Charging team to use bats

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious if anyone charges there team to use there bats. I have a few and it seems like none of my team mates want to get there own and I know they have a limited lifespan. Just wanted your thoughts and if you do how much.

Mixxed

Manager
I'd switch teams promptly.

NOBODY else on your team has a bat as good as yours? You need to get off that bus at the next stop!

FSOFTBALL

Addicted to Softballfans
On my tourney teams if its once in a while I dont mind, but at that stage of the game they should have their own sh%$. League their are a couple of young guys I let swing the others I tell not to make it a habit. Dont think I have ever said no but it does get on my nevers with certain guys.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I think your a selfish prick....if the bats are that special then either leave them in your bag and only take one out when you are up to bat, ball up and just flat out tell them "you can't swing my bats", or just let them swing them and make them sign a waiver stating that if they use your bats and they break it then they will replace with a bat of equal value :rolleyes:

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
I charge $0.50 an at-bat. It's waived if they don't make contact. If they hit a HR, $0.50 extra (cuz it was prolly hit hard and caused more bat trauma).

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a bat last year myself and I let the guys swing it and I didn't really care. This year our coach asked all the guys for $20 a person to get a team bat and that's what we did

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
Not tat they are special but when you have 11 guys 3 nights a week swinging your 300 dollar bats, the price adds up. These guys have money they are just to cheap to go get there own.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I charge $0.50 an at-bat. It's waived if they don't make contact. If they hit a HR, $0.50 extra (cuz it was prolly hit hard and caused more bat trauma).

this right here is gtg in my book...but I would switch it up a little, if they don't make contact charge them $1, makes your bat look bad as well as the guy swinging it

sdm24

You stay classy San Diego
I would just keep it in your bag until you hit and put it back after your at bat. You start charging people money and they think they can treat your bat anyway they want.

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
this right here is gtg in my book...but I would switch it up a little, if they don't make contact charge them $1, makes your bat look bad as well as the guy swinging it

You're right. If they strike out, it's a -1 to bat reputation. So they should be charged.

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
go to walmart and buy a hammer and a cyclone. put them next to yours and say "these are the team bats, and these are my bats. You are to use the team bats and not mine"

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
if you had a Votage and the team was swinging that I would make sure it's off limits period simply bcus of the durability issue they have

but judging by your sig. you don't have much to worry about durability wise other than the white steel, rd28 is a durable bat....if the dst is like other mikens you should be letting them swing that in hopes it may actually break in, and as for the Creature and Vexxum...who cares

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
Got my tators in the sig for just this reason! Didn't want them swinging junk (cyclones and hammers) but wasn't gonna break bank for them either...

Guvna

Buzzing towers
I got stickers on my gamers... "you swing it, you break it, you buy it"...right above the tape.

2 of my gamers are about 150-200 swings away from exploding....if they take the risk, they pay the price....at least they know what will happen if they do it.

Other schmucks, I just tell them no and one of my boys puts my bat back in my bag when i get on base.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Not tat they are special but when you have 11 guys 3 nights a week swinging your 300 dollar bats, the price adds up. These guys have money they are just to cheap to go get there own.

Any way I do the math, I still keep coming up with it being a $300 bat. How does it add up?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
My coach got some sort of ASA Mayhem to be a team bat. For the guys who don't have their own bats to swing, they could pay $15 to use it this season. The coach wound up selling the bat to a guy on the team since a couple of us had bats we'd let other guys use.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Just curious if anyone charges there team to use there bats. I have a few and it seems like none of my team mates want to get there own and I know they have a limited lifespan. Just wanted your thoughts and if you do how much.

You either let them use it for free because you are a teammate or you make it clear noboby swings your bat.

With that being said, if you are on a good team, you have good sponsors and you don't worry about those things.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Foul tips $0.10
Bloop singles/lazy flyouts $0.25
225 feet to beginning of warning track $0.35
Warning track and HR $0.50
Hardliners (hit or out) $0.40
Break it; Lesser of $300 or orginal cost

Give the tracking to the stats guy on your team. Everyone has one and he's itching to do it.

Sinsation

Starting Player
i wouldnt charge ppl to use my bats, but i would ask they all pitch in to buy a team bat. if they're arent willing to do that, then eff em.

funny this thread was started...surprisingly this doesn't have to do with 12", but with 16" here in chicago. my friends and i have been playing for 15 years together. some guys don't even have a bat AND have the same spikes from like 10 years ago!. so, i got a new bat i wanted to try and people flocked to it. if you don't know, 16" bats are totally different than 12" bats...they don't break. i had no reason to worry about it breaking, but just our of pure principal, i used it and had somebody put it in the bag to hide it. hahahaha. people were pissed, but it told them to go buy their own. i wanted to charge $1 per at bat or just an upfront fee to use it, but i skipped that. to add insult to injury, i got a "not a team bat" sticker and put it on the bat. hahahaha. classic

Chip197

tsss, ya its like a rent-a-bat or sumtin

Bukethead32

Happy meal TWINS....
I have "u swing it u break it u buy it" on my bats and get funny looks all the time. They say, "what is this?" and I say, "what does it say?" They usually repeat what the sticker says and I tell them, I pay alot for my bats you are welcome to use them BUT if it breaks in your hands you have to replace it. They usually put it down. HAHAHA....

guyinpink

Addicted to Softballfans
funny this thread was started...surprisingly this doesn't have to do with 12", but with 16" here in chicago. my friends and i have been playing for 15 years together. some guys don't even have a bat AND have the same spikes from like 10 years ago!. so, i got a new bat i wanted to try and people flocked to it. if you don't know, 16" bats are totally different than 12" bats...they don't break. i had no reason to worry about it breaking, but just our of pure principal, i used it and had somebody put it in the bag to hide it. hahahaha. people were pissed, but it told them to go buy their own. i wanted to charge $1 per at bat or just an upfront fee to use it, but i skipped that. to add insult to injury, i got a "not a team bat" sticker and put it on the bat. hahahaha. classic

Classic indeed...

xLongBallx

I may have a problem.....
i have been trying my hardest to get guys to purchase their own sticks in hopes that they will actually improve their game but to no avail.

Every week just look at me to pull my sticks out....