and let them fly, you'll find that you'll get the barrel through a lot better. Judging by sounds you can tell when you get a good hold of it. Let's incorporate some calf raises, toe ups, and maybe some donkey lifts. Build those bad boys up to match the upper body, can't be having bird legs my friend :)

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Swallow the dip and let your arms get extended. They are staying flexed cuz your holding the bat like you want it to squirt something in your eye.

DVS DEA

"IGNORANCE IS ANNOYING"
I agree with everyone's suggestion and will add one of my own b/c I hear it a lot on myself. EXTEND your arms, you lose a lot of speed/power when you don't extend your arms out fully. When you are able to extend it fully you will know you are "relaxed" when hitting.

lol I also do that windmill wind-up of the bat lol

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for reviews. I have just started lining up the knocker knuckles..so getting use to that. I work my legs all the time..I feel that was a bad angle for my leg profile:)... The field was 300, 2 of them went out...Nothing i can do about the face, I have a mad face but I was really kind of cheerful there. And you guys should be looking at the whole swing not just my pretty legs

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
The field is is in anthem vegas...mount charleston in the background...I always thought the same about my arms, but I think I have short arms..maybe i should stretch a bit more

AveregeJay

Banned User
Thanks for reviews. I have just started lining up the knocker knuckles..so getting use to that. I work my legs all the time..I feel that was a bad angle for my leg profile:)... The field was 300, 2 of them went out...Nothing i can do about the face, I have a mad face but I was really kind of cheerful there. And you guys should be looking at the whole swing not just my pretty legs

Don't think there is a good angle brawh.

DSNuts48

Badass
How about rotate your hips during the swing instead of after? The force of your hips should bring those hands around nicely before you extend in the swing, not the other way around like in your video where your arms are bring your hips around.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Hey and wednesday is my birthday I will be 45 can't you guys throw a birthday positive out there

Happy Brithday you old ****! Just wondering, how long have you been playing? I agree with everyone else, you are way too tense. I can't tell if you were getting ready to take a dump at home plate or getting ready to hit. :D

tblood

Post Office's Most Wanted
Back away from the plate a little.

It looks like you are jamming yourself a lot. When you are jamming yourself like that, it looks like you are swinging at the ball, instead of swinging through the spot where the ball will be. You can back away far enough that the bat covers most, but not all of the plate when you swing. If the pitch is outside, you can step towards right filed to cover the rest of the plate. That will also help you get a little more pop on your backside shots.

Don't lat the leg haters get you down. I work mine until I can't stand up, but they don't et any bigger.

omarlegend

all ur bats r belong 2us

it's hard to tell how hard and where you're hitting the ball ..

from the looks of it, u make good contact..
it's the angle/style of your swing and follow through that gets me.. it's either a modified type of tomahawk swing or you're not extending to your potential max...also like the other guys said.. be relaxed and minimize the figgiting..

you look like a big guy.. if i were u, use your legs more going into your swing, and meet the ball out in front as it comes down..

good vid though :)

Fullscreencapture618201095418AM.jpg
Fullscreencapture618201095423AM.jpg

laverdt

Addicted to Softballfans
Dropping your hands before every swing. I bet you have an awesome mad face though.

what he said... your hads start low and then come up right before you swing... just start with your hands up that way their is less movement in the swing

PEYTONPAW

Addicted to Softballfans
I am using a superfreak..I always wondered if my hips were coming through at the right time.. It feels like they are but I will work on getting them through earlier..good advice. The weird thing on that video was I went to right field a lot. The pitches were outside and it still looks like I am getting jammed. I think I need an angle were you can see the ball coming off the bat. Most of the time it feels like I am hitting the ball really hard.