What was the worst thing you booted a player for?

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
I wanna hear some stories about things people did to get cut from your league or tourney team... it could be gnarly or funny. Maybe your teamate hooked up with your GF on your coed team? Anyways lets hear em!

This is our horror story. A dude on who played on my league and tourny team did ALL of the following things I've listed below. We basically found out about it all in the same week and we kicked his ass to the curb the night before a tourny.

a. Sold a bat for a team-mate and never gave him the money
b. Had a team-mate buy a bat for him and never paid him the money and returned it to him cracked
c. Got a job via a teamate connection and stole product from them and sold it on SBF's and the bay
d. collected tourny fee's from his team and then wrote a bad check to the TD and never made good
e. collected fee's for his league team and jumped ship and stole their cash
f. bought 2 bats from our fill in teamate and never paid him (he got his face punched in for that one haha)
g. Has 2 or 3 OBD's on softballfans

Such a rad dude. :( We met him on here too. #softballfanshorrorstories haha

Last edited:

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Wow, can't really top that:eek: My question is HOW did he get away with all of this? He is either the sharpest tool in the shed, or he was dealing with the dullest crayons in the box.:D PLMK

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
- Guy refused to take a walk. Would swing 3-1 on a pitch nowhere near the plate just to see another pitch.
- All he did was ***** and complain
- Was engaged to another teammates sister and was caught cheating. Then an annonymous tip was sent to his boss about possible thefts. Oh he worked for UPS. :rolleyes:

Nietzsche

Drowned God
I wanna hear some stories about things people did to get cut from your league or tourney team... it could be gnarly or funny. Maybe your teamate hooked up with your GF on your coed team? Anyways lets hear em!

This is our horror story. A dude on who played on my league and tourny team did ALL of the following things I've listed below. We basically found out about it all in the same week and we kicked his ass to the curb the night before a tourny.

b. Had a team-mate buy a bat for him and never paid him the money and returned it to him cracked
c. Got a job via a teamate connection and stole product from them and sold it on SBF's and the bay
d. collected tourny fee's from his team and then wrote a bad check to the TD and never made good
f. bought 2 bats from our fill in teamate and never paid him (he got his face punched in for that one haha)

We're waiting for the inevitable karmic payback.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, can't really top that:eek: My question is HOW did he get away with all of this? He is either the sharpest tool in the shed, or he was dealing with the dullest crayons in the box.:D PLMK

thing was that this all happened very slowly and he was gtg for a bit
found out most of what he did after the fact, plus MAB are a bunch of good hearted guys and believe people when they day they will get you the money

LuckyMatthews

thing was that this all happened very slowly and he was gtg for a bit
found out most of what he did after the fact, plus MAB are a bunch of good hearted guys and believe people when they day they will get you the money

Yeah, I figured. It seems some people just don't give a ish who they screw. Sucks, I hope he got more than kicked to the curb:)

corsmr50

Our 3rd baseman who was very very good defensively and average at the plate worked at a bar, and worked on sundays. SO when we played tourny's he had to leave when we got to the money games and it always put us in a bad spot. So after doing this for a few tourny's we decided to tell him that if he could not commit to being there for the $ games then we would have to find a replacement for him that could play the entire tourny. Well he understood, or so he said. Next tourny he plays with another team and he ends up playing the whole tourny through and when we question him on why he was still playing for that team but had to leave when we needed him he told us that his boss called and said he could come in late and to just finish playing. Well we came to find out this was a blatant lie and he almost got fired for what he did to his boss, the team he was playing on did not ask him to play again, nor did we for the rest of that year, and he had to play on mash-up tourny teams the rest of the year with no chance of winning any $

LuckyMatthews

Our 3rd baseman who was very very good defensively and average at the plate worked at a bar, and worked on sundays. SO when we played tourny's he had to leave when we got to the money games and it always put us in a bad spot. So after doing this for a few tourny's we decided to tell him that if he could not commit to being there for the $ games then we would have to find a replacement for him that could play the entire tourny. Well he understood, or so he said. Next tourny he plays with another team and he ends up playing the whole tourny through and when we question him on why he was still playing for that team but had to leave when we needed him he told us that his boss called and said he could come in late and to just finish playing. Well we came to find out this was a blatant lie and he almost got fired for what he did to his boss, the team he was playing on did not ask him to play again, nor did we for the rest of that year, and he had to play on mash-up tourny teams the rest of the year with no chance of winning any $

I totally get the moral of the story.....but one guy really shouldn't make or break a good tourny team. Still a real D-Bag move for sure.

AJ22

Super Moderator

Just think if this player didn't play with you ...

You probably wouldn't have needed to worry about it because you would not have made it to sunday ..

IJS ..

corsmr50

I totally get the moral of the story.....but one guy really shouldn't make or break a good tourny team. Still a real D-Bag move for sure.

