mlb free agency

trip

stfu
price ain't a free agent. they're going to have to be blown away with an offer. tb loves their draft picks, especially a 1st round or compensatory pick for losing him via FA

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I know he's not a free agent. Do you want me to only talk about free agents here? Is that the rules for this thread?

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
price ain't a free agent. they're going to have to be blown away with an offer. tb loves their draft picks, especially a 1st round or compensatory pick for losing him via FA

They are better off trading him and getting something for him then letting him be a free agent at the end of next year if they don't have the money to sign him.

bradblah

Weeeeee
ruiz will get a starting job somewhere or else be back in philly. phils offered him a pretty decent extension during the season and he turned it down. the yankees have tried to get him for 2 years from the phils.

the phils are also about to sign a new TV deal worth a **** ton of money - they are talking like they might go spend a bunch of money again and try to make the team relevant. they need some sort RH power bat, a leadoff hitter, and at least a CF.

trip

stfu
every team is doing a new tv deal with expected revenues though.

it's just going to end up lincecum'ing the free agent market. guys with a 5 ERA over the last two years are going to get 17MM a year

bradblah

Weeeeee
yeah but the phillies are about to sign a $4.5-5 billion one. only gonna be like the dodgers and yankees with bigger deals.

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
lincecum will not be what he was when he won the 2 cy youngs. but he wont be the 5+ era either. 14-10, 3 era

Chubby_43

world series is over. **** the red sox. top 20 listed below

Rank Player Last Team Pos Age AB HR AVG RBI Update
1 Robinson Cano Yankees 2B 30 605 27 .314 107 yankees
2 Jacoby Ellsbury Red Sox OF 30 577 9 .298 53 mariners, but probably mets
3 Brian McCann Braves C 30 356 20 .256 57 red sox
4 Shin-Soo Choo Reds OF 31 569 21 .285 54 yankees make a play, stays with reds. cubs lurk though
5 Ben Zobrist Rays 2B 33 612 12 .275 71 $7MM club option rays
6 Carlos Beltran Cardinals OF 37 554 24 .296 84 yankees
7 Nelson Cruz Rangers OF 33 413 27 .266 76 accepts qualifying offer
8 Mike Napoli Red Sox 1B 32 498 23 .259 92 red sox
9 Coco Crisp A's OF 34 513 22 .261 66 oakland
10 Jarrod Saltalamacchia Red Sox C 29 425 14 .273 65 phillies
11 Curtis Granderson Yankees OF 33 214 7 .229 15 when the mariners miss out on ellsbury and choo, he'll get overpaid in seattle
12 Stephen Drew Red Sox SS 31 442 13 .253 67 reds
13 Yunel Escobar Rays SS 31 508 9 .256 56 $5MM club option stays with tb
14 Corey Hart Brewers 1B 32 562 30 .270 83 brewers
15 Jhonny Peralta Tigers SS 32 409 11 .303 55 tigers
16 David DeJesus Rays OF 34 391 8 .251 38 $6.5MM club option stays with tb
17 Kendrys Morales Mariners 1B 30 602 23 .277 80 mariners
18 Juan Uribe Dodgers 3B 34 388 12 .278 50 dodgers
19 A.J. Pierzynski Rangers C 37 503 17 .272 70 texas
20 Carlos Ruiz Phillies C 35 310 5 .268 37 backs up someone somewhere else

mariners will make a play on either ellsbury or choo. probably both, but are going to end up having to overpay for one. both are going to be $100MM+ guys with boras behind both them. my sweet predictions in bold.

Not a single pitcher listed on here

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
The Cards will probably make Beltran an offer. He's going to want to play where he has a chance to win. St. Louis or NYY gives him that chance.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The Cards will probably make Beltran an offer. He's going to want to play where he has a chance to win. St. Louis or NYY gives him that chance.

They have to make him an offer or they won't get a compensation pick if he signs elsewhere.

trip

stfu
Not a single pitcher listed on here

name me a top free agent pitcher this year

haren is likely to be kept by LA. halladay would consider himself lucky to crack the top 20. tim hudson, while he put up decent numbers.. pretty sure he is, or is almost 40.

you could make a case for matt garza but he did nothing but hurt his value in texas and bartolo colon isn't a front of the rotation guy anywhere but oakland.

i don't consider closers top free agents, but that's just me

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Cardinals and Yankees are the only teams that can win, at least that's what the Red Sox told me

trip

stfu
of course not. on the off chance they do, they will be overpaid. apparently seattle offered hamilton a 5/137 contract.

trip

stfu
after seattle gave him up for... ben broussard i think.

another fine seattle trade.

they also traded to cleveland shortly before or after that trade... asdrubal cabrera for eduardo perez.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Don't they have some talent on the way from their minor league system? I thought it is one of the stronger systems.

Probably at least another year away and then the first season, at the very least, has lots of growing pains. They need lots of pieces to contend.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Probably at least another year away and then the first season, at the very least, has lots of growing pains. They need lots of pieces to contend.

I wasn't sure how far away the talent was. They just don't need to trade away young talent to contend for a year or two. I hope to see the Twins contending soon. They are one of my favorite A.L. teams to watch.