Killing it in the parking lot

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
So last year's team was a disaster....multiple players majorly ******* the bed, lot's of butthurt, single digit run totals and an early exit from the playoffs.

The biggest problem though wasn't on the field. too many guys leaving right after the game....not enough drinkers, smokers or just flat out sociable people, we we're only rolling 4 or 5 deep in the p. lot last year and often just joined up with other teams.

This year we cut the bitches, picked up better ballplayers who most importantly throw down after the games with beer and bud. We were rolling deep in the lot last night. It's going to be a fun year.

Lord7

Banned User
I don't drink. Don't smoke. Have a family that I'd rather hang around than a bunch of dudes.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
So last year's team was a disaster....multiple players majorly ******* the bed, lot's of butthurt, single digit run totals and an early exit from the playoffs.

The biggest problem though wasn't on the field. too many guys leaving right after the game....not enough drinkers, smokers or just flat out sociable people, we we're only rolling 4 or 5 deep in the p. lot last year and often just joined up with other teams.

This year we cut the bitches, picked up better ballplayers who most importantly throw down after the games with beer and bud. We were rolling deep in the lot last night. It's going to be a fun year.

I don't drink or hang out with any of my teammates after the game or any other time. We have had no problem gelling and dominating our league. It's because I would rather be with my family than a bunch of stinky ass dudes.

Martin 20

Extra Hitter
Nothin better than drinkin in the parking lot. After a couple beers, the ish gets deep and the bat buying/trading gets out of hand.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
thats cool that you have a family, but you're not a good teammate if you don't socialize.

lol...who told you that crap. I like all my teammates, but once the games are done I don't see any of them and it hasn't been a problem since I have been playing with them the last 3 years.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
thats cool that you have a family, but you're not a good teammate if you don't socialize.

So someone that socializes in the parking lot and sucks at softball, is better than an A class player who mashes and leaves after the game? :confused:

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
lol...who told you that crap. I like all my teammates, but once the games are done I don't see any of them and it hasn't been a problem since I have been playing with them the last 3 years.

you're pretty much outing yourself as a giant toolshed right now....I like where this is going.

sct9680

Addicted to Softballfans
I just joined a new thursday team that has a lot of those guys... They'll drink during the game but bail as soon as the games over. They play pretty well but aren't doing the rest correctly.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
So someone that socializes in the parking lot and sucks at softball, is better than an A class player who mashes and leaves after the game? :confused:

you are a rec player that swings shaved bats....not sure where you're going with that. by the way *crack* here's a beer....drink up sally.

Lord7

Banned User

I socialize in other ways. Like tonight for example, I'm having a birthday party at my house for my 5 year old. 32 total parents and kids invited, 18 of which are somehow related to the softball team.

chancechatman

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't drink. Don't smoke. Have a family that I'd rather hang around than a bunch of dudes.

i second this. maybe tournaments could be a little different because you have games later on in the day but i still dont really go drink and hang out in the parking lot. id rather hang out with my wife and watch games then listen to all the jackassery in the parking lot..
it doesnt seem to hurt team chemistry..

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
you are a rec player that swings shaved bats....not sure where you're going with that. by the way *crack* here's a beer....drink up sally.

You've obviously fallen victim to me trolling a few threads lol.

Thanks for the beer?

bramptonfire

Bat Liquidator !
Parking lot pimpin = better chemistry on the field.

Parking lot pimpin = DUI's and court time in Ontario !

Drinking and driving just aint worth it anymore and I don't blaze, so unless I'm carpooling then I don't drink after games unfortunately.

Martin 20

Extra Hitter

They're trolling the parking lot looking for your replacement:cool:

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I socialize in other ways. Like tonight for example, I'm having a birthday party at my house for my 5 year old. 32 total parents and kids invited, 18 of which are somehow related to the softball team.

whatever toots your kazoo. I for one don't care for children, nor would I find it appropriate to drink beer or smoke weed around them. so I find the slow pitch teammates make for the best compatriots for that type of activity.

Country35

Banned User
I got an open container ticket in a parking lot once....now I learned to hit it when the spot light comes

DUBING

I hang after every once in a while. Most of the time thought the games are late and I get up at 2:50 am for work, so **** that... If its a tourny thats a different story, you can bet I will be drinking and hanging after...

Last edited by a moderator: