Just heard no more double points for playing up?

bis25

Throwin hunnits
Really bro? Wanna explain how the top points team in E, FROM NEW YORK, finished 2011 with more points than the team that won FL Worlds? Oh wait, I know how. Let's count the C and D tourneys, shall we????

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=1602949

And what did they win for having more points? Absolutely nothing. Are E teams not allowed to play up? The team above plays EVERY weekend and we have 2 separate utrip tourney directors in our area. This limits the number of teams entering, hence making most of the tourneys C. They are all pool play into single elim tournaments. As is has been stated on here thousands of times.

POINTS = JACK****

However, you can thank our state director for offering a points chase that gave away travel money to teams with the most points in NY tourneys.

themick42

Our sponsor wants to see our team achieve a good ranking. That's one of the justifications he uses to spend money on us. Without double points in most tournaments and leagues, we will likely lose our backer.

bis25

Throwin hunnits
Our sponsor wants to see our team achieve a good ranking. That's one of the justifications he uses to spend money on us. Without double points in most tournaments and leagues, we will likely lose our backer.

Its only for qualifiers, play up in NITs for double points and pay through usssa.com to get the extra 25 points.

You can come in 12th place playing up in a NIT and get more points than playing up in a qualifier and placing 3rd.

Pitch Perfect

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Blame states like Michigan for this rule. They abused the hell out of the double points.

And what did they win for having more points? Absolutely nothing. Are E teams not allowed to play up? The team above plays EVERY weekend and we have 2 separate utrip tourney directors in our area. This limits the number of teams entering, hence making most of the tourneys C. They are all pool play into single elim tournaments. As is has been stated on here thousands of times.

POINTS = JACK****

However, you can thank our state director for offering a points chase that gave away travel money to teams with the most points in NY tourneys.

I do thank state directors for screwing the pooch on this one, but since you missed the point I was trying to make, I'll say this. Teams bashed on Michigan all year for our teams rosters, huge point amounts, etc. But when E North Worlds came around, Trust/Wicked(who had just won FL Worlds) was still only the 3rd highest team in points. My point was that every state, including NY where the first quote came from, has teams that abuse the system. Is it the only system they have to play in? Yep, because U-Trip directors ****ed the system up, and now are creating an environment that allows teams to rack up points like cray.

Do you think it's fair that almost every tourney that Short Bus played in got classified as a C tourney? Absolutely not. But I'm not faulting them, just stating to the first guy that Michigan is not the only state to blame for this problem.

You're probably right, points don't matter to most. But apparently they matter to someone somewhere. Why not just make every tourney an open and a 4 GG if they didn't. The only tourneys we have in Michigan that are more than 2 games guaranteed are qualifiers. I'd rather have a 4 GG on a Saturday and make it worth the time of taking off work and spending a day.

bis25

Throwin hunnits
I do thank state directors for screwing the pooch on this one, but since you missed the point I was trying to make, I'll say this. Teams bashed on Michigan all year for our teams rosters, huge point amounts, etc. But when E North Worlds came around, Trust/Wicked(who had just won FL Worlds) was still only the 3rd highest team in points. My point was that every state, including NY where the first quote came from, has teams that abuse the system. Is it the only system they have to play in? Yep, because U-Trip directors ****ed the system up, and now are creating an environment that allows teams to rack up points like cray.

Do you think it's fair that almost every tourney that Short Bus played in got classified as a C tourney? Absolutely not. But I'm not faulting them, just stating to the first guy that Michigan is not the only state to blame for this problem.

You're probably right, points don't matter to most. But apparently they matter to someone somewhere. Why not just make every tourney an open and a 4 GG if they didn't. The only tourneys we have in Michigan that are more than 2 games guaranteed are qualifiers. I'd rather have a 4 GG on a Saturday and make it worth the time of taking off work and spending a day.

no doubt. Its crooked everywhere you turn. Some teams in our area got pissed because the state director started looking at rosters more closely and they ended up registering out of state.

As for the Short Bus tourneys, they played in a total of 9. They were all legit, my team played in most of them as well. There were only 3 C teams on Long Island and most C tournies are all pool play into elim.

themick42

Its only for qualifiers, play up in NITs for double points and pay through usssa.com to get the extra 25 points.

You can come in 12th place playing up in a NIT and get more points than playing up in a qualifier and placing 3rd.

There aren't any NIT's in our area.

maddyz11

Banned User
I just don't know why USSSA would pull the plug on something so popular. I don't think most of utrip teams and tournament directors realize the impact this is going to have on them. It's going to disappoint virtually every team and every tournament director in the country, and when the s&#% hits the fan once teams start playing tournaments this spring, the backlash is going to be severe.

SunsOutGunsOut

Star Player
Really bro? Wanna explain how the top points team in E, FROM NEW YORK, finished 2011 with more points than the team that won FL Worlds? Oh wait, I know how. Let's count the C and D tourneys, shall we????

