Monsta Bat issues

Jerrshoe

I'm in the market for a new ASA bat and some of the guys on my team swing Monsta and love it. It seems like this forum, as well as other outlets spend a lot of time bitching about them though. Seems like some are gripes about the bats themselves, but most are about customer service issues or problems with the owner of the company. Either way...not a great reputation for a new company.

Can someone give me the quick version of why people hate them.

Also, I've not been on here much longer than a week, but I've noticed there are a couple of keyboard warrior tools that think it's a badge of honor to beat down every question asked by new members. Sorry, correction, "noob" members. Like we're a bunch of 12 year olds playing Call of Duty. I'm a big fan of the forum during my short time here, but perhaps the ****ty treatment by a select few members is why there are only a handful of new posts every day. Just a thought.

I searched for a link to this and didn't come up with anything. Either an answer or a hyperlink to the answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Six-

Weiner
the owner is a **** nozzle. he had a presence here for a while, he gone now. he wanted sbf to sell his ****ty bats, but they had to buy at full retail and sell for that same price lol.

he came here made a complete ass clown of himself, he bant.

plus you hear of all nightmare stories with people trying to get returns from him.

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
The owner came onto SBF and got all puffed up and came at people who questioned him and his "expertise". It also didn't help that their first few bats released were just kind of meh. The DNA is where they started actually making some noise in softball. It was hot and very rarely failed compression which at the time was a problem with some of the Demarini bats.

I've had good luck with their products and the only time I had to deal with their customer service I had no issues. I sent my bat in for a handle rattle and they repaired it and got it back to me in a few days (I'm in SoCal so that shipping time was short but it was in and out in 48 hours).

My two suggestions are don't pre-order, wait until the bats are in the store and find a rep who will let you try it before you buy it.

Most of their new reps have been pretty good dudes. I had a rep run over and warn me that it was a little to cold to swing my DNA with the ball they were using on the particular field I was on (one field uses 52/300s and the other uses 40/275 because of the dimensions of the two fields). He even came back with some other bats to try if I wanted.

I was not planning on giving them a shot because of all the drama on here but I'm glad I did. Nothing hurt in looking for a rep and trying out the different bats and seeing what works for you.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
This was one of the times that all the guys that have been on here for a while are fully justified in hating. It was all first hand experience with the character of the owner. He made the bad name for himself

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Buddy of mine got one of their first bats and there were shenanigans getting the bat which was somewhat understandable since it was a new company. Once he actually got it and we hit it, we realized the bat was just a loud turd even though some were going crazy about it. After that it seemed like the owner's shenanigans never stopped from the people I knew who dealt with them. To top it off, I've never seen a review that didn't sound like a rep over the top hyping the latest most amazing never before seen bat revision.

I won't be taking a risk on them with all the other great options out there.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I'm in the market for a new ASA bat and some of the guys on my team swing Monsta and love it. It seems like this forum, as well as other outlets spend a lot of time *****ing about them though. Seems like some are gripes about the bats themselves, but most are about customer service issues or problems with the owner of the company. Either way...not a great reputation for a new company.

Can someone give me the quick version of why people hate them.

Also, I've not been on here much longer than a week, but I've noticed there are a couple of keyboard warrior tools that think it's a badge of honor to beat down every question asked by new members. Sorry, correction, "noob" members. Like we're a bunch of 12 year olds playing Call of Duty. I'm a big fan of the forum during my short time here, but perhaps the ****ty treatment by a select few members is why there are only a handful of new posts every day. Just a thought.

I searched for a link to this and didn't come up with anything. Either an answer or a hyperlink to the answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dont allow a few idiots run you off this site.
The vast majority of the guys on here are pretty cool but there are some who
dont have a life and try to bully people on here because they are worthless and they know it...

Monsta bats in my opinion are very hot and somewhat durable but I have heard of HORROR stories in regards to
Customer service
Returns/Warranty issues and
the owner himself.

I honestly would consider Demarini for ASA because their bats are
Hot and perform very well,
B+ / A- Durability
involve very little break in time
have very good customer service
and are very solid all around.

I personally like Easton for ASA and Utrip
but Easton is not for everyone.......

hedge

life takes guts
Dont allow a few idiots run you off this site.
The vast majority of the guys on here are pretty cool but there are some who
dont have a life and try to bully people on here because they are worthless and they know it...

Monsta bats in my opinion are very hot and somewhat durable but I have heard of HORROR stories in regards to
Customer service
Returns/Warranty issues and
the owner himself.

I honestly would consider Demarini for ASA because their bats are
Hot and perform very well,
B+ / A- Durability
involve very little break in time
have very good customer service
and are very solid all around.

I personally like Easton for ASA and Utrip
but Easton is not for everyone.......

You just talked out of both sides of your ass

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
The owner was rather "jacked up" when he introduced his product to these forums. Turned everyone off, to say the least. Then his bats went into production and for sale. We all despised him.
Then he had a few returns, didn't act professional then he got a real bad name around here. I swore I'd never buy his product. Time passed, he mellowed, some people cannot get over the past, many of us tried his new product and it is really really good. He didn't mellow just became more professional.
I have returned his bats with no issue or queston asked whatsoever, bought more of his product and are quite happy.
These internet tough guy you speak of- they are little dudes with little family jewels that have nothing better to do than slam people.

Jerrshoe

I swung Torch...it was ok. Not worth potential warranty problems and these kinds of mixed reviews. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to pass on them.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'll just swing $79 ASA Eastons and call it good. Monstas hit decent, but I'm not a fan of the feel. Not a fan of paying nearly $300 for an ASA bat either, nor having to jump through hoops and deal with BS to get any sort of customer service.

Joker

What you said is not true though. Do you consider telling people to steal the prototype of another company and offering money for it professional?

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
I love my Monsta. The owner may be a jackass but my DNA is crazy hot and has no issues passing compressions. Outhits my OG Flipper. I have a 2,000 hit Easton synergy Speed Helmer SRV3 that sadly no longer passes compression tests but in tourneys where there is no testing, I'll swing it over the DNA and Flipper. Plus the durability on the speed is crazy, ive had it for like 5 years, swing it in fall league in New Jersey where temperatures can be in the 30/40s and it has no issues besides sounding like a rattlesnake and webbing. Probably really hard to find now, but if you can get your hands on a used one, well worth the money.

Hogrider

Newer bats are hot, top of the line performance.. but

Company does preorders and NEVER delivers on time. My order was placed on in march.. expected due date was 4-1 then on 4-1 they said 5-1. on 5-1 I called and they told me carl hasn't contacted over seas because he was out of town. (Like really?) then I called again today and the very nice receptionist said 3-4 weeks more.. which probably means ****ing August. That's the bull**** peeps be talking about. So, if you can, buy used... no bull**** to deal with

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Just get a 2017 ASA DC41 or a EST XXL and call it good. My DC hits and feels way better than the DNA I had, and the owner of Miken isnt a midget with small man syndrome.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
What you said is not true though. Do you consider telling people to steal the prototype of another company and offering money for it professional?[/QUOTE

I said more professional. The bats rock, that's what matters to me Joker