For Sale So a Wilson SBF Custom Will Be Much Tougher

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
If they do make a new 12.5" pattern with a 4.5" wide web, they'd be foolish not to try it on the market.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Possibility it would stay in the Wilson line so he is throwing around SP125.

Honestly... I really don't care what it's called, but! If it is a custom model specific to Sbf's it really makes it more special and "collectable". If it's a model that they end up just putting to the main market, it then just becomes another glove. Still a great glove, but not unique anymore.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
You have time to save up....I imagine we are a solid 3-4 months out. In addition I would need substantial pre-orders with a no cancellation clause to pull this off. Wilson is no joke on their minimum quantity order!!

CapnBooBox

Addicted to Softballfans
You have time to save up....I imagine we are a solid 3-4 months out. In addition I would need substantial pre-orders with a no cancellation clause to pull this off. Wilson is no joke on their minimum quantity order!!

Chad, have any estimate for price and when you can start taking preorders? I should be in for two.

DatDuke

Why are we making this look so much like the pro issue or custom? Should we put more thoughts into this to make it unique? so when people see it from afar, they will recognize this is one serious glove? Look at why H2R, MC, or even Casper commands such high premium. This is an A2000 folks, not a Horween HoH. I would say $250 max. I do like the 12.5 size, but when opportunity comes knocking, we should take advantage of it.

Unless we are talking about 1791 with the MC split. or essentially a bigger datdude with traditional OT. then I am in as long as staying within the $250 price point. - DatDuke. Look at the Rawlings Goldy or Lucky Gloves if you are looking to flip.

One last thing.. Heel Pad Thickness? or we want Palm Pad or no?

Last edited:
SBF-SP125 and if it makes the retail line up then make the custom of your choice. and they should offer the other softball gloves in traditional colors.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
All orange tan with split welting will pop. With all the clown gloves Wilson is putting out, this will stick out like Scarlett Johansson in a Jenny Craig Drop Out convention. Anyone that looks at Ralph's custom SP135 will know what I'm talking about. I'm not a fan of the SP135 design but I would jump on that custom if Ralph ever decided to sell.

The PI talk is about the feel of the glove, which is the most important feature of any glove. The 4 hole versus 5 hole makes a huge difference. That alone would have saved the retail 1781 and GOTM TF21. Making the fingerstall tight like the PI would also have done the trick.

A true measuring 12.5" PI-feeling split-welt OT H-web A2000 is pretty unique for a retail release IMO.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Why are we making this look so much like the pro issue or custom? Should we put more thoughts into this to make it unique? so when people see it from afar, they will recognize this is one serious glove? Look at why H2R, MC, or even Casper commands such high premium. This is an A2000 folks, not a Horween HoH. I would say $250 max. I do like the 12.5 size, but when opportunity comes knocking, we should take advantage of it.

Unless we are talking about 1791 with the MC split. or essentially a bigger datdude with traditional OT. then I am in as long as staying within the $250 price point. - DatDuke. Look at the Rawlings Goldy or Lucky Gloves if you are looking to flip.

One last thing.. Heel Pad Thickness? or we want Palm Pad or no?

I'm not sure what it is your saying here? You want a flashy glove because other flashy gloves still sell for a high premium, but then finish it saying if you want a glove to flip to buy a different model?

Guessing from the input on this thread, most of us want a nondescript glove without the clown colors, last thing I'm thinking about when it comes to a glove is how someone will judge it from afar. What makes this so great is able to get a classic looking glove and not paying the premium of a custom. Don't think Wilson does a palm pad, could be wrong but I would hope we wouldn't bother as that would be a deal killer for me.

DatDuke

I am not saying flashy color is the way to go. But I am saying is, be a little more creative with the design. Make it different compare to most of the retail gloves on the market (aesthetically). personally, I am not a fan of the palm pad, but it should be a consideration if its an option. I buy gloves to use, and not for resale, I am just looking into other valuables to make the glove more desirable base on the current marketing trend. i.e to make it stands out.. and not just any run off the mill baseball gloves. I just ordered 2 leather head gloves for my son, and by far they are the most traditional looking gloves on the market, I purchased them not because of their look, but be honest, Wilson do not offer many different options based on functionality advantages vs just aesthetic appeal. -datduke.

Last edited:

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
There will be no palm pad and pretty sure they do not offer. This thing is done....sample is being made now. Will see how it looks and how the new web feels as well. Time will tell if what we created will be desirable or not. If not then heck it does not get ordered!!

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
The most popular glove model for the past 4-5 years is the dp-15. So the idea that only flashy sells is bs. The unique part of this glove is the pattern and web.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Also I agree with the comment on the tf-21 and the finger stalls. The other thing is the red logos are the reason I passed on it. I think if they had traditional yellow logos people would be fighting over them like crazy.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I was on the fence about the red logos on the saddle tan, but I think it's going to age into a nice maroon as the rest of the glove darkens up with use.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Also I agree with the comment on the tf-21 and the finger stalls. The other thing is the red logos are the reason I passed on it. I think if they had traditional yellow logos people would be fighting over them like crazy.

Pretty much the reason I sold mine. Huge hand stall & finger stalls. Same with my 1781.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I got dibs on the sample

doubt its going anywhere. but your a page late!!!

Had more than a few requests on the sample:)

Sounds like a great prize for a monthly give-away!

No give away. We draw blood for this.

yDuoryW.gif

highlander_there_can_be_only_one_quote.jpg