Louisville Slugger Catalyst (SB105) Softball Bat Replacement Bat Issue

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Just stop posting normal and logical answers in this thread like I stopped. I just said to hell with it and went on my marry way to Combat! I am completely done with LS because of this and have had nothing but great experiences with starting to stock up on Combat stuff. Hell I haven't even spent $400 yet and got 4 new bats coming to me. lol And this way you can save your breath trying to pound something that makes sense into someones head who just doesn't get it.

MB:thumb:

Do you get a signing bonus from someone for only swinging one brand of bat? How dare you carry more than just LS or just Combat bats in your bag.

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
I am not trying to be a dbag here, but lets use an analogy. Say for instance you can go buy a Ford Raptor truck new off the lot for $60k. It runs great until one day the entire damn engine blows up, wheels fall off, body panels collapse, all just from normal driving. Ford would replace that with a new Raptor and everyone would be happy.

Now take the guy that hears through the grapevine that he can go buy a Ford Ranger for $20k, drive it for 8 months, and if it falls apart, Ford is going to give him a Raptor because they are all out of Rangers.

How many more Rangers do you think are going to sell now? A **** ton! Not only that, there are people out there that are going to start intentionally redlining their Ranger all over the place, driving it wrecklessly, hitting potholes, towing far more than the capacity allows, etc...to expedite their return.

How long do you think Ford would continue to offer a Raptor in return for a Ranger? Does it make more sense for them to keep giving out Raptors or for them to say sorry guys, you can either have a Ford Focus now (similar price as Ranger but completely different vehicle) or you can wait 6 months until we come out with the new small size truck? Not to mention, we are going to give you a full warranty on the new small size truck when it comes out.

The answer is pretty obvious. Just because they are softball bats and are only in the $100-300 price range, doesn't really change the facts or comparison. I think the idea of producing another run of Cattys is the best idea of all just so people can stop bitching all together, but if they aren't willing to do that, I think their current options are sufficient to meet the broad standards of their warranty.

Oh dear god, why didnt you just use a pinto and lambo analogy?

You can not fix a broken bat for christs sake, You can however repair a automobile and have it be better than before.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
I still can't get over the complaining about be forced to get the Sonic. Did anybody notice all the ASA Sonics on the board are $180+ USED? Obviously, nobody has hit one, but it seems safe to assume it would be the TPS replacement for the Catalyst and will probably be priced at $200. I'd almost prefer a Sonic with warranty to a NR Z2000. Especially after my Z busted in 250 swings. Hell, I'm hoping it's a repaint and people find red Catty serial numbers under the grip.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh dear god, why didnt you just use a pinto and lambo analogy?

You can not fix a broken bat for christs sake, You can however repair a automobile and have it be better than before.

Because if you are comparing prices...Ranger is to a Raptor ($20k versus $60k) as a Catalyst is to a Z2000 ($100 versus $300).

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
not everybody bought them cheap for the sole purpose to get a Z as a replacement. they don't have a comparable model to send out for warranty right now. they have no other choice but to send the next best thing. offering metal or a long wait is bull****.

jesus ****ing christ softball players are dumber than hell.

I am not trying to be a dbag here, but lets use an analogy. Say for instance you can go buy a Ford Raptor truck new off the lot for $60k. It runs great until one day the entire damn engine blows up, wheels fall off, body panels collapse, all just from normal driving. Ford would replace that with a new Raptor and everyone would be happy.

Now take the guy that hears through the grapevine that he can go buy a Ford Ranger for $20k, drive it for 8 months, and if it falls apart, Ford is going to give him a Raptor because they are all out of Rangers.

How many more Rangers do you think are going to sell now? A **** ton! Not only that, there are people out there that are going to start intentionally redlining their Ranger all over the place, driving it wrecklessly, hitting potholes, towing far more than the capacity allows, etc...to expedite their return.

How long do you think Ford would continue to offer a Raptor in return for a Ranger? Does it make more sense for them to keep giving out Raptors or for them to say sorry guys, you can either have a Ford Focus now (similar price as Ranger but completely different vehicle) or you can wait 6 months until we come out with the new small size truck? Not to mention, we are going to give you a full warranty on the new small size truck when it comes out.

The answer is pretty obvious. Just because they are softball bats and are only in the $100-300 price range, doesn't really change the facts or comparison. I think the idea of producing another run of Cattys is the best idea of all just so people can stop bitching all together, but if they aren't willing to do that, I think their current options are sufficient to meet the broad standards of their warranty.

Because if you are comparing prices...Ranger is to a Raptor ($20k versus $60k) as a Catalyst is to a Z2000 ($100 versus $300).
Please reread what Herts had typed, then you, and then you again. You are simply grasping at nothing.

Herts had stated something comparable, that was all. Metal bat is not compareable, neither is a bat that will be 7 months out.

