Fireflex

Softball.com:

belly43

Bored without softball
Has anyone got one yet? If they are testing 240-250 in the wrapper are they going to last past 40-50 swings? Last years tested at 275 and only lasted maybe maybe 200 before they wouldn’t pass compression.

jhitman

I have one that is to be shipped today. They were supposed to be shipped on 1/15/18 but must have gotten delayed. Hoping to hit it on the weekend as it's going to be in the 50's. Not sure about the compression testing at this point.

jhitman

Hit mine this past weekend. It was just a little behind my 2016 DC41 but I only have 20 swings on it. I think it will be good once I get about 50 more swings with it.

Bagz

Bang!!
Has anyone got one yet? If they are testing 240-250 in the wrapper are they going to last past 40-50 swings? Last years tested at 275 and only lasted maybe maybe 200 before they wouldn’t pass compression.
The notorious Easton durability and holding compression pre-2017 is all but gone. Easton has mocked Miken and Worth on shaky durability if not worse. Pick your poison bud

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The notorious Easton durability and holding compression pre-2017 is all but gone. Easton has mocked Miken and Worth on shaky durability if not worse. Pick your poison bud

I was afraid something like this would eventually happen with them. I've always loved Eastons for durability, even if that meant I gave up a few feet of batted ball distance.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
we have a guy that plays on our team he has 800 swings on his. He got it from a sponsored player, it tested at 230 this weekend.

Jerrshoe

Its a business. Easton needed to do something to pick up additional market share. Everyone is swinging the Worth and Miken stuff these days and they're in too much of a hurry to BP a bat.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Too much lol..

I'll wait to see if they come down by years end like the rest of them have..

Wait to see what the overall durability looks like first too. That's why I never even consider buying brand new bats. You want to know what you're getting before you just piss away $250 or more.

Babynate

Coach
The bad part to all this is that most everyone wanted this. Me personally i like to do bp but i know i cant hit my new stuff to much because they will fail compression. The ones I've seen fail are around the 3 to 400 range, not the old eastons of past forsure. I have the purple nurple with about 175 swings on it an it tested at about 230. Good bat but the durability may not be there.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I still don't understand why they can't just be right at 220 pass and start and stay there period.

Can't tell me with all the R&D and tech, that the bats with the discs etc couldn't be evolved to lights out from wrapper and durable enough to just stay there.

I think them failing compression is something they want in the lower untested levels tbh which just seems wrong but sells bats I guess?

It would be one thing if the bat exploded once failed or cracked significantly - But to fail with tonnes of life left is annoying af.

I think Easton had no choice but to get on par with the rest. Selling $99 bats after 6-7 months was likely not working too too well, and I am sure those at higher level were pretty vocal in saying they didn't hang with Miken/Worth. Especially the higher level guys in provided bat tourneys. That's where you really say the truth on the first morning. The sponsored guys losing serious performance swinging NOW Eastons while the rest of the guys are out there beating in 1 side of a Miken/Worth and after 2 innings it's gas.

The bad part to all this is that most everyone wanted this. Me personally i like to do bp but i know i cant hit my new stuff to much because they will fail compression. The ones I've seen fail are around the 3 to 400 range, not the old eastons of past forsure. I have the purple nurple with about 175 swings on it an it tested at about 230. Good bat but the durability may not be there.

D-ROCK13

I'm sure giving out $300 msrp easton's for $50 Combat warranties hasn't helped any either. All manufacturers are rolling with the times at this point, or at least making a valiant effort to. Nobody wants to spend time breaking bats in anymore, and the customers are the real losers here. You pay the same money for a bat that lasts half as long or even less

THESHOE

Starting Player
I used to enjoy the BP process, but I must also say, when I break a bat it's good to know an hour or two of tee work with the warranty replacement and I am not far from what was my gamer.

As far as the physics comment, well, gold drivers can do it with face COR - What's the log of composite's excuse?

I'm sure giving out $300 msrp easton's for $50 Combat warranties hasn't helped any either. All manufacturers are rolling with the times at this point, or at least making a valiant effort to. Nobody wants to spend time breaking bats in anymore, and the customers are the real losers here. You pay the same money for a bat that lasts half as long or even less

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's a good drivers Cor?

Seriously, why would a company put work into developing bat you describe when they can make the current bats for a fraction of that cost and we'll buy them?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I still don't understand why they can't just be right at 220 pass and start and stay there period.

Can't tell me with all the R&D and tech, that the bats with the discs etc couldn't be evolved to lights out from wrapper and durable enough to just stay there.

I think them failing compression is something they want in the lower untested levels tbh which just seems wrong but sells bats I guess?

It would be one thing if the bat exploded once failed or cracked significantly - But to fail with tonnes of life left is annoying af.

I think Easton had no choice but to get on par with the rest. Selling $99 bats after 6-7 months was likely not working too too well, and I am sure those at higher level were pretty vocal in saying they didn't hang with Miken/Worth. Especially the higher level guys in provided bat tourneys. That's where you really say the truth on the first morning. The sponsored guys losing serious performance swinging NOW Eastons while the rest of the guys are out there beating in 1 side of a Miken/Worth and after 2 innings it's gas.

You could be right here, and that's too bad. Too bad because you have lower players (or upper players if their league/tournies don't compression test) hitting missiles at each other with unaltered bats. Pitchers, beware.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Seriously, why would a company put work into developing bat you describe when they can make the current bats for a fraction of that cost and we'll buy them?

5u245g.jpg

Exactly. That would also explain the money grab they did by banning the ASA Flex, Extended, and others

jhitman

nice that's a good deal for sure. so far from what I have seen this bat is good bat.

I thought it was a decent deal. Hope the bat lives up to the hype. I'm used to Miken/Worth so this Easton Fire Flex has a different feel to it. So far after 20 swings it seems pretty decent. Curious once it gets up to the 100 mark if it gets hotter. Happy with the bat so far though.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I thought it was a decent deal. Hope the bat lives up to the hype. I'm used to Miken/Worth so this Easton Fire Flex has a different feel to it. So far after 20 swings it seems pretty decent. Curious once it gets up to the 100 mark if it gets hotter. Happy with the bat so far though.

100 swings and it's pissing hot lava. at least the one I have is.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
If Easton can tell ASA what bats to ban why wouldn't they just ban all monstas, demarini, and miken?

I'm sure it was a favor and money was exchanged at some point or at least that would be a logical explanation. They probably weren't selling enough of the ASA stuff because of the durability of anything <2014. Easton has no say over any other manufacturers I'd imagine.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure Easton had no say over what ASA bans at all for several reasons. The pre abi bats went way farther back than 2014. This was a bad enough conspiracy when it came out, we don't need to add revisionist history to it.

330esr

Addicted to Softballfans
So is this new fire flex the same as last years green halmer flex or hotter sorry been out the utrip game for a while trying to get a new or used one but 250 plus for a utrip bat is kinda steep but 220 seems about right for a new hott bat I think