Mandatory helmets for pitchers after player dies

Jerrshoe

Forget the waiver....just make it a “shall” instead of “may”. This shouldn’t be a choice. At least in u-trip or any sanction with a harder ball.

tattooball

Really is a hard ball so bunch of amateur softball hero's hitting home runs or rockets worth someone's life. Now I'm not saying it couldn't happen with a .52 ball but it has been proven that the SI is reduced by 5 times.

Country469

Guy got hit in the temple. 52 cor would still have likely killed him. A marshmellow at the right speed and spot can kill you. Wear protection.

Country469

The event during which Fusco was hit was not part of the International Slow Pitch Softball organization, but Ferrero’s league and others are taking note and taking action.

Stretch19

Grow up
thats not the dude from florida who posts as many tourneys as shane?

im friends with that dude and follow that league on facebook

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Really is a hard ball so bunch of amateur softball hero's hitting home runs or rockets worth someone's life. Now I'm not saying it couldn't happen with a .52 ball but it has been proven that the SI is reduced by 5 times.

Conference level seems to be

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
That is my friend that died. I was/currently playing ball with him and have been for the last almost 15yrs. A terrible accident. He got married, went on his honeymoon, came back mid that week and played Saturday when he got hit. They air lifted him to Jax due to the severity of the injury where 2 weeks later he passed. His wife Taylor will have been married , gone a honeymoon and widowed in less than 30days. A true tragedy!!! May Greg R.I.P. and Taylor find the peace that she needs to cope with all of this. God Bless!

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
That is my friend that died. I was/currently playing ball with him and have been for the last almost 15yrs. A terrible accident. He got married, went on his honeymoon, came back mid that week and played Saturday when he got hit. They air lifted him to Jax due to the severity of the injury where 2 weeks later he passed. His wife Taylor will have been married , gone a honeymoon and widowed in less than 30days. A true tragedy!!! May Greg R.I.P. and Taylor find the peace that she needs to cope with all of this. God Bless!

Peace be with you and his family

MaverickAH

Guy got hit in the temple. 52 cor would still have likely killed him. A marshmellow at the right speed and spot can kill you. Wear protection.

I personally know 2 guys who now have titanium plates in their face due to being hit. One guy was hit with a Clincher F12 & the other with a Clincher F12G. It's very possible to inflict severe damage with a softer ball.

If I may be completely honest, you can almost predict who is susceptible:
  • No experience
  • No control
  • Letting your pitching motion carry you into home plate
  • Not getting into a proper defensive position
  • Bad overall mechanics
These are the things that I see from the majority of rec players & even some tourney players. A lot of them are totally oblivious to the danger. The level of danger is particularly heightened in coed when you have an inexperienced girl pitching & an athletic twenty-something year old guy with no knowledge of softball etiquette, not a whole lot of experience playing & looking to show off. They have no idea of where they're hitting the ball most of the time! Usually, when I see a potentially dangerous situation, I will be proactive & tell the involved parties to be mindful. Yeah, I know, not my job......, but I would rather do this than have to write an injury report in the aftermath.

Some things are totally unavoidable in the modified & fast pitch game. A pitcher's momentum naturally takes them towards the plate. But slow pitch? There's no excuse........

Joker

holy **** a guy dies and you go on an old man ramble like that

that sucks hacker, nothing but the best for his family

Joker

for a guy who says it's their own fault for getting killed by a batted ball in a thread where one of his good friends is talking about his family, yes. this qualifies for the all decade award

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
sorry for the loss of your friend man, my condolences to the family.

you're a piece of work kid....

Jerrshoe

Yeah...I'm going to have to pile on here. That was about the least appropriate thing you could have said right now Maverick. How about we give it a week before we go blaming the victim of a pretty horrible tragedy.

D-ROCK13

Such a terrible and tragic event. Hate hearing things like this, sorry for your loss and best wishes and prayers to the family

blakcherry329

I personally know 2 guys who now have titanium plates in their face due to being hit. One guy was hit with a Clincher F12 & the other with a Clincher F12G. It's very possible to inflict severe damage with a softer ball.

If I may be completely honest, you can almost predict who is susceptible:
  • No experience
  • No control
  • Letting your pitching motion carry you into home plate
  • Not getting into a proper defensive position
  • Bad overall mechanics
These are the things that I see from the majority of rec players & even some tourney players. A lot of them are totally oblivious to the danger. The level of danger is particularly heightened in coed when you have an inexperienced girl pitching & an athletic twenty-something year old guy with no knowledge of softball etiquette, not a whole lot of experience playing & looking to show off. They have no idea of where they're hitting the ball most of the time! Usually, when I see a potentially dangerous situation, I will be proactive & tell the involved parties to be mindful. Yeah, I know, not my job......, but I would rather do this than have to write an injury report in the aftermath.

Some things are totally unavoidable in the modified & fast pitch game. A pitcher's momentum naturally takes them towards the plate. But slow pitch? There's no excuse........
Wow someone got hit with a Regular F-12? Clincher Golds are highly underrated. Just a notch below .52, imo.

I think he's saying that the THE PITCHER'S MOTION THAT CARRIES THEM TOWARD THE PLATE is on the pitcher to correct and therefore the pitcher's fault if he gets hit. I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about this instance, I hope.

Joker

Wow someone got hit with a Regular F-12? Clincher Golds are highly underrated. Just a notch below .52, imo.

I think he's saying that the THE PITCHER'S MOTION THAT CARRIES THEM TOWARD THE PLATE is on the pitcher to correct and therefore the pitcher's fault if he gets hit. I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about this instance, I hope.
oh look another piece of ****

blakcherry329

oh look another piece of ****
I was just trying to figure out what he was saying, which didn't really pertain to this incident and probably shouldn't have been posted here. Not sure how that makes me a POS, but we all have opinions.

Joker

maybe just maybe in a thread talking about how a pitcher died you don't ****ing talk about blaming the pitcher. the **** is wrong with you people?

lx_2nv

Coach
Saw this on Facebook, it is tragic. I have friends that refuse to wear protection and I sure wish they would.. RIP