For Sale So a Wilson SBF Custom Will Be Much Tougher

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
The minimum order amount is double that of Rawlings. Will listen to any suggestions here and ask Wilson anything you guys want me to. This one may be a tough sell but fire away.

What would you guys want to see and what would sell very well....

RalphG427

On the bench
1781 or 1799 are going to draw the most interest. At this point it's a matter or IF vs OF. Either in Orange-tan would be awesome with standard logos and tan laces, much like how a pro issue would come. If you could convince them on the split selling vs the rolled that would prob draw more interest too. Maybe the 1781 would appease more since you're already doing the 13" Rawlings

BaseballFan2010

Addicted to Softballfans
1781 or 1799 are going to draw the most interest. At this point it's a matter or IF vs OF. Either in Orange-tan would be awesome with standard logos and tan laces, much like how a pro issue would come. If you could convince them on the split selling vs the rolled that would prob draw more interest too. Maybe the 1781 would appease more since you're already doing the 13" Rawlings

Maybe a 1781 with a single post like the miggy gotm? Keep it traditional colors(like the tf21). I think that would be popular, too.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
its going to be hard for guys to all agree on a color. maybe you should come up with a few color schemes that you come up with and then see how many people would be interested or vote on the best option. that way people get a visual. might be easier that way than having a hundred guys giving you a million different color ideas lol

Wonder if they would let you split the quantity between 2 models since it's double Rawlings, like 1781 & 1799? If you could get a TF21 I'd buy one

jethrodub

Coach
Im in for the Orange Tan 1781 with split welting. I agree that going for an IF pattern might be nice after doing the Rawlings in a 13".

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems like there is a preference for the 4 loop heel pattern over the stock 1781 with the 5 loop heel. I am not sure the patterns are even different, just the holes.

From the Wilsons I have looked at/worked on the orange tan is the best leather they have. Blonde and black are second, but IMO, the red, blue, and grey leathers are steps down... have not checked out the other colors.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Wilson director of baseball is stopping by on Tuesday. Wonder if I can get anywhere with a sit down and if he actually has any pull with the ball glove side?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
GID2M4LLS15-side_zpsuj90ysya.png

GID2M4LLS15-front_zpsxscjmeli.png

GID2M4LLS15-back_zps9nqdqnz3.png

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
That's an EL3... 11.75"

That would be a tough sell IMO

When I get my custom 13.5" A2000 from Wilson I'll try to do a thorough review on it. Maybe this would generate interest as far as a SBF exclusive.

Wilson's glove customizer doesn't have a 12.25" single post so I used an EL3 model.

CapnBooBox

Addicted to Softballfans
That doesn't look bad. Not a fan of the black lacing, though. Always thought Orange Tan looked best with OT or regular tan laces.