College Football 2012 Thread

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish I had the same faith as some of you in here, I see Georgia losing to USC(e)

It should be a good game. I think Georgia is the better team though. Your probably like every Florida state fan and been let down to many times to think your team has a chance.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish I had the same faith as some of you in here, I see Georgia losing to USC(e)

I am completely opposite. Rambo an ogletree had to get their first game out of the way. Lattimore is not as good as the Scar fans say. Tenn's QB is way better than SCAR's QB. Biggest thing is going to be stopping the run, and not turning the ball over. I don't think Gurley and Marshall will still have good games. The only thing that is worrying me is that Michael Bennett (the leading receiver) tore his ACL at practice Tuesday and is out for the rest of the year.

Jarvis Jones needs to be more active as he was very quiet during the Tenn game. With Bennett playing I was thinking of UGA doing very well. If the receivers don't step it up then it is going to be up to Gurley & Marshall and if SCAR stops the run then UGA might be in trouble. I just feel that Lattimore will end up reinjuring himself in this game.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
I am completely opposite. Rambo an ogletree had to get their first game out of the way. Lattimore is not as good as the Scar fans say. Tenn's QB is way better than SCAR's QB. Biggest thing is going to be stopping the run, and not turning the ball over. I don't think Gurley and Marshall will still have good games. The only thing that is worrying me is that Michael Bennett (the leading receiver) tore his ACL at practice Tuesday and is out for the rest of the year.

Jarvis Jones needs to be more active as he was very quiet during the Tenn game. With Bennett playing I was thinking of UGA doing very well. If the receivers don't step it up then it is going to be up to Gurley & Marshall and if SCAR stops the run then UGA might be in trouble. I just feel that Lattimore will end up reinjuring himself in this game.

Lattimore is a beast. While he might not be all the way back - he is pretty damn close. He gashed the Georgia defense last year and the way the Georgia defense has been playing he is likely to do it again. Shaw won't hurt the team with his arm but his scrambling ability could - UGA historically doesn't defend well against a running QB.

JJ is playing with a hurt groin, how he plays the rest of the year will depend on how he is feeling that day. It looked like it was bothering him a lot last week.

My main concerns are stupid turnovers and poor special teams play. They were a huge reason for the loss last year against the chickens and the close win last week. Richt needs to get his head out of his ass and find a solution to the poor ST play. Our kicker makes every PAT attempt an adventure but somehow nails 50 yard FGs. Bad decisions on the punt and kickoff returns placed the team in huge holes last week. If it keeps up, special teams will cost the team a win before the end of the season.

Georgia also traditionally has a hard time scoring in Columbia. They haven't had a QB score a TD through the air since David Greene. They should be able to put some points up but nothing compared to what they have been doing the first five games. Also, Spurrier is likely to play ball control to keep our offense off of the field.

I hope I'm wrong but I see Georgia losing, something like 28-24.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
You will be surprised.

Niether team has a great offense although I give the edge to Florida on that one , and both have a good D. But one of them might surprise us. Im hoping Florida pulls it out , as painful as it is for me to say that

ATL Rookie

Manager
UGA defense pick up right up where they left last week.

I wonder if they know about this new concept called the forward pass? If so, they might want to try defending against it.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I wasn't far off with the Florida LSU game. Once again we see how over rated the sec is this season. LSU sucks

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea South Carolina and Florida suck to...

Bama is the cream of the crop in the sec , the rest are far behind. Florida has no offense , and a pretty good defense. LSU is not the same LSU , sc looks good right now we shall see. I thought Georgia was going to be good

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish Richt would go on a mission or something. Dire need of new blood in the Georgia program. It is paralyzed by over the top conservatism. Murray once again crapping his pants in a big game, OL is terrible yet Bobo continues to run up the gut, and special teams suck.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish Richt would go on a mission or something. Dire need of new blood in the Georgia program. It is paralyzed by over the top conservatism. Murray once again crapping his pants in a big game, OL is terrible yet Bobo continues to run up the gut, and special teams suck.

This game surprises me. I thought it would be more of a dog fight and Georgia would finish on top. You never know , Georgia might come back though

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
This game surprises me. I thought it would be more of a dog fight and Georgia would finish on top. You never know , Georgia might come back though

Not if that first series of the 2nd half is any indication. Stick a fork in the dawgs.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Scar hasnt impressed me. 21 point 10 mins in the 1st quarter. 7 in 3. Georgia looks horrible. Receivers dropping passes. OL collapsing. DL not putting pressure on Shaw. It is a sad game.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Worst game in Richt's tenure, and there have been quite a few bad games.

Not sure how you are not impressed with USC - they made Georgia look like a jr. high school team tonight.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm thinking I was a little off on what I thought about both Georgia and SCAR. SCAR is looking real good. Georgia is in desperate need of some mood stabilizers. Who the hell knows who they are week from week.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm thinking I was a little off on what I thought about both Georgia and SCAR. SCAR is looking real good. Georgia is in desperate need of some mood stabilizers. Who the hell knows who they are week from week.

For the last two years, the only time Georgia shows a pulse is against average to below average teams.

Interesting stat on the broadcast, Georgia is now 2-15 against ranked teams since '08.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
For the last two years, the only time Georgia shows a pulse is against average to below average teams.

Interesting stat on the broadcast, Georgia is now 2-15 against ranked teams since '08.

Wow. Unacceptable. Way too much talent for that. Especially the way the SECe has been in recent years.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I blame bullet. His negativity spread to them. Georgia looked like **** more than scar looked good. Why they didnt kick a field goal earlier in the game is beyond me.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
I guess I wasn't far off with the Florida LSU game. Once again we see how over rated the sec is this season. LSU sucks

Coming from an ACC fan this makes me lol. You are in a joke conference, and think you're great and haven't played anyone worth a crap, and won't until the end of November.