Usssa civil war/demarini challenge 2012 1/22

AtomicWS

Addicted to Softballfans
3-2.. I was just happy to get some hacks since the team i was supposed to play with bailed out when the delay happened.. Still had fun.

How about you guys?

Got off to a bad start after winning the flip but taking sticks because we thought we only had 8 (we had 2 guys in the dugout...oops). Lost in the last inning. Not exactly motivated to stick around for 6 hours to play our 2nd game at 10pm but did anyway. Props to Psychotic for putting up with us in that game. Ump gave each team 3HR and let us play 2 extra innings. We won but none of us wanted to come back the next day for the ship to start at 6 or 7pm.

I liked the fields and the bats but wish they had moved all of E to Sunday. All in all slightly disappointed. I know they did the best they could...

tippin20s

Cartels were breaking like crazy in the cold weather but they were hot...we hit ten hrs for outs our first game with them.
Don't lie, I only counted 8. ;)
I pitched for Forbidden. We went 3-2. Started out flat against wasted nation and couldnt catch up
I was playing 3b that first game against you guys. Not my normal squad and our second baseman KILLED us! :( oh, and sorry i whizzed that one over your head our last AB, you pitched me short.
Got off to a bad start after winning the flip but taking sticks because we thought we only had 8 (we had 2 guys in the dugout...oops). Lost in the last inning. Not exactly motivated to stick around for 6 hours to play our 2nd game at 10pm but did anyway. Props to Psychotic for putting up with us in that game. Ump gave each team 3HR and let us play 2 extra innings. We won but none of us wanted to come back the next day for the ship to start at 6 or 7pm.

I liked the fields and the bats but wish they had moved all of E to Sunday. All in all slightly disappointed. I know they did the best they could...
I think EVERYONE was disappointed with how things went down, but it was all because of the weather. What it comes down to is we all wanted to play, and put up with some miserable conditions to get one or two games in. Our team was supposed to play at 8 and didn't play till 4. Then were supposed to play at 8am Sunday. Half the team couldn't even make it.

bigwillie83

Addicted to Softballfans
Was that the one that took the bad hop over me haha. I was deff wtfing lol ya you guys couldn't get it together. You played good though if that counts for anything ha

tippin20s

Was that the one that took the bad hop over me haha. I was deff wtfing lol ya you guys couldn't get it together. You played good though if that counts for anything ha

No,our SS bounced one that just missed you, then I hit a shot over you into center. I didn't have a good game, was pissed at everyone else ****in up. And they hit me 4hole and I didn't get one decent pitch my first AB, but that's expected. Our second baseman ****ed up two double play balls AND killed two rallies after we walked bases loaded. You def got some guys that can pound the ball! Oh ya, and those Evil balls are sick as ****. ;)

bigwillie83

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya evil balls are sick unless you dont have homeruns left lol both my homeruns for outs were oppo shots. If we stay playing usssa this year we better buy some asa balls haha

tippin20s

Ya evil balls are sick unless you dont have homeruns left lol both my homeruns for outs were oppo shots. If we stay playing usssa this year we better buy some asa balls haha

That's why our pitcher kept serving em up! Lol. We just couldn't come through with our bats. You guys did great tho, I'm sure I'll cross paths with you again!

Victorious

Addicted to Softballfans
How come we won the D but didn't get all 12 bats like was mentioned?????

where was that mensioned? What team are you?

read the flyer...on the first page....

Prizes were never 12 bats prizes were 10 for E's so when the E teams went from 41 to 28 then to 24

is it worth me giving 10 bats, common guys... with cost of BLD Perris and all other cost no need to explain, none of the teams disatisfied with the prizes when I was giving them out!

Victorious

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh your BPS... Talk to rex dude he didnt seeam disatisfied, when I gave him the swaggers... 20 D teams, then 17 then 15, 5 NIW Swaggers with returns you can probably sell in norcal for $200-225 a bat total prize package of over 1k with all of the circumstances.... there's always going to be winers

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
under the circumstances... weather delays, rescheduling games from multiple parks with teams dropping out, then not dropping out, then dropping out again, think you guys did a pretty good job to get this one done... no matter what you do , someone will always be mad about something...

T-mac

Addicted to Softballfans
where was that mensioned? What team are you?

read the flyer...on the first page....

Prizes were never 12 bats prizes were 10 for E's so when the E teams went from 41 to 28 then to 24

is it worth me giving 10 bats, common guys... with cost of BLD Perris and all other cost no need to explain, none of the teams disatisfied with the prizes when I was giving them out!

i didnt read or see a flyer bud, was just going off of what i was told by other people. If it wasnt supposed to be 12 bats then no big deal. It was only a question. i asked others the same thing and didnt get a straight answer so i figured id ask it on here..

Oh your BPS... Talk to rex dude he didnt seeam disatisfied, when I gave him the swaggers... 20 D teams, then 17 then 15, 5 NIW Swaggers with returns you can probably sell in norcal for $200-225 a bat total prize package of over 1k with all of the circumstances.... there's always going to be winers

why would we sell the bats for? We are playing ASA this year and will definitely be using them. Thanks for the toureny it was a fun one.
always nice to get out and play new teams

T-mac

Addicted to Softballfans
under the circumstances... weather delays, rescheduling games from multiple parks with teams dropping out, then not dropping out, then dropping out again, think you guys did a pretty good job to get this one done... no matter what you do , someone will always be mad about something...

Not mad at all... just asking a question that i know would be answered here instead of somewhere else. All in all it was a great tourney. weather was perfect on sunday and for as much as a cluster **** on saturday morning i thought it was ran very well. we were notified well ahead of when we were supposed to play.

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
Not mad at all... just asking a question that i know would be answered here instead of somewhere else. All in all it was a great tourney. weather was perfect on sunday and for as much as a cluster **** on saturday morning i thought it was ran very well. we were notified well ahead of when we were supposed to play.

not directed at you at all... an in general statement...

chubbs31

Addicted to Softballfans
why isn't all of this drama on the so-cal board?
s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=25716&category=46009

cdub10

Manager
in an event like this, "demarini challenge" its up to demarini what they want to give away as prizes. the swagger is what they are trying to promote right now.

T-mac

Addicted to Softballfans
in an event like this, "demarini challenge" its up to demarini what they want to give away as prizes. the swagger is what they are trying to promote right now.

The swaggers were super hot!!! they are definetly good bats.