Ive been in customer service for years, and what LS is doing to their customers is horrible. You should not feel like a criminal when you call to get your bat issue taken care of. Without us as customers, they do not have a job, and not able to put food on the table for their families. Not everyone has $300+ to drop on a softball bat, so they buy a bat that is in their price range with the warranty incase anything happens to it. I have never had a customer that had a issue with replacement or repair of their product from me. We put the customer at a inconvience with our mistake, and we do our best to make them happy and want to come back. I have had dealings with LS customer service before and its far below standard. I will never use LS products again, and will stay with Worth, Easton, Miken due to they have taken care of the customers when they have a issue.

And dont try and use the Raptor/ Ranger analogy, nice try but not close to what is going on here.

single wally

Professional Amateur
So ultimately, who is getting burned here? Just the people who were holding their busted Catty's hoping the Z2000 stock would run out and they'd get a Z3000? The Red Catty is a good bat, I'd argue a GREAT bat for $80. Easton fans wish there ever was a period they'd get a LV1 in return for a $80 L6 if they whined about the end load. If you bought one over the Winter enjoy it this Spring and stop being buttsore you won't get a Z2000 in return for BPing it until it breaks.

Matt the difference is Easton has L6s for busted L6s, unlike LS they know how to manage their returns inventory. And like someone else said Demar was able to give good returns on the Legend when it was selling at blowout prices so why can't LS?

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Do you get a signing bonus from someone for only swinging one brand of bat? How dare you carry more than just LS or just Combat bats in your bag.

As a matter of fact I do. :wtf2:

Listen to each their own as to what they swing. I am pretty sure myself and Herts have responded about the complete disregard that LS have shown to their "loyal" customers with this decision. But do what you want and defend who you want I could honestly care less. And yes I have switched from exclusively swinging LS to Combat for the upcoming season. Does that mean I get paid or a bonus to swing a certain brand of stick? Hell no but why the hell would I have one of each brand in my bag when I can have one brand and a couple of the same stick I like in case one breaks etc. I am currently buying up pretty much one of each model I think I may like then once I swing them I will sell off the ones I do not like and get a couple more of the ones I do. Understand?

Have a great day and keep on the LS train good for you!

MB:biggthumpup:

bonzer187

See Ya Ball
I would like to see someone buy an easton hammer and try to return it for a L1.... Not going to happen.... It's not about the price difference in the bat for LS it's the point of trying to stop people from scamming the system ....

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Matt the difference is Easton has L6s for busted L6s, unlike LS they know how to manage their returns inventory. And like someone else said Demar was able to give good returns on the Legend when it was selling at blowout prices so why can't LS?

For me, being first in line for next year's bat and getting 1 year warranty for my trouble doesn't sound that bad (has anybody ever offered that before?). I'm assuming my remaining Cattys will break (considering the way my other two went out). So for me, it's like I spent $60 on a Sonic Pre-order and they're letting me swing a Red Catty this year while I wait. Sure, LS screwed up by going Z crazy and not offering any lower price point bats this year creating the Catty to Z upgrade loophole last year, but I still honestly believe the Sonic offer is a much better deal than a $100 credit to the store or whatever they could have done as an alternate. LS could probably legally argue that the Warrior is technically their lower pricepoint bat for 2014 if they really wanted to be ****s about it. Nothing states you absolutely must receive a composite for a composite bat or an end loaded for an end loaded. The return for a Worth PST is a composite for example. They just do that to be nice. Is anybody really going to sue or quit LS if they don't get a Z back for a $70 bat? It's all pissing and moaning, soon to be forgotten.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs

Using your analogy it would be like this,
I bought a Ford Raptor for 60k I drive it and it falls apart. Ford tells me that I can't get another Raptor and I can have a Ranger now or Wait 6 months + to get a somewhat similar truck. Then that's only after they ask you how many miles you drove, on what terrain, how many times you touched the redline, what kind of gas you used, and how many times you changed the oil, what type of oil you used, how much you weigh, how many passengers did you carry in the truck, what's your skill level of driving, did you tow anything, and did you always back into your parking spot or just pull in?

Then they would make you fax them a proof of purchase and then they won't call you back and then when you do they have you fax it again because they lost it. Finally they may think about giving you a warranty return.

Anyways your analogy sucks, your thought process sucks.