He did not make nor break us, as we still did well the remainder of the season, but to give him so credit, he was a lockdown 3rd baseman who played even with the bag or slightly in front of it, and fielded damn near EVERYTHING hit at him, even diving plays. Not too many guys do that, and it makes for a real east DP even on the fast guys when you get the ball that quick, and our 2nd baseman had one of the quickest transfers i have even seen, so the combination led to a lot of DP's for us

AJ22

Super Moderator
He did not make nor break us, as we still did well the remainder of the season, but to give him so credit, he was a lockdown 3rd baseman who played even with the bag or slightly in front of it, and fielded damn near EVERYTHING hit at him, even diving plays. Not too many guys do that, and it makes for a real east DP even on the fast guys when you get the ball that quick, and our 2nd baseman had one of the quickest transfers i have even seen, so the combination led to a lot of DP's for us

Self contradiction is a powerful thing ..

If he didn't make you or break you, then why ask him why he played a full tournament with another team ?

Obviously, it bothered you ?

When you break ties with teammates (now former or ex teammates), it does not matter what they do nor is it any of your teams business.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

After my team got into worlds I had to diban it after I found out to of th outfielders took our money and went to Atlantic City to get married............................................................

tO EACH OTHER.

TRUE STORY, i WILL GIVE YOU THEIR NAMES AND ADDRESS CUSE iM STILL PISSED :(

AJ22

Super Moderator
:eek:
After my team got into worlds I had to diban it after I found out to of th outfielders took our money and went to Atlantic City to get married............................................................

tO EACH OTHER.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW ...

bmurph

Addicted to Softballfans

tO EACH OTHER.

pm sent for names and address :eek:

corsmr50

Self contradiction is a powerful thing ..

If he didn't make you or break you, then why ask him why he played a full tournament with another team ?

Obviously, it bothered you ?

When you break ties with teammates (now former or ex teammates), it does not matter what they do nor is it any of your teams business.

Let me explain a little more, we asked him before that tourny if he was going to be able to play for the entire tourny or if he would have to leave again. He stated he had to leave at 5 on sunday. So we told him that we would find another 3rd baseman for that tourny because it was putting us in a tough spot by throwing a guy who has not played 3rd all day in there when the competition was high (he was not removed from the team for good until we found out he had lied to us, and we were all friends and BS'ed all day even though we were on different teams). We didn't care that he played for another team because we let him go for that tourny because of his commitment issues. It became an issue when he lied about the phone call. He wouldn't stay to play with us, but actually put his job and reputation on the line by staying to play with a team he had never played with (boss pissed, lied to us). Yes, it bothered our team that he would lie to us, and do for a team something he told us he could not do for us.

Last edited:

huzzdog

retired
A guy on my team stole the last two checks out of my checkbook so i didn't notice. I went to use my debit card at the grocery store and it was declined... i called the bank to see what happened. They said two checks for 500 dollars cleared written to mike !@#$%^&. I confronted him and he denied it.. Bank sent me a picture of the checks... idiot wroted them to himself.. Needless to say that was his last day on our league and tourney teams.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Let me explain a little more, we asked him before that tourny if he was going to be able to play for the entire tourny or if he would have to leave again. He stated he had to leave at 5 on sunday. So we told him that we would find another 3rd baseman for that tourny because it was putting us in a tough spot by throwing a guy who has not played 3rd all day in there when the competition was high (he was not removed from the team for good until we found out he had lied to us, and we were all friends and BS'ed all day even though we were on different teams). We didn't care that he played for another team because we let him go for that tourny because of his commitment issues. It became an issue when he lied about the phone call. He wouldn't stay to play with us, but actually put his job and reputation on the line by staying to play with a team he had never played with (boss pissed, lied to us). Yes, it bothered our team that he would lie to us, and do for a team something he told us he could not do for us.

Title of thread :

So, he actually decide to play with another team. You didn't actually boot him ?

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
Only one guy I ever booted and it was mostly for flat out stupidity. Guy was a few cans short of a 12 pack. It didn't help that he did scam a few of our guys for some cash with a sob story that turned out to be bogus.

Moral of this thread is getting obvious. Don't lend money to teammates unless you REALLY know them.

corsmr50

Title of thread :

So, he actually decide to play with another team. You didn't actually boot him ?

1. booted for lying to the team, just added the story for people to read

2. he asked the other team to play for THAT WEEKEND, he was still on our team at that point, as we play a few one dayers and the smaller tourny's are done by 5 on sunday

siding88

PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER
1. booted for lying to the team, just added the story for people to read

2. he asked the other team to play for THAT WEEKEND, he was still on our team at that point, as we play a few one dayers and the smaller tourny's are done by 5 on sunday

just drop it man, AJ will just keep contradicting your every move, his way or the highway,,,,,:D