For Sale Official 12.5" Wilson SBF Exclusive A2000 SP125 Fielding Glove Pre-Sale Thread

DatDuke

Love how Chad dangles the cookie in front of our faces and all the sudden yank it out. I know you tried. Thx.

RustyShakleford

I know Mizuno said no, but something like this from someone else would be sweet.

mX93Uy0.png

jethrodub

Coach
If the MC24 is a no go, does that mean that people would be in for the A2K 1781? I know that it was mentioned earlier that it is a tougher sell because of the price point, but you gotta think that something that rare would sell well. I would be in for a 4 loop A2K 1781 in ST.

RalphG427

On the bench
I don't understand this obsession with a 1781. We just got a 12.5" A2000 with a smaller hand stall. .25" smaller with a different web? Whoop-de-****ing-doo

Exactly. We just got two awesome gloves made that were previously unavailable even if you wanted to order a custom. I would love to see them take the sp135 pattern (I have one and it's awesome) nix the mod trap web and put an h on it and make the ultimate softball outfielders glove out of it. Plain color offering in blonde, tan, black etc

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. We just got two awesome gloves made that were previously unavailable even if you wanted to order a custom. I would love to see them take the sp135 pattern (I have one and it's awesome) nix the mod trap web and put an h on it and make the ultimate softball outfielders glove out of it. Plain color offering in blonde, tan, black etc

SP135 we would need seriously monstrous board support on. The bigger slowpitch specific models just do not sell as much. Get me 72 pre-orders and consider it done.

RalphG427

On the bench
SP135 we would need seriously monstrous board support on. The bigger slowpitch specific models just do not sell as much. Get me 72 pre-orders and consider it done.

I understand that, mostly just making a point that we have been able to get new models made that are better than current offerings so why settle for something that is already available? Only excuse is because someone doesn't want to pay the extra cash for the custom. The A2k 1781 would be the only argument because it's currently only an a2000 offering. I'm going to think up some possible new ideas later on and post them up

RustyShakleford

Honestly that SP135 is ugly as ****. Superskin looks terrible and the color combo is ass. I would have no desire to get a 13.5" glove either.

The Rawlings 13" that was just made with that huge palm just doesn't seem like an OF glove. It looks like a enlarged IF glove.

Make something 12.75" or 13" that has a trap, mod trap, or H-web that is built like real OF glove. I think that would sell. So far we've had the IF A2000, the IF 504, and the DCT 1B mitt. Time for a real OF glove.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
12.75" Is already well represented in existing models (both retail and custom). The demand for 12.25"-12.5" was just recently satisfied. All 13" are negligible because the difference between 12.75" is not as significant as a 12.5". A 13.25" glove would probably be the ideal noticeable size for OF but several glove manufacturers have tried going beyond 13" with no retail success for high-end products (only low end).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with Wilson is the 144 minimum quantity. The problem with Rawlings is their willingness (or lack of) to design and manufacture something beyond their existing models.

When Chad asked about a 13" model, they said they can only do a 13" 1000 even though several of us have seen or have in our possessin other stamped 13" Rawlngs. And now it appears that Rawlngs will offer 3 different 13" models to their custom line (and none of them are the 1000).

DatDuke

Why are we keep chasing the obsolete patterns? Wilson stopped making them for a reason. either they are replaced with some current patterns or they were not success when first released to the public. Can someone educate me with Wilson's philosophy? Sorry not really a Wilson Collector nor a softball player. So most of the forum's desires do not register with me. I could be wrong, may be some of these patterns are only reserved for custom order. If they are so popular, why not make it more accessible for the general public and make them retail?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Why are we keep chasing the obsolete patterns? Wilson stopped making them for a reason. either they are replaced with some current patterns or they were not success when first released to the public. Can someone educate me with Wilson's philosophy? Sorry not really a Wilson Collector nor a softball player. So most of the forum's desires do not register with me. I could be wrong, may be some of these patterns are only reserved for custom order. If they are so popular, why not make it more accessible for the general public and make them retail?
Regarding the 1781, Wilson screwed up the handstall and fingerstalls on the retail line. The PI fits and plays better and they modified the design for the retail. Same case for the RGGC TF21. I love the TF21 but I wear XL gloves. People had to make a modification to make it work right. Then factor in the spending habits of softball players and kids (with their parents credit cards) that have too small of hands.

Wilson currently won't offer the MC24 or the Altuve web which are not obsolete (and would have a high demand outside of SBF).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I understand that, mostly just making a point that we have been able to get new models made that are better than current offerings so why settle for something that is already available? Only excuse is because someone doesn't want to pay the extra cash for the custom. The A2k 1781 would be the only argument because it's currently only an a2000 offering. I'm going to think up some possible new ideas later on and post them up
I'm all for whatever Chad goes with next (even if it's a 15") but you can't build a snug 4 loop A2000 1781 either.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Regarding the 1781, Wilson screwed up the handstall and fingerstalls on the retail line. The PI fits and plays better and they modified the design for the retail. Same case for the RGGC TF21. I love the TF21 but I wear XL gloves. People had to make a modification to make it work right. Then factor in the spending habits of softball players and kids (with their parents credit cards) that have too small of hands.

Wilson currently won't offer the MC24 or the Altuve web which are not obsolete (and would have a high demand outside of SBF).

On that note about the TF21...this SP125 is everything that I hoped the TF21 was going to be. I may have posted that already but I feel that strongly about the hate for the TF21 and the love for this glove. Can't wait for the next one.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I just finally got my sp125. anyone ASO'ing theirs? If so just wondering on turn out.

No, but it seems like the toughest part is the OT lining, there is a real stiff spot inside around the tip of the ring finger on mine.