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
For me, being first in line for next year's bat and getting 1 year warranty for my trouble doesn't sound that bad (has anybody ever offered that before?). I'm assuming my remaining Cattys will break (considering the way my other two went out). So for me, it's like I spent $60 on a Sonic Pre-order and they're letting me swing a Red Catty this year while I wait. Sure, LS screwed up by going Z crazy and not offering any lower price point bats this year creating the Catty to Z upgrade loophole last year, but I still honestly believe the Sonic offer is a much better deal than a $100 credit to the store or whatever they could have done as an alternate. LS could probably legally argue that the Warrior is technically their lower pricepoint bat for 2014 if they really wanted to be ****s about it. Nothing states you absolutely must receive a composite for a composite bat or an end loaded for an end loaded. The return for a Worth PST is a composite for example. They just do that to be nice. Is anybody really going to sue or quit LS if they don't get a Z back for a $70 bat? It's all pissing and moaning, soon to be forgotten.
I hope Worth sent back a composite for a PST, The PST were $400+ bats.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
For me, being first in line for next year's bat and getting 1 year warranty for my trouble doesn't sound that bad (has anybody ever offered that before?).

Yes, easton didn't have a 100H to return me, they gave me a 329$ (MSRP+shipping)(not what I paid)credit to use and the bat I bought would then come with a full warranty.

ESuperst4r

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah this move by LS can be twisted anyway you want, but the fact of the matter is there are customers who are getting screwed over this and they will lose business. I hope my new z2k doesn't break because I don't want to deal with the warranty dept.

I've no doubts that the LS warranty department would not be as badly handled as it is had LS put out a bat that didn't have such terrible durability problems. Their own craftsmanship has come back to haunt them with what seems like every sold bat breaking within the warranty period. I'd be very curious to know how many claims each of the companies dealt with on a daily basis and I'd put $ down that LS blows them all away. When their bats don't break, they're great, but if you choose to sacrifice durability in order to have the "hottest" bat on the market, causing people to buy your bat in droves, only to have all those sold bats due to their popularity start breaking, guess what!? You have now created your own problem. Would people really have not bought enough Z's to turn a decent profit if they had taken 100-200 swings to fully break in and get hot like most manufacturers? Especially considering the durability issues lie with the USSSA models, which most of us are still hitting the harder 44/400 balls or something very similar. At the beginning of 2013 I didn't own a single USSSA bat, only had played ASA until that point. Heard two things about Z's, hot really fast, don't last. Never gave a second thought to going to another brand. I don't have the $ or patience or luck to deal with fragile bats, regardless of how well they swing. There are simply too many other manufactuers that can provide a bat that will become similarly hot (they all have to stay within the same tested standards) and can still last 1000+ swings and be equal to or less than the LS price model.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Matt you've already flipped several $70 cattys into Z2Ks so I think it's easy to have positive outlook from your perspective. I only flipped one red catty and paid $120 for it, so maybe I'm just jealous... ;)

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Matt you've already flipped several $70 cattys into Z2Ks so I think it's easy to have positive outlook from your perspective. I only flipped one red catty and paid $120 for it, so maybe I'm just jealous... ;)

And you sold it for $200, right? I only flipped two. I'm technically sitting on five SB105Es and a yellow SB105 right now (Bird bailed on one and I'm just guessing Warren wants the other), so this clearly affects me. I just don't think it's that bad.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I actually sold my used NR Z2K RI on ebay for $225 shipped! After fees/mail costs it was a lot less but still I wasn't complaining... If the Sonic is a good bat you're in business.

crawl13

Addicted to Softballfans
So if I called last week and was told I was getting a Z in return, does this still stand or am I screwed too? Hell id take a bag or glove over a 80 metal.

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems the only ones that are pissed off are the ones who bought the cattys to then turn a profit .. Js

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
You all don't understand then. It's not about being greedy. It's about doing what's right. I could give two ****s about getting a Z back. Busting a Catalyst should get you a comparable replacement in a timely manner. If they don't have any, and the wait time is greater than a month or two, then they should offer you their next highest model. They're making people wait until AUGUST to get something back that's comparable. The alternative is metal. Or paying a difference. That's deplorable. It's not my fault LS can't make a bat that they can send as a replacement. Or keep adequate stock to give out. They must pay the price by giving out a higher end model because giving A METAL BAT should never be an option, despite what price is on the receipt.

They should have made a run of Catalysts to replace the ones that broke. They didn't. That's their fault. I've said it before..it's BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE to offer what's being offered here. They should be ashamed of themselves.

And this is coming from a guy that would swing a SB105...I liked mine just as much as a Z.

How do you know they didn't make a run of Catalyst for warranty return's? I'm sure they calculate the % of returns like most manufacturers and keep that many around. Whose to say they didn't burn through those due to people breaking them on purpose or rolling them and breaking them prematurely? You, I nor anyone else on this board knows if this is true or not!

They must pay the price? I'm guessing they are paying something due to the higher percentage of broken Catalyst due to people taking advantage of the system, but again no one on this board knows this for a fact.

And let me be clear, I'll be swinging Easton's this year unless the Z3k is too good to put down, I'm not a loyalist, I'm a ball player who find the best bat for me.