How many defensive positions do you play well?

gift

underhanded toss
1B - I have never played.
2B & SS - 8
3B - 7
OF - 8
P - On good nights, 8, 7 mostly.

Last edited:

AveregeJay

Banned User
:) Hi
I play first and have pretty good range......I don't think anyone would consider me tall though. I was asking if other fielders (SS, 3B, etc.) truly prefer someone tall at 1st or does that matter to them?

Fielders will always prefer someone who has an extra foot or range or stretch. Not every throw is right on the money or fast enough to get the batter out. This is the truth, taller the better on first, son.

b_u_c_k

Addicted to Softballfans
can play pretty well anywhere in the infield. also have pitched and fielded pretty well in league but havent tried against real tough competition.

goro25

Sin Vergüenza
something that you cant play if your pitcher walks everybody:cool:

Sorry I'm a knuckle ball pitcher with a broken middle finger. I was grooving in the 7th when it counted, though.

It's also hard to play defense when your pitcher is striking everyone out. I think I had 4 last night.:eek:

surf24

ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NEW
Fielders will always prefer someone who has an extra foot or range or stretch. Not every throw is right on the money or fast enough to get the batter out. This is the truth, taller the better on first, son.

hmmmmmm..................

Mike Brady

Everyone says I suck. So Im a team player and go where I am told. I ussually end up in rf. If we have a nice lead and theres two outs left. I may get to play inf if the team wants a good laugh. Plus im left handed so they think i shouldnt play certain positions like 2b or short.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry I'm a knuckle ball pitcher with a broken middle finger. I was grooving in the 7th when it counted, though.

It's also hard to play defense when your pitcher is striking everyone out. I think I had 4 last night.:eek:

true you came thru when we needed it:D

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread cracks me up.

In the division I play, I'd say a 7 at P, 5 at just about everything else I'll play. I won't play 3b, ss, 2b, or L-RC on the weekend unless we've just drawn a real turd.

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House

What does a third foot help with? Stability?

oppo

Coach
I am pretty much a 3B and pitcher. I have the glove and quck reaction for those positions and plenty of arm for third but have crappy range so I don't do as well at short and I don't do outfield if I can help it. I can judge the ball just fine but that is entirely to much running. I would much rather deal with a ball coming at me fast than have to go chase it down. I will deal with the heaters and let the kids with wheels chase the fly balls. :D

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i'm very good int eh middle or right side of the OF.....i'm a very poor left fielder. very good at 3rd and 1st....don't play middle. I'm a decent utrip pitcher when it comes to balls and strikes but i'm very poor back through the shoot as i have little experience

so by my count...all of them

bdb13

Addicted to Softballfans
I can play everywhere ok, dont wanna play 1B, SS, P, or left side of the OF cause there are much better players than me... love being the worst player on the team lol

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I typically give myself a hard time whenever I make a single error ever......but after watching others play at various levels......I would go like this. I watched dan smith play in the world series....and my lord they made a lot of errors.....but they do hit the ball hard.

OF 9-10
IF including 3rd-SS-MI-2nd 8-10
1B 7-8
Pitcher = 5-6

Last edited: