the Carolinas

ogsoftballplaye

I haven't played basketball in forever. Last time I played was church league and we were getting slaughtered by like 20 with 2 mins left. I got a steal had a fast break all alone and lil 16 yo high schooler under cut me on my lay up and I landed on my head/neck. Got highly upset because it was totally unnecessary haha. Especially since I had work the next day and he had school lol. My 2 guard took him out during the tourney though.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah some of the dudes go entirely too hard out there...much like rec softball but its fun after about 3 weeks when you can actually worry about doing something on the court rather than just putting forth all your effort to not passing out from all the running

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Stretch start u a team call them reloaded part II.. I will start and an evercast/all over towing. I just remembered that tae was yells pitcher back in the day if I'm correct. Sure do miss them days

Stretch19

Grow up
haha good ole reloaded...yeah man, Tae was our pitcher for a few years with APE and ADM Trucking; we had some pretty decent teams but a lot of damn fun; if i still had as much fun playing now as i did then, id still be doing it; just not the same though

brl67rs

Addicted to Softballfans
haha good ole reloaded...yeah man, Tae was our pitcher for a few years with APE and ADM Trucking; we had some pretty decent teams but a lot of damn fun; if i still had as much fun playing now as i did then, id still be doing it; just not the same though

Played against yal several times back in the day. Very good team with a lot of talent

Stretch19

Grow up
thanks man, who'd you play with?

we had a good group of guys, didnt take things too seriously and always enjoyed ourselves...never the best team around, but felt like we could compete with just about anyone most of the time

Stretch19

Grow up
nice...yeah i remember having a good one with yall in raleigh one year...not sure if we were ADM Trucking then or Outkast...yall got us in the bottom of the last inning if im not mistaken

i always enjoyed playing yall, another team that always had a good time playing...love hearing that Rob Co dialect as well, never gets old

BigPhatJam

Star Player
After see all the chatter and hearing all the smack talk and seeing the posts about the tournaments. I can't wait to get down there for the 2017 season, it's going to be fun hopefully I can have some fun and win some championships.

C
"Fielding the Middle is fun"

jrxp

Pull side Judy
I knew y'all were missing at least 2. We got to play y'all in the elimination game. We ( wheeler supply) beat tcb, y'all and rookies reloaded and struggled against the easier teams lol

mihklo

We had a handful from our regular team out there. Missing at least 6-8 of our normals lol. Couple guys just wanted to get some swings in so they threw something together

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Yea I know who most of them r. Was told they couldn't bring Rossi to play bronze but other than that they just didn't hit the ball.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Time to get this thread going again. I have a few topics to talk about.

1) Chattanooga Choo Choo tournament this past weekend
a. Bat compression testing
b. middle hitting
2) The Peach State Tournament in Atl this coming weekend

Because Im going to cover a couple of topics I'm going to break them up into several post over a few hours.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
the Choo Choo

First off let me say I had a great time and wouldn't have traded the experience for anything. I think everyone should go play in or watch a conference tournament at some point. It is an awesome sight to see them playing at that level. The Classic M that they were using was one of the hardest balls I have ever hit. I dont know if it was the temperature, or the balls were simply mis-stamped. I personally felt they were comparable to 44-575 that we hit in one pitches. The bat testing was very well executed. The collection of the bats, the storage of the bats, the transportation of the bats was like clock work. Bat testing in and of itself is not a perfect system (more on that later). Resmondo won the tournament going undefeated. We had 5 teams with Carolina ties represented at the Choo Choo.

CRO (0-2)
Worshems (0-2)
The Honey Badgers (1-2)
Bad Draw (2-2)
TM Sports (2-2)

We CRO (Crossfire) got our brains beat in by the Scene (39-18) and Semper (37-14). Both games only went 4 innings. I thought we hit pretty well against Major pitching and fielding. On defense we had no chance to stop them from doing anything they wanted to do. We only got them out on pop ups, even mis-hits on the infield were hits. Because of their hustle, and our playing so deep. Side note Jason Branch is a monster.

Worshems opened with Backman... the #1 team in the country. In one of the more surprising games of the weekend they took Backman 7 innings and only lost by 8. Here is a link to the game video, it starts at 1_23_45
http://media.usssa.com/video/slowpi...eam-adiktiv-energy-system-worth-may-20-2016-1

thats all for now lunch break is over. lol

ogsoftballplaye

What were the weather conditions? I believe yall hit the same balls that they use at in worlds in FL in Sept. that everyone cries about rofl.

ogsoftballplaye

That's a difference there for sure. Cause I know the fall league we used to have here the Classic Ms flew in the cooler weather. 90 to 100 degree days not so well but cool nights man oh man I'd hit them just as much as I'd hit a 44/400.

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Got to watch a few innings of y'all play before our game Saturday. And y'all got the best catcher in conference

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
lets see here... picking up with the Honey Badgers. They were the only non Conference Carolina team with a win. HB also drew a very tough first round in the form of TG/Reds Astros (Link below). They played well scoring 24 but were unable to slow down TG who scored 39.

http://media.usssa.com/video/slowpi...sic-conference-nit-tg-reds-astros-headlines-k

The win came in the losers bracket against Conference B team Stl/Mizuno/Sportsmanshop. The game was Saturday morning and HB jumped out to a good lead, and held Stl to just 15. The final was 32-15

HBs final game was agains Nightmare/Miken. It was ugly, Nightmare was patient at the plate and hit 5 grand slams in the first 2 innings. They also hit the middle hard (theme of the weekend), and hit Kenneth Cane in the thigh. There are pics on FB it is an impressive mark. It was also impressive that Cane stayed on his feet, and in the game. The final was 39-9

all for now