the Carolinas

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Time to start a new thread here are the last 2 post from the last thread. Please continue.

link to the old thread
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1296164&page=100

Im not going to say every D team can. However if the top 5-7 teams move up to C. it will give the teams like the ducks a chance in D.

lets see who everyone thinks should/could move up.

in no order I'm going to start with Crossfire
L&L
Williams Transport
Party Time
Synergy
FMF (NC team, we see from time to time)
Nasty Boys

thats off the top of my head and I'm probably missing someone obvious.

how would a bracket look with the teams i mentioned vs the Gold teams? Im excited just thinking about it.

also we need to start a new thread this one will lock before long.

Someone needs an award for this.....I always thought entry teams should play and have to make a case after 2-3 weeks to be able to play rec. But I'm also not at risk to lose $

Agreed, the C teams need a little more money and guys who can typically travel more to play a better schedule but there shouldnt be much difference in theory.

Country35

Banned User
teams change names too much for me to keep track of anymore, its been damn near 3 years since I played sc teams regularly

JRod21

Star Player
Im excited about the Freedom Worlds coming up in October at Dirty Myrtle. It reminds me of the Pic-O-Dixie, you play teams from out of state, teams you have never played before. It gets boring playing the same 8-10 teams every tourney.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
BDE could easily compete in the C class...a few more that came to me are Debo Sports and Southern Surge.

yes BDE for sure. Debo is hard to nail down... they have played from E - C and never bring the same people. I dont know that much about Southern Surge.

Country35

Banned User
I always wanted to attend those but Oct is bow season and hunting trumps everything in my redneck world

snoww01

The Veteran
Utrip is a lot bigger in NC over SC too I think ...all the gold teams in NC NSA play Utrip C ...where in SC most of the gold teams I know will be at the Utrip D worlds

JRod21

Star Player
I always wanted to attend those but Oct is bow season and hunting trumps everything in my redneck world

I know how ya feel...that will probably be my last tourney for a bit. Coon and deer season will be in full swing. If you get to make the trip down ill buy you a beer.

JRod21

Star Player
ASA is dead in SC the director is trying bring it back but hes a joke for a director. I think hes had like 2 or 3 tourneys make.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA is dead in SC the director is trying bring it back but hes a joke for a director. I think hes had like 2 or 3 tourneys make.

the ASA director is a friend so I'm a little touchy about that. There was no ASA in SC before Andy became the director and he has tried to have tournaments. At my request he has offered an open devision with unlimited HRs. No body wants to play that... and i dont understand why. That is what the friday night 1 pitches are and people love those.

JRod21

Star Player
the ASA director is a friend so I'm a little touchy about that. There was no ASA in SC before Andy became the director and he has tried to have tournaments. At my request he has offered an open devision with unlimited HRs. No body wants to play that... and i dont understand why. That is what the friday night 1 pitches are and people love those.

Sorry didnt mean to offend anybody, I guess Im just bitter in the one and only ASA tourney I played. When the umpire throws somebody out of the game, you would think he is ejected and cant play anymore. Well that person went to the ASA director and discussed it with him, and the next thing you know that person that got thrown out is back on the field playing. Ive never seen that happen in any other association.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry didnt mean to offend anybody, I guess Im just bitter in the one and only ASA tourney I played. When the umpire throws somebody out of the game, you would think he is ejected and cant play anymore. Well that person went to the ASA director and discussed it with him, and the next thing you know that person that got thrown out is back on the field playing. Ive never seen that happen in any other association.

Your fine I'm not offended. I just want to stand up for a friend if I can. I understand where you were coming from.

I don't know what happened in the tournament where the guy was ejected. So I can't speak on that.

ASA is down right now. I only hope that it is moving in the right direction.

Country35

Banned User
ASA used to be a pain in the ass to play with different bats and such. Still kinda is. But with the new bats and their rules and the way they do worlds and player classifications I want them to succeed.

ASA and freedom I root for

Utrip and ISA I dont care for.

NSA is non existent here, again, and I've not had great experiences in the past with a few directors.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like i killed the conversation.

lets talk about the C/Gold/Upper/Idontcarewhatyoucallit devision.

Crossfire
L&L
Williams Transport
Party Time
Synergy
FMF
Nasty Boys
BDE
Debo
Southern Surge
Honey Badgers
Worsham/Klutch
Mt. Top
Code Eck/B&B
MoCrunch
Rivals United
ASP/VL concrete
Do Work
Kwik Kuts

that just looks like an awesome tournament.

Rcw2292

Star Player
That would be an awesome tournament, I think what hurts SC Utrip/NSA the most is there are 4-5 really good C/Gold teams who play around here and those are in my opinion: Honey Badgers,Worsham/Klutch, Mt. Top, and Code Eck. Then it drops off a little to your teams like MoCrunch, Rivals United, ASP/VL concrete, Do Work, Kwik Kut, FMF, and BDE, these are still C/Gold teams in my opinion just maybe not as tough as the other 4 but could compete week in and week out with that competition. Then I think you see the true Upper D/ Silver teams in Crossfire, L&L, Williams Transport, Party Time, Nasty Boys, Synergy, Surge and Debo. They could all compete with the Gold team but will probably take more losses than wins. But that in my opinion is why you play softball its to get better and play the best week in and week out. I'm sure I lef t a few teams out of these lists but just ones that come to mind no slight to any team intended

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
That would be an awesome tournament, I think what hurts SC Utrip/NSA the most is there are 4-5 really good C/Gold teams who play around here and those are in my opinion: Honey Badgers,Worsham/Klutch, Mt. Top, and Code Eck. Then it drops off a little to your teams like MoCrunch, Rivals United, ASP/VL concrete, Do Work, Kwik Kut, FMF, and BDE, these are still C/Gold teams in my opinion just maybe not as tough as the other 4 but could compete week in and week out with that competition. Then I think you see the true Upper D/ Silver teams in Crossfire, L&L, Williams Transport, Party Time, Nasty Boys, Synergy, Surge and Debo. They could all compete with the Gold team but will probably take more losses than wins. But that in my opinion is why you play softball its to get better and play the best week in and week out. I'm sure I lef t a few teams out of these lists but just ones that come to mind no slight to any team intended

I agree.

where is the like button on this site?

JRod21

Star Player
Im in favor of putting this tourney on at the Boiling Springs complex :):):) and use 295 if need be since they redone that complex. lol

Rcw2292

Star Player
Well JRod we know if L&L and WT met in that one we would both need at least 10 homeruns after out battle of who can hit the most for outs and still win in York that day!

JRod21

Star Player
Well JRod we know if L&L and WT met in that one we would both need at least 10 homeruns after out battle of who can hit the most for outs and still win in York that day!

We wud definitely have to bump up the HR's! I know we hit a lot that day. We did the samething in ISA states against Partytime I bet we hit 5 or 6 homeruns for outs lol.

I dont know. I thought they might be Sal8/SFI but it doesn't look like they have the same roster.

RDU is still playing under RDU. Different group from Sal8/SFI. Both were in attendance to the Beast in Richmond and the WSL Regional in Ashland a few weeks back.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
RDU is still playing under RDU. Different group from Sal8/SFI. Both were in attendance to the Beast in Richmond and the WSL Regional in Ashland a few weeks back.

I have had the chance to see Sal8/SFI at the Smokey and for just a bit at the WSL regional that we came up to, but I dont know any of those guys. I have not had the opportunity to see the RDU guys at all that I know of.