Some Regular Dudes Hitting The INSAN3

TRaj2327

Well I can tell you one thing that anyone over 40 will agree with. That E is the new C/D. But thats not new. It's been spiraling out of control for over 15 years. But thats a whole separate "sandbagging" conversation for another thread. Playing up used to be desired and honorable. Now its all about playing down, getting a T-shirt, and feeling good because you beat the **** out of some other teams who have no lower division to play in... because the lowest division is still full of talent.

But the INSAN3 looks good :rockon:

I'll give you that. The playing down has gotten ridiculous, but the biggest problem with playing down is playing down. It forces everyone to do it because they don't want to get their ass handed to them and go 0-2 every tourney. There are still a percentage of people that would love to move up but the other sad truth is that the competition to get to the higher levels is possibly higher than it has ever been because teams are diminishing at every level.

Regardless, my analysis stands.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
I'll give you that. The playing down has gotten ridiculous, but the biggest problem with playing down is playing down. It forces everyone to do it because they don't want to get their ass handed to them and go 0-2 every tourney. There are still a percentage of people that would love to move up but the other sad truth is that the competition to get to the higher levels is possibly higher than it has ever been because teams are diminishing at every level.

Regardless, my analysis stands.

Theres very few teams with legitimate money these days, at least in northern california. combine that with the attitude that most teams want to sand bag, it creates a whole area full of "e" teams. Unfortunately it takes firm tournament directors to force teams to play up. but in my area there are several teams that could hang in C, but still play E around here simply because there wouldn't be enough teams to even fill a D division.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i have only ever heard of 1 "C" tourney on socal...the "D" never fills up.

a certain so cal team that is an upper level E team dumped/cut its guys whom got rated "D" and now plays "E" again....happens every year

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
i have only ever heard of 1 "C" tourney on socal...the "D" never fills up.

a certain so cal team that is an upper level E team dumped/cut its guys whom got rated "D" and now plays "E" again....happens every year

There was a C tourney this past weekend in Perris BLD - Demarini civil war usssa ... And there will be another one Utrip opener feb 7th. There are plenty of C tourneys in socal.

Cali_4sb

Coach
I wish the guys I played with would play Ds. Kinda why I'm not going to be playing with them this season. And they s*** the bed a lot after a long game break.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
There was a C tourney this past weekend in Perris BLD - Demarini civil war usssa ... And there will be another one Utrip opener feb 7th. There are plenty of C tourneys in socal.

right up the 215 from me...drove past on sat. seems few and far between compared to amount of "E" tourneys. harder for teams that dont travel. logistics of driving all over socal on a weekend keeps teams playing down/local

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol I watched Corey just rain bombs on the 2013 Maddness tournament. **** was nuts. Going over into the freeway kinda hits.

This is nice to see some good ol regular folks who I'd probably be playing E/Rec against at Mather, or EG somewhere. These are definitely E players, with maybe 1 or 2 that could possibly play D, but toward the bottom of the line-up.