Going Middle

Bigballa69

Banned User
The only time I go middle is when pitchers intentionally walk me. This happens alot since I've been known to only hit HRs.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll play along. I rarely do, and when I do it's not directly at the P. Why in the **** would you try to hit the ball right at the guy wearing a ****ing glove??! Never understood that one. Will try and hit the 1-4 or 1-6 hole. Usually whichever is "hand" side.

mikep81

Addicted to Softballfans
Last few games ive hit some pretty hard liners up the middle, no way intentional, but i had one pitcher get pretty upset about it. Just curious if most pitchers just assume if you go up the middle you're trying to shoot middle or do they just figure its part of the game?

Guvna

Buzzing towers
part of the game...especially if the other team decides to go middle.....gotta protect/defend your pitcher always.

Bigballa69

Banned User
I went middle on a guy who intentionally walked me and it went off his leg. After the game, 3 of his teammates accosted me in the parking lot. Needless to say, 3 guys got their a$$ beatdown that night. I'm a black belt in karate and akido.

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
I mean going middle to try to get a hit, not to send a message to the other team.

I like to think that I understand the difference between a guy going for a base hit versus a douche thinking he's God's gift to softball, and I'll act appropriately. Usually when I toss the ball to first for the out, that ends a lot of them trying to "test" middle. Nice thing about the leagues I play in is, we've played each other multiple times over the last 7 years, so they know there isn't a hole in the middle, so middle shots have decreased immensely. Like another poster said, why hit directly at someone, who's wearing a glove, and is ready to put you out.

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
I went middle on a guy who intentionally walked me and it went off his leg. After the game, 3 of his teammates accosted me in the parking lot. Needless to say, 3 guys got their a$$ beatdown that night. I'm a black belt in karate and akido.

:rolleyes: wow

Guvna

Buzzing towers

In the words of Homer Simpson: "OOOOHHHH, GOOD FOR YOU!!"

DRock88

What's the problem here?
The only time I go middle is when pitchers intentionally walk me. This happens alot since I've been known to only hit HRs.

This is very Kenny Powers-esque

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
I always try to take out the 2nd baseman. The pitcher is always in my way though.:( She should move quicker. I've tried to warn her a few times.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER

smiling-billy-with-thumb-up-jpg.jpeg

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
i am a pitcher, people shoot middle all the time, i dont get upset....i get to bat too, if i think it was intentional ill send one right back. Last year a team was outta HRs, and i caught a straight liner off the shin (no shin gaurds) but thats softball, i know its part of the game....

ps: i now wear shin gaurds