576 foot shot at Liberty. Including light buster :)

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys I thought some of you might enjoy these videos. I honestly wasn't planning on doing another distance video but I had to do this last one for my sis who underwent surgery 6 days ago to remove a brain tumor. The is the second time she's had to. So I did this video for her with spacecoast daily. Conditions were perfect to hit in! 17 mph going right out to left and 73 degrees. I was using a mixture of higher compression balls. Evils, Dudleys, Apex etc. I also was using my L1, SCX23 and Blackout with A TON of hits on both. I honestly think the light breaking shot at the beginning was hit every bit as hard as the 576. My goal was actually to crack 600 on this day but I guess I gotta hit the gym harder. Anyways enjoy :thumb:

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2015/12/video-todd-erickson-hits-record-breaking-home-run-at-576-feet/

And below is a video clip of the distance challenge between me and Jose. I'm sure some of you remember Jose challenging me on his Twitter months back. Well he finally came to FL for a tournament and called me to do the competition at The Villages near Ocala. My longest that day was 525 and Jose had a longest of 476. He and Ozzie are really cool guys! Seem down to earth and fun to be around.

[ame]http://youtu.be/XuEscMDyE0g[/ame]

Last edited:

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome man.... Congrats!

Thanks man:thumb: Any talks or videos of distance regarding me will be in games from now on :thumb:

Plus I'm burnt out on Liberty park! Lol That skating rink scraps up softballs.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I notice alot of people hitting bombs(softball) lose their footing. You really keep planted and keep it short it seems like.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
I notice alot of people hitting bombs(softball) lose their footing. You really keep planted and keep it short it seems like.

Yeah that from foot of mine kinda comes down like an anchor. I'm getting the hands out and extended a little better too. Made a pretty good difference. Gonna work on hitting holes and my oppo hitting in the coming months. Gotta let my lower back heal now though... That's what I get for basically swinging out of my shoes going for 600.

600, for me, will now have to be reached in a game. Would much rather reach something like that in a tourney or something.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Its like the difference between trout and pujols homeruns..
[ame]https://youtu.be/6BMDp_v8mfw[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/SGBfXWa2SPQ[/ame]
What made you fo with the shorter swing? You think a swing more like pujols would result in what you been doing.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Its like the difference between trout and pujols homeruns..
https://youtu.be/6BMDp_v8mfw
https://youtu.be/SGBfXWa2SPQ
What made you fo with the shorter swing? You think a swing more like pujols would result in what you been doing.

Ha! I WISH I had a swing like those guys! :D But with staying a little shorter and more controlled, I hit the ball better. Can place it better too. Jose and his brother said my hand speed has made up for the technical flaws that I had. I still have them, but I'm correcting them pretty quickly and not 'tucking' with my hands but throwing them out there. Staying loose and relaxed all through the swing helps.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
"crack...SMASH!"

first instinct is to run like hell when something breaks like that. kudos for sticking around lol

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
"crack...SMASH!"

first instinct is to run like hell when something breaks like that. kudos for sticking around lol

Haha! I swear man I ALMOST walked out of the box to pack my stuff up. But then I was like "Meh... Bill me."

It's also funny how long it takes for the sound to travel to the camera outside the other end of the rink. Lol I'm not gonna say the ball was still going up... But it had ALOT of steam left. Lol:D I don't think I can hit one harder than that

Ballisttic

Star Player

For a tall guy todd does have a very compact swing and great balance. I am not tall (5'10") and have a long swing and cant keep my front foot planted. After i swing i end up on my back leg.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
For a tall guy todd does have a very compact swing and great balance. I am not tall (5'10") and have a long swing and cant keep my front foot planted. After i swing i end up on my back leg.

I would think more hip rotation would kinda force you to bring the weight off the back foot. I don't know, everybody is different. Certain things work for some but not others. What ever generates that bat whip and consistency is the bottom line.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
same here.....

I'd try focusing on bringing the hips around. Drive off that back foot and explode with your hips. I would think it would be hard to keep weight on the back foot while doing this. Just my 2 cents. I'm not a batting coach

Ballisttic

Star Player
I'd try focusing on bringing the hips around. Drive off that back foot and explode with your hips. I would think it would be hard to keep weight on the back foot while doing this. Just my 2 cents. I'm not a batting coach

Well my back leg comes off the ground during the stride and moves a foot foward. I think i lean my body to far back after my swing finishes or dont keep enough weight over my front leg. A lot of people tend to pull there front leg around while they finish there swing.

todd498

Addicted to Softballfans
Well my back leg comes off the ground during the stride and moves a foot foward. I think i lean my body to far back after my swing finishes or dont keep enough weight over my front leg. A lot of people tend to pull there front leg around while they finish there swing.

Lol yeah the pull the front leg around then do a few hops while only on the back foot while letting out an "OOOOOP!!" Lol :D If chicks dig the long ball I'm certain this drives em crazy!

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan

Simple but makes sense, I actually might be hitting tomorrow.... Mid December in Illinois and in the 50s!

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
You guys ever see/ remember the videos of Todd Graham* swing mechanics? That dude was like 5 foot but hit the crap out of the ball.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Nice, We stayed in Kissimmee for a week the last 2 years. I like Flordia..... Couldn't imagine nice weather all year long.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Nice, We stayed in Kissimmee for a week the last 2 years. I like Flordia..... Couldn't imagine nice weather all year long.

I would not call it nice all year long here unless you like 6 months of max humidity and 90+ degree weather.