How many defensive positions do you play well?

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I probably should've made this a poll, but oh well.

Not counting catcher, on a 1-10 scale I'm 8-ish at one position (3B), 6-7ish at two others (1B/2B), and 4-5ish at a couple others (P, SS, RF).

I wouldn't volunteer to play P/SS/RF anywhere but league ball, but I feel like I could play RF or P in a tourney if I absolutely had to.

p.s. hi surf :D

DSNuts48

Badass
Catcher - 10

1B - 9

Pitcher in BP - 10

Pitcher in game - 0

3B - 7

SS - 4

2nd -6

RF - 8

RC - 6

LC - 4

LF - 4

EH - 10

Moocher - 10

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
I can play all infield I'd say at an 8 but 3b a 9. OF i'd say a 7 I just don't track as well.

id say im like an 8 in lc rc a 7 in lf rf i can pitch if i must im a 5 at ss a 7 at 2nd. i am 5'3 i can never play first and cant play third oh and i can catch too always great when u beat the runner to first.
but no matter what im a team player and will play where ever but do best in lc rc.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
team players are always gtg in my book. thanks bro I'll sit back enjoy my beer, just let me know when its my turn to hit a HR

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
team players are always gtg in my book. thanks bro I'll sit back enjoy my beer, just let me know when its my turn to hit a HR

I lead the league in triples stretched into singles... once I break into my trot the ball better GTFO because I might not make it all the way to 1st :D.

surf24

ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NEW
I am a utility player....just go where I'm needed. I feel strongest at 1B, LF, or P though.

ps........I stand corrected.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Guard and tackle. I play the best. Guard the lemonade cooler and tackle anyone who gets near it.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I am a utility player....just go where I'm needed. I feel strongest at 1B, LF, or P though.

ps........I stand corrected.

is it too early for me to drive the thread into the gutter? :D

j/k... I won't lounge this one up.

Apoc13

getting too old for this
people think i'm a good OF...i'd like to think i'm at least 7.5 anywhere out there...but IF, forget about it...probably a 3...and that's pushing it...the ball comes super fast in there, lol

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
I play OF and ss usually. I grew up playing 1B in Little League. As a result, the only positions I don't play well because of lack of experience are P, 3B, and 2B. C plays a lot like 1B in senior ball, so that isn't a problem. I probably don't have the reflexes for 3B ... or the experience for 2B. And there's no way I'm going to pitch ... BP, yes ... games, no.

late

Addicted to Softballfans
1B - 9. I'll dig up pretty much anything off the ground, and I'm 6'6 with hops so good luck overthrowing me. Played this position growing up.

2B - 6. Good routine and line-drive fielder, but again backhanding hard balls (up the middle in this case) is not my strength. Will cover the base and turn 2 on all but the fastest hitters.

SS - 5. Tough position for me. Lots of ground to cover laterally and I'm really not a natural infielder. The ground is really far away for a guy my height.

3B - 3. Tougher than shortstop because I don't have the best arm on the team.

LF/LC - 10. My most natural position, I have excellent reads, closing speed and make good jumps on the ball. I'm something like 7 for 7 this season (across two leagues playing LF) on sliding/diving plays, and I've been known to rob balls that just beat the fence.

CF - 8. See LF, but not as natural to me. My reads aren't as great.

RF/RC - 7. See CF, but even less natural feeling.

P - 3. Only time I get people out is when I'm playing team-pitch.

nickbahh

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel I can hold my own anywhere. I prefer the right side, but I play a lot of 3B and LCF. I don't pitch a ton, but I mix a game in here or there every once and a while. I'd say short stop is my weakest position, make some errant throws up the line.

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
I throw lefty... my position is OF and I'd say I'm a 7 across the board in the outfield... probably a 6 at 1B, a 5 as a pitcher (would not want to rely on me to pitch in a tournament, but I'll do it in league)... luckily for me my bat is an 11... and of course I hit 400 foot bombs :rolleyes: