mattingly beast ASA

Softball.com:

Joker

i just picked one up for cheap. all the threads i can find about them are pretty old. anyone have any current info about one thats been used for a while?

Joker

yea the v-grip bats. i figure even if the v-grip feels like crap i can add tape or something to round it out. a lot the old posts had it as an underrated or sleeper bat, both the ASA and 120.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
yea the v-grip bats. i figure even if the v-grip feels like crap i can add tape or something to round it out. a lot the old posts had it as an underrated or sleeper bat, both the ASA and 120.

I always thought the V-grip felt very nice. Never actually hit any balls with these bats, though.

Bump for more info!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
The same Co. that makes Combat made those bats....(I think)

NOPE.............not made by CE

Joker I liked this bat. The V-grip is fine unless you drop a pinky or overlap. Has very good pop after 700 +
Distance is....................ehhh. Either you can hit it or not. I had to get rid of mine when I went to the overlap.
Last for EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no b/s

whatsaHR?

Addicted to Softballfans
Its a good abt to swing. May take a short while to get used to but a very solid stick. Me wantz a 26 oz.....Lots of people will pick it up but will put it right back down due to the feel so definitely will not be a team bat.

Joker

NOPE.............not made by CE

Joker I liked this bat. The V-grip is fine unless you drop a pinky or overlap. Has very good pop after 700 +
Distance is....................ehhh. Either you can hit it or not. I had to get rid of mine when I went to the overlap.
Last for EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no b/s

ok so it isn't a CE bat. that would explain the 500+ hits to get broke in

Its a good abt to swing. May take a short while to get used to but a very solid stick. Me wantz a 26 oz.....Lots of people will pick it up but will put it right back down due to the feel so definitely will not be a team bat.

the one i'm getting is a mint 26 ASA. i'll let you know if i don't like it

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
i just picked one up for cheap. all the threads i can find about them are pretty old. anyone have any current info about one thats been used for a while?

Add retarded voice, " use the search function, noob!!!"
even though you explained why you asked

rawlinsj

Hesse #9
a guy i play leagues against has one of these and it seems to hit very well. he's not a power hitter so i'm not sure on the distance but the pop seems good. he hits mostly line drives and they get through the infield as quick as most top asa bats. he's had it a couple seasons now so the durability seems pretty good.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one of these about 2 years ago. I got 2 120s for an awesome deal. I like'em. The V-Grip is different. Then I started dropping pinky and just doesn't feel right so I got a Booger. A guy on my team loves it. He likes the V-Grip and feels like he has more control over the bat with the V-Grip than a regular stick. I gave it to him. Told him he swings it, so he can carry it. He's not a big hitter, but the bat is good for him and I think it's starting to warm up, cuz this past game he was smoking the ball. Smoked a laser right to the LF. I was on 3B and when I got back in the dugout, I told him that thing was screaming. Told me that he didn't even feel it hit the bat, just heard the sound. Solid stick if you can get use to the grip

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one of these about 2 years ago. I got 2 120s for an awesome deal. I like'em. The V-Grip is different. Then I started dropping pinky and just doesn't feel right so I got a Booger. A guy on my team loves it. He likes the V-Grip and feels like he has more control over the bat with the V-Grip than a regular stick. I gave it to him. Told him he swings it, so he can carry it. He's not a big hitter, but the bat is good for him and I think it's starting to warm up, cuz this past game he was smoking the ball. Smoked a laser right to the LF. I was on 3B and when I got back in the dugout, I told him that thing was screaming. Told me that he didn't even feel it hit the bat, just heard the sound. Solid stick if you can get use to the grip

ASA gets good...................The Beast unleashed 120, is a line drive rocket.:eek::eek:

Joker

a guy i play leagues against has one of these and it seems to hit very well. he's not a power hitter so i'm not sure on the distance but the pop seems good. he hits mostly line drives and they get through the infield as quick as most top asa bats. he's had it a couple seasons now so the durability seems pretty good.

it is a pre-ABI ASA bat so it has the potential to be damn good

Joker

got it today. the grip does feel a little weird. it is a NR, but not even sure if they are returnable anyways

im sure it will be a good bat. if im correct at one point ASA banned this bat until the list was changed to the new shorter version list.

Pretty sure?>>?

Joker

for the guy who said its not made by CE, it sure looks and feels like a CE bat. the knob is the same as other CE bats and has the same taper shape as them. i do like that its a 12" barrel

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
got it today. the grip does feel a little weird. it is a NR, but not even sure if they are returnable anyways

they are not returnableJust checked website to verify.
I think I have my paperwork, but its not made in Canada..................so............................... I sumized that means not made by CE.

But who knows

Last edited: