Some Regular Dudes Hitting The INSAN3

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
I know most of my videos usually have bigger dudes swinging so nobody really believes they are getting an accurate depiction of what the bat is really capable of for the average person. I held a demo day for the INSAN3 last week and brought out a bunch of random dudes to get some hacks in. Most of these guys play league night ball with maybe some Rec/E tournaments here and there. With the exception of Big Corey, I don't believe any of these guys have played above E. So here you go folks. Take a look at what the INSAN3 can do in the hands of all kinds of different builds and swing types.
We were using mostly 52/300 Stones with a handful of 44/375s mixed in. The INSAN3 had about 1000 hacks on it up to this point. ENJOY.
-Huff

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltaVh8ZAIYM&list=PLHiSH1rScQqpeviKyJSAnTLYcN7uNdXSk[/ame]

Last edited:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
is the Insane an exclusive bat, haven't been on the boards much to really keep track of what's coming out this year....

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What was the break-in point on this?
200-300 ?

What is this comparable to in their current line?
EL Juggy barrel with a stiffer composite handle?

Last edited:

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
What was the break-in point on this?
200-300 ?

What is this comparable to in their current line?
EL Juggy barrel with a stiffer composite handle?

i actually didn't get the bat until 1000 swings were already on it or so. I can't say how long the break in period is first hand, but the guys that swung it early on thought it broke in pretty quick. Similar to juggy. stiffer and with more EL

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i actually didn't get the bat until 1000 swings were already on it or so. I can't say how long the break in period is first hand, but the guys that swung it early on thought it broke in pretty quick. Similar to juggy. stiffer and with more EL

Sweet, sounds like a winner. I'll hit up Gary about a SoCal showcase....

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
Was going to send you a PM but the option is blocked. What kind of camera you use?

got banned last year. a certain mod was kind enough to let me appeal the case after about a year and was let back on the site but on probation…so i do not have full access to the features of the site including PM's. posting of this video was approved prior to getting posted actually…anyway, i use a little JVC HD camera on a tripod. nothing too fancy

franti

"Mr. Guapo's Dad"
Regular?????

Theres nothing regular about those hitters... The thinest one must be 6'2 220 lbs

TRaj2327

Lol. They looked pretty regular to me. I only see one hitter with a D caliber swing. Size is meaningless.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol. They looked pretty regular to me. I only see one hitter with a D caliber swing. Size is meaningless.

Please man, been playing 20 years and every one of those guys could hit in D class, may not be able to play a bit of defense but those guys are not lowly rec players. E/rec players aren't going up there swinging for the fence like almost every guy in that video and actually connecting on more than half of them shown. Some of there swings may not be pretty but they could all hit decent and the guy in the bright orange shoes has some bat speed.

TRaj2327

Tough crowd tonight. These guys don't swing anything like the D players I play with/against and I'm sure huff pieced together their best hacks. Nobody wants to see dribblers to short.

The kid in the bright orange shoes by far had the best swing and the guy with the neon yellow shoes also is a better player.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Tough crowd tonight. These guys don't swing anything like the D players I play with/against and I'm sure huff pieced together their best hacks. Nobody wants to see dribblers to short.

The kid in the bright orange shoes by far had the best swing and the guy with the neon yellow shoes also is a better player.
I understand where you are coming from and I agree with the assessment of those two but I was expecting to see some guys like Joker swinging I suppose:) that video of his was true Rec.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
lol ya the big fella in the neon shoes is corey. he's a beast no doubt. the kid in the orange shoes, I just found him out in the hills lol…these dudes are great dudes, don't get me wrong, but with the exception of big corey, i know all these guys from coed/rec/E ball. no offense to anybody, but that's the truth. I coulda found some really terrible guys to swing it if i wanted, but that wouldn't be any fun to watch. LOL and of course I edited in their best swings…IT's A DEMO VIDEO!!! nonetheless, these videos are 90% for entertainment. if you can gather a little info out of that last 10%, then that's awesome and totally makes me happy. I do these things for fun though so if you don't' enjoy it or don't trust what I have to say, that's perfectly acceptable. I hope you can find another Demarini guy that you do trust so you can at least get some good Demarini knowledge.

sorry that was waaaaaayyyy off topic, kinda got sidetracked. long story short- corey= beast. He doesn't count lol

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Please man, been playing 20 years and every one of those guys could hit in D class, may not be able to play a bit of defense but those guys are not lowly rec players. E/rec players aren't going up there swinging for the fence like almost every guy in that video and actually connecting on more than half of them shown. Some of there swings may not be pretty but they could all hit decent and the guy in the bright orange shoes has some bat speed.
I would have to agree here.. e/rec guys around just don't hit that hard. Ijs!
As stated above some of these guys don't have the very best of swing but they can obviously handle their own. Definately D, ( a couple) above players imo.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
I personally play D. With the exception of Corey, all these guy in the vid play E/Rec. Maybe its a regional thing, but this is how our talent pool is spread out in my area.

TRaj2327

Your guys e/rec must be REALLY REALLY bad. Lol. They are certainly not better than our E based on their swings except for the few I mentioned.

Bottom line, he posted a vid of other people swinging it that don't hit the bal as well as him. I'd consider the intended task complete.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
size and bat speed dont make guys a D hitter. being able to hit against good defense/pitchers/with HR limits makes a good hitter. most dudes with composite sticks can hit the ball hard.

put a 5 man dfense out there and say if you hit a HR you are out and see what they can do

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
I would agree with Huff that its what you have in players around you. We have been to many tournaments where alot of people have said our E players would be D or higher in their state or location of playing. One thing is right Corey is a beast!!

M

MJL 00

I would agree with Huff that its what you have in players around you. We have been to many tournaments where alot of people have said our E players would be D or higher in their state or location of playing. One thing is right Corey is a beast!!

ssssshhhhhh under the radar :haha: