Louisville Slugger Catalyst (SB105) Softball Bat Replacement Bat Issue

dturner22

Addicted to Softballfans
All,

It has come to my attention through our Customer Service Dept. that there are some customers that have recently purchased the Catalyst’s (SB105) at a huge discount from some of our retailers and are expecting a Z2000 in return for their replacement. Due to some customers that are abusing the system by altering/rolling these bats, beating them against poles and/or otherwise breaking them on purpose to get an upgrade, we have established some options moving forward for these customers.

• If you are a Customer calling in for Return Authorization (RA) replacement, you must supply a receipt for your proof of purchase. 1-800-282-BATS
• Customer Service Rep. will verify validity of your receipt with the retailer you purchased it from.

Here are your Options that you may choose from where the product failure is due to intended on-field use such as game use and/or batting practice and not a bat that has been altered and/or abused.

Option 1: You can receive a Warrior (aluminum) bat valued at a retail of $99.00. This will be considered your replacement and no other replacements will be issued for this purchase.

Option 2: You can wait for the launch of the new 1-piece Sonic+ composite bat that has a MSRP of $199.00. This Sonic+ replacement will come with a 1 year/1 time replacement from point of transaction.

**Please note that this bat will not be available until July/ August, 2014.

Option 3: If the consumer wants to replace with a higher priced bat (i.e. Z2000 or Z3000), then you must pay the difference of what you paid and what the MSRP is for the Z2000 ($249)/Z3000 ($299). This replacement bat will also come with a 1 year/1 time replacement from point of transaction.
• We can accept a credit card payment for this transaction.
• Once the Catalyst (SB105) is received and verified that the failure is due to intended on field use, then the replacement can be processed.

• If the Catalyst (SB105) is determined by Customer Service Rep. and/or the Engineering Dept. to have damage and/or failure due to abuse or alteration, the Catalyst (SB105) claim will be denied.

WARRANTY
Louisville Slugger provides a limited one (1) year; one-time non-transferable warranty on our new composite bat (may vary outside the U.S) to the original purchaser. This product is warranted to be free of manufacturing and material defects for a period of one (1) year from the original date of retail purchase. Original proof of purchase from an authorized Louisville Slugger dealer must be presented to obtain warranty service. This limited warranty covers cracking, breaking, or significant denting that may occur during normal field usage. This limited warranty is void if the bat is determined by Hillerich & Bradsby to have been abused or altered in any way, or you are not the original purchaser. Assignment of a Return Authorization, or “RA” number is not confirmation the submitted bat is under warranty.

FRAUDULENT CLAIMS
Submitting a false or fraudulent claim may be illegal. This includes altering or creating a false sales receipt to make an out-of-warranty product appear to be in-warranty and/or making a claim under a fictitious name or address or under any name or address not your own. Submitting such documentation to H&B for replacement may be a violation of state and federal laws. H&B will retain any bat returned under a fraudulent claim and such conduct may be referred to the appropriate law enforcement agencies for further investigation which could result in prosecution under, among other law, the U.S Mail Fraud Statues. (18 USC Citation 1341 and 1342, et seq.)

Louisville Slugger’s warranty obligation is to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. Louisville Slugger DOES NOT accept receipts from PayPal, Paypoint, eBay or other auction websites. Your receipt must be from an authorized Louisville Slugger dealer to receive warranty services.

Louisville Slugger reserves the right to discontinue or change this policy.

Dennis Turner

(02/2014)

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Yep my thoughts exactly. I am going with Combat again to hell with LS from here on out!

Very disappointing to say the least! I remember back years ago when Easton started sending out extended's and then flex's for tri shell returns. Everyone bought up all the tri shells they could. I was lucky and loved that bat and actually had close to a dozen anyway. But they never screwed with their customers just took the returns and sent out the new bat. Now that is some customer service!

MB:mad:

bonzer187

See Ya Ball
Blame the people out there abusing the system for this not DT.....Thete must have been an insane amount of catty's returned and threw up a red flag.....

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Blame the people out there abusing the system for this not DT.....Thete must have been an insane amount of catty's returned and threw up a red flag.....

I am pretty sure there were people abusing the system when Easton was sending out those returns also. Simple fix to monitor the returns closely not to put everyone in the same situation. What does this say to the people who legitimately purchased one of these it broke and are now being forced into and I must say a total BS situation for their return! Hell I don't even own one of these bats to return if it broke, and I am still pissed at this! It completely turns me away from LS. IMO they are turning their backs on their loyal customers who have legit issues because and lets face it 10-15% of the returns are not legit? That screams bad customer service to me.

