SmashMouth Softball Mock Ups

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Smashmouth.jpg

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
IMO, the font is hard to read and the skull graphic is a little weak for "smashmouth". As long as you guys like them, then who cares what anybody else thinks.

toad_2

Semiretired Player
It may just be me, but the bat knob looks off-alignment from the bone in the alternate corner. Maybe if the bat knob was drawn at a different perspective the logo would be more effective. I don't know. Is it a bat or a bone?
The skull and flames are designed well, if that's your flavor.
The font on top could be arched on the bottom with the top letter alignment kept straight. By doing so, you may be able to show more 'depth' to the font, making it easier to read. Also, the black/white split isn't quite right. Perhaps keep the split where it is and make the black fill a gradient that fades from black to white, top to bottom. Hope that makes sense. I wish I was at work to show you what I'm thinking.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
It may just be me, but the bat knob looks off-alignment from the bone in the alternate corner. Maybe if the bat knob was drawn at a different perspective the logo would be more effective. I don't know. Is it a bat or a bone?
The skull and flames are designed well, if that's your flavor.
The font on top could be arched on the bottom with the top letter alignment kept straight. By doing so, you may be able to show more 'depth' to the font, making it easier to read. Also, the black/white split isn't quite right. Perhaps keep the split where it is and make the black fill a gradient that fades from black to white, top to bottom. Hope that makes sense. I wish I was at work to show you what I'm thinking.

yes, the alignment is a bit off, i noticed it when i was drawing it. but i couldn't get the perspective dead on when i tried to re-draw it. the original artwork had bones going all the way through, and i put the knob ends on. it's a bonebat, i guess?

and yes, the font could be re-worked, but the issue i was having is that since the font/artwork overlap, the entire thing is merged live trace, so i'd have to redo all the text (which isn't really a big deal, just a pain). it was ironic that the lower text's black curve matches so closely, it was originally just a random oval shape i clipping masked with the text

straps, if you want me to re-work the artwork for you, i can do it and send it back to you.

USMC_Staps

Addicted to Softballfans
Logo

Yes we are playing in the ISA states this weekend, but I am not. I am not a fan of ISA here so I wont play in their tournaments. I love all the feedback that I have received so far. I also really dont dig the logo design, like the other guy said it doesnt match the name. I do not know what else to come up with but we have to have these jerseys by next weekend so really do not have much of a choice. Adam I would ask you to rework this but unless Ray at Evolution Sports has some kind of Transport machine I just do not see us getting them in time if any work is done. I may be mistaken but I just dont see it. Again thanks for all the feedback and hope to get more. Thanks all and good luck where ever your play!!

kfferg

Banned User
When I hear "Smashmouth" I think more of a screaming baseball than a skull with flames. Just my opinion.

USMC_Staps

Addicted to Softballfans
I do like the ball with the bat part, cant get with Adam right now but I actually did find this logo on the web and asked Ray at Evolution Sports to come up with something similar to this, hope yall dont mind if we steal your idea!! Or something close to it.

Yes we are playing in the ISA states this weekend, but I am not. I am not a fan of ISA here so I wont play in their tournaments. I love all the feedback that I have received so far. I also really dont dig the logo design, like the other guy said it doesnt match the name. I do not know what else to come up with but we have to have these jerseys by next weekend so really do not have much of a choice. Adam I would ask you to rework this but unless Ray at Evolution Sports has some kind of Transport machine I just do not see us getting them in time if any work is done. I may be mistaken but I just dont see it. Again thanks for all the feedback and hope to get more. Thanks all and good luck where ever your play!!

sucks you guys are in that jam, cause these jerseys really blow imo