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=1602949

Really bro!!! Where did I say it was limited to just the state of Michigan? Clearly, i made the word "states" plural and just used your beloved state an example.
http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3.asp?TournamentID=689597
I like the B State in MI. The only B team is a dummy team created for that tournament. Where was Linedrive?
Then lets add tournaments like Spring State as well. http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3.asp?TournamentID=689588. Cool 400 point tournament in April for Mush Reloaded.

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
get over guys, points mean nothing, as long as you get enough to go to worlds (or just pay the money) who really cares. but then again if a team with 200 points wins worlds they are sandbagging, but if a team with 2400 points wins worlds they are sandbagging. Just play the game.

Hwick6

Lights Out Sports Coach
Really bro!!! Where did I say it was limited to just the state of Michigan? Clearly, i made the word "states" plural and just used your beloved state an example.
http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3.asp?TournamentID=689597
I like the B State in MI. The only B team is a dummy team created for that tournament. Where was Linedrive? Then lets add tournaments like Spring State as well. http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3.asp?TournamentID=689588. Cool 400 point tournament in April for Mush Reloaded.

They were playing in the A Worlds... http://www.usssa.com/sports/Team3.asp?TeamID=1620014

spos21ram

The Legend
I have a different take on how this will effect teams and classification. There are a lot of teams out there that sandbag and register E because they know they can play up anytime they want to earn double and triple points and also to make them feel warm and fuzzy inside for "playing up". Some E teams never even play E tournys unless it's a NIT and play D or C to gain points. Maybe this will make some sandbagging teams actually play where they belong.

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I have a different take on how this will effect teams and classification. There are a lot of teams out there that sandbag and register E because they know they can play up anytime they want to earn double and triple points and also to make them feel warm and fuzzy inside for "playing up". Some E teams never even play E tournys unless it's a NIT and play D or C to gain points. Maybe this will make some sandbagging teams actually play where they belong.

I honestly think these teams are the minority in E. Lots of teams say they are going to sanction down and then play up, but most of them don't. In my opinion, utrip is just encouraging teams to play down all season instead of playing up. This coming from the manager of an E team that finished on the first page of the utrip rankings, far more because of playing up last year than our post season results last year.

MarcTheArc

<font color="#000080">Arc Angels Softball</font>
No double points for playing up in utrip

I just found out playing up in UTrip will not get you double points this season....except for NIT's, States, Nationals, and Worlds. Wondering how this will affect some teams who depend on double points to get to the Worlds

Country35

Banned User
all you need is $350 to get to worlds and play 1 qualifier.....but did u also see you get 25 points for paying online? Looks like the teams with the best credit will be racking up the most points now. Utrip points are worthless IMO

MarcTheArc

all you need is $350 to get to worlds and play 1 qualifier.....but did u also see you get 25 points for paying online? Looks like the teams with the best credit will be racking up the most points now. Utrip points are worthless IMO

After playing for points and spending huge amounts on 17 or 18 tourneys last year in our case the points were worthless...I couldn't field enough for the Nationals so no Worlds...what a freakin waste of time and money.

I believe, you can get utrip points in some utrip sanctioned leagues

Nice to know

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
This is not true. As of the meeting this past weekend, you still get double points for playing up...

at least, you do here

Country35

Banned User
the utrip league thing would be cool, but who brings their tourney team to a league...to get points they would really need to roster check you every night and ish

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...
Well the upside to bringing your tourney team to league, would be you gel much better come tourney time..

Country35

Banned User
I agree 100% but here if that was the case it wouldnt be fun anymore we'd kill everyone....and we got guys coming in from 60 plus miles away and ish, just wouldnt work for us

creative10

Banned User
Good....not a fan of teams playing for double points anyways. And the points are useless. In 2007 our creative sportswear (a C team) finished 2nd in the country in points that year. Figured u would get a good draw....nope got a team that didn't play a lot of utrip and had a loaded up team for worlds...beat us in our 1st game and were actually a better team and think they finished in the top 10. It happened with our coed team also this year...u don't want to finish high in point and get a very high seed in worlds cuz u most likely will face a team that played one tournament together and was put together a month b4 worlds that can do some damage...since u can buy ur way into the tournament.

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I've just confirmed this with our state director who just returned from the USSSA board meetings...

There ARE still double points for playing up in all qualifiers next year.

Also, E worlds in Orlando has been moved back to the 27-30th of September.

MarcTheArc

Good....not a fan of teams playing for double points anyways. And the points are useless. In 2007 our creative sportswear (a C team) finished 2nd in the country in points that year. Figured u would get a good draw....nope got a team that didn't play a lot of utrip and had a loaded up team for worlds...beat us in our 1st game and were actually a better team and think they finished in the top 10. It happened with our coed team also this year...u don't want to finish high in point and get a very high seed in worlds cuz u most likely will face a team that played one tournament together and was put together a month b4 worlds that can do some damage...since u can buy ur way into the tournament.

That says it all Bro.

I've just confirmed this with our state director who just returned from the USSSA board meetings...

There ARE still double points for playing up in all qualifiers next year.

Also, E worlds in Orlando has been moved back to the 27-30th of September.

Good news.... now I can play The Windmill and go to the Worlds. :D