Rain, Rain Go Away

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
well, it's no consolation that i'm as productive at jokes today that I am at work.

i'll defer to tucker and perry for all inappropriate humor from here on out

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
One of our guys took a nasty hot dot hop off the throat last night. I told him of the swelling got bad and it started to close up, I would shove something down there to open it back up

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only if he had a glove on. Did you call him bootsy after?

I'd seriously rather play UTrip than GSL.

We have to play WSL this weekend if they want to go to Panama, and we couldn't get enough players to play last weekend. I think they didn't sell it right to our coaches, and I don't understand it at all. I like WSL though. I'd like to play ASA just for ****s and giggles, or NSA too.

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
Asa was fun, we played a league in Rome GA that was ASA with stealing. We do better in utrip than gsl because we hit too many home runs with the gsl balls.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asa was fun, we played a league in Rome GA that was ASA with stealing. We do better in utrip than gsl because we hit too many home runs with the gsl balls.

Everybody does when it's below 70. That ball is dumb.

I think gsl is usssa's experimental branch.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Serious. Going to chatt, all this talk about committees etc. I figured it'd be pretty far-fetched that WSL was big enough to have that many paid full-time jobs, but what do I know about running an association?

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Haha as far as I know there are only 2 people whose "jobs" are WSL and that's Nathan Kendrick and His wife. She does a lot of secretary type stuff..I think. Bill is the VP and does a LOT for WSL but is still employed by Kenton Lakes as his main "job"

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I get paid by WSL to umpire and I'll get a very small amount of money at the end of the season for every umpire who sanctioned in Ohio and Kentucky because I'm the State UIC, I think it's $1 per umpire, so not much. But, they take care of me on things and I get to work these big events. And..as crazy as it sounds..I really enjoy umpiring. The Pic in Chattanooga this weekend was a blast. Lots of great games and very very little drama

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
About like my wife for baseball she's the VP for 4 age group's and she does it for free our kids don't even get league fees for free for what she does, they finally hired a secretary lady for like 35k a year to help. I get annoyed cause my wife does it for free in a pretty damn big league devotes her time (on top of her full time work and teaching college classes) and our kids still cost about 150/200 a season for nothing but something to put on a resume at the most which is something she doesn't really need with a master's degree but she enjoys it so I guess it's whatever.

Even though a association is big until you see the payout/cost per season papers which is really alot (baseball wise) I guess you won't know. Pretty crazy on what it cost to run the stuff and rent practice fields, concessions ect, and umpire fees which is $50/60 dollars a game sometimes more if its a different league. I was looking trough the paperwork the other day and couldn't believe it.

nkysoftballdude

Starting Player
It was nice getting out to watch some of my friends and old teammates play yesterday! Made me miss softball but boy I dont miss the dam waiting game!play @ 8am then dont play again until 12:20 crap is what i dont miss one bit!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It wouldn't be so bad if kl wasn't so far from everything else. I like wsl and the park. Don't understand the longer wait if you lose then no breaks at all after that though.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
What is up with this new double re-entry rule in wsl?

It's always been that way..it's not new.

It's also the same in GSL. I believe NSA has it as well, but not 100% sure.

It's a participation thing. Single entry is dumb and I bet USSSA changes it for next year for everything except Conference.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Here's how it work.

Guy A starts
Guy B subs for Guy A
Guy A re-enters back in the game.
Guy B can then re-enter back in the game in that same spot in the lineup, at which time Guy A is now out of the game.
If Guy B is then subbed for with Guy C, Guy B is then now out of the game.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Here's how it work.

Guy A starts
Guy B subs for Guy A
Guy A re-enters back in the game.
Guy B can then re-enter back in the game in that same spot in the lineup, at which time Guy A is now out of the game.
If Guy B is then subbed for with Guy C, Guy B is then now out of the game.

Guy A starts
Guy B subs for Guy A
Guy C subs for Guy B

Can Guy A go back in?

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I shot a legit 53 (OOB, dropping 2, hitting 3..things like that) playing 9 holes yesterday. I was not drunk, but I wish that I was.

I made a 15 footer for par, and had a par on another, but other than that, I was all over the damn place.

rustybumgardner

Addicted to Softballfans
I shot a legit 53 (OOB, dropping 2, hitting 3..things like that) playing 9 holes yesterday. I was not drunk, but I wish that I was.

I made a 15 footer for par, and had a par on another, but other than that, I was all over the damn place.

Holy crap you are terrible.