2013 nats.

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
So how quickly are you getting off the list to be allowed to one hit the flyers ;)

They told me to not make it an issue this yr and that next yr I would be able to pitch . Trying to convince this one guy to ditch drifton and come with us!!!!

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone want to translate that?

Unfortunately, the cute girl that sat in front of me for three years of Spanish is nowhere to be found these days!!!!

D14MASA

Extra Hitter
ASA Nationals

as of august 20, 11 teams have submitted payment and rosters. from MI: Wolves, Secory, Stallions, Marysville Goodyear, Celluar Solutions, PH KOA, Bucs, cheap charlies.

Mug from NH, Men of Iron from PA, Jubb from NH.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
I would think there would be at least 20 teams when all is said and done this year..... Quite a few teams that traditionally play Nationals not on included in the list of teams.

dpergand

Addicted to Softballfans
Press Box Bulldogs, Press Box Blue Sox, and Fat Boys all from the area of Fond du Lac, WI faxed their paperwork in today and is all set. I believe Little Creek from Green Bay, WI sent their paperwork yesterday. So there will for sure be 4 teams from Wisconsin.

D14MASA

Extra Hitter
National Team Update

as of Wednesday we have 18 teams, latest additions: Jet Pizza-MI, Hurricanes-MI, Lee Auto-MI, Angry Bull-Mi, Press Box Bulldogs WI, Fat Boys-Wi, Gilligans/Hagemisters-WI, Press Box Blue Sox-WI.

should be more coming in mail Thursday.

D14MASA

Extra Hitter
nationals 24 teams

now have- 24 teams. latest additions: Boston Sharks, Greenville Inn NJ, team stats-MI, Bachelor's II, PA, Dempsey Baxter, PA, Bonnells Airways PA.

drawing Friday afternoon.

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
Drifton 10 Man B Nationals brackets have been posted.

http://www.paasa.org/tournaments/mens-tournaments

My question is why run "your" national tourney the same time the ASA one recognizes as the national tourney? Why take away teams and not want possibly more teams to come play?

This to me is a **** move and possibly hurting more people coming to POHO and/or teams joining your national tourney.

So do tell and explain and work together for the common good of the teams.

That question would be better directed toward the ASA of PA. I never did understand why they do it.

What takes away from the true National tournament is the fact that Drifton is a B tournament. The problem with that is Pa has 4 classifications, C, B, A, Open. Some Pa teams were not allowed to go to Drifton and went to Minn and PH. Some states only have two or less classifications. It is up to the state as to what they call the classifications. Normally they call them B and C. Therefore the best teams in those states are classified as B and allowed to go to Drifton. If they were classified correctly they would not be allowed to go to Drifton and would have to go to the true National tournament in PH. I would say almost half the teams going to Drifton are classified incorrectly.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Interesting to see that Queen's Express, who knocked off Secory Flyer's in the Championship of the Blue Water Invitational is listed as playing in the Drifton B Tournament.

Really?

Interesting to see that Queen's Express, who knocked off Secory Flyer's in the Championship of the Blue Water Invitational is listed as playing in the Drifton B Tournament.

Really?

Exactly my point

It will be interesting this year at Drifton because of the guy running the tournament is very determined to clean up the pitching and make it a very strict 10 man tournament.

Last edited:

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
Lakewood nj would be the perfect place for a national it wood take all the teams away from drifton all the teams that go there from out of state are not B teams they are all 9man teams playing 10man if Lakewood ever did get it there would be 60 teams just my opinion

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
Exactly my point

It will be interesting this year at Drifton because of the guy running the tournament is very determined to clean up the pitching and make it a very strict 10 man tournament.

Clean up on pitching is going to be the thing that is always an issue. My only concern is the fact that they may see a guy throw hard and he is illegal cuz he throws hard. I would hate to see some pitchers especially the guy who threw for us last year(who is very legal) and was deemed illegal by a certain ump and would let other go. But who knows what will happen once you step on the field. Personally I love to play and would like to beat the best pitcher or vice versa. BUT legally ;)

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
My point and not doing this in a bad way but I was watched from the sideline at state and I did not change a thing and they said I was deemed legal and was good. Only rule was crossing my feet and the rule states and is clear to have your back foot as a guide for crossing and mine never crossed but were even. They called it more this year than prior and I am fine with it. But why even allow a guy to warm up watch and say yes your good to go. Then walk out there and then cracked cracked cracked on pitches. I am saying they need to have balls and be legit on every pitcher and watch ball and wrist and feet.

Just my blurb for the day lol

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans

Really?

The prolly have a class B pitcher and then light the **** of the other pitchers there. Sandbagging is always going to be there and is a bit redic. I am happy to say that we will always play in A no matter what and if we go 0-2 so be it. But we are there to play the best out there and beat or loose to the best out there.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
Would rather play 9 man but a lot of teams aren't playing ,07 we ran our memorial day tourny 14 teams none of them are playing now sad but true,. I will be hurling next week ,cry babies be aware not on list any more.