MB:cool:

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND

No. And I was waiting for somebody to defend this abortion of a policy. It's not MY fault they offered this as a return. They should have held a ton of Catalysts back to account for the returns. Or make them as durable as the originals. That's THEIR fault. To tell me I have to get a METAL bat back or wait until JULY? More of the standard LS BS I've come to notice over the last couple of years. LS should do a better job of policing distributers to not sell SB105's or whatever, under $150. Make me pay or wait? Just terrible...because they have you by the balls, and you can't do anything. There will always be people out there with alterior motives. But that's the price you pay when you institute a policy of Z's for Catty's. To offer what is being offered here, for the lack of a better word, is retarded.

Aside from Joe Schmo in the returns department, who's the furthest thing from a forensic detective, who gets to pass judgement on HOW your bat was broken, they can deny your return for any reason. They can find a way to not ship anything back to you. I've dealt with it. I, personally, never will again.

dturner22

Addicted to Softballfans
Gentlemen,

I do appreciate your opinions and they do not go unoticed, but something had to give. We cannot continue with this issue as there were a handful of customers that severly abused the system. We all know that there is no such thing as retail pricing, and it seems that everyone sells there bats below suggested retail. It was our fault anyway that these Catalyst's that were being sold for $75 should have been sold as NO WARRANTY bats. We are basing this on the selling price point that you purchased your Catalyst for.

To all you stating that you will not purchase another LS bat, that is fine, as that is your decision.

We will continue sell to those loyalists that appreciate what we have to offer.

Dennis Turner

dturner22

Addicted to Softballfans
The (old) Sonic was a bat that never really hit the market. It did have an ASA stamp on it but was never approved for ASA. Plus is didn't pass the new USSSA standards. The new Sonic+ will release this summer and it will be offered in 0.5 oz. loads and will be USSSA only.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
The (old) Sonic was a bat that never really hit the market. It did have an ASA stamp on it but was never approved for ASA. Plus is didn't pass the new USSSA standards. The new Sonic+ will release this summer and it will be offered in 0.5 oz. loads and will be USSSA only.

I called Demarini for a return for a Creature... They said all they had were FuDawgs... As I was asking for a J3A... They told me I could wait for the new line to come out and could choose one of them.... I bought the creature for 79$... They never asked me how much I bought it for or no **** like that... And offered me anything I wanted... Even if they have it in stock, they still offer you a different model... Keeping their customers happy... You should take a page from their book... Cause your book sucks!

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
So if I bought a SB105 for $270, would I get a Z2000 back with a $20 bill taped to it?

I don't think so. You're nickel and diming your customers to even things out. Bad business practice.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Gentlemen,

I do appreciate your opinions and they do not go unoticed, but something had to give. We cannot continue with this issue as there were a handful of customers that severly abused the system. We all know that there is no such thing as retail pricing, and it seems that everyone sells there bats below suggested retail. It was our fault anyway that these Catalyst's that were being sold for $75 should have been sold as NO WARRANTY bats. We are basing this on the selling price point that you purchased your Catalyst for.

To all you stating that you will not purchase another LS bat, that is fine, as that is your decision.
We will continue sell to those loyalists that appreciate what we have to offer.

Dennis Turner

In your first paragraph you say our opinions don't go unnoticed yet you go on to say its fine if we don't purchase another LS product. To me I read this as basically we don't care what you say cause we as LS are not going to try and "earn" your business back. This all comes down to a situation you admitted was LS fault for not "policing" for lack of a better term sales of a certain bat for a certain price range. I still am unsure where the blame falls on the consumer that legitimately purchased one of these bats and is being screwed out of a legitimate return.

MB :confused:

WhitePhins

MYSTERY MAN
Love when people get mad cause of people abusing the system then a company made a stand to stop it....

Just like SBF did with the no selling/trading of ANY NIW/NOW bat.... Can't make everyone happy.

And yes I'm a loyal LS bat huer...

The_Natural

Weak Glove
I will have all my LS stuff posted tonight for sale. I won't be back. Enjoy pissing off your loyal customers who didn't abuse the system.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Since when does LS care what a business sells their bats for anyway? They don't get residuals. Don't businesses place orders and buy directly from LS? The number that's on the receipt is an arbitrary one. The customer now has to pay the price for "getting a good deal"? Trash.

slapitoppo

Addicted to Softballfans
im not loyal to any brand, but this is pretty bush. waiting for it to hit oldscout haha. you need to police retailers, not punish consumers.

...and lol to the return options.

Tokyo#1

You're Welcome
LS owes me $50. I broke my Z2000+ EL, and they sent me a RI Z2000. That only retails for $249.99.