Fireflex

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I'm sure Easton had no say over what ASA bans at all for several reasons. The pre abi bats went way farther back than 2014. This was a bad enough conspiracy when it came out, we don't need to add revisionist history to it.

Asa website says that Easton asked for the certification to be pulled, something like Combat did with the lady virus.

jhitman

100 swings and it's pissing hot lava. at least the one I have is.

I hope mine will be the same. It was good right out of the wrapper. The barrel is a little softer than some of the previous years Eastons so hopefully that will speed up the break in time. It has a nice endload in it. Hoping to put some swings on it on Saturdays....50's here in MD.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I hope mine will be the same. It was good right out of the wrapper. The barrel is a little softer than some of the previous years Eastons so hopefully that will speed up the break in time. It has a nice endload in it. Hoping to put some swings on it on Saturdays....50's here in MD.

put another 90 swings on mine last night, seems to keep getting hotter. plan is to hit it until it explodes just so I know how many hits before it breaks.

jhitman

put another 90 swings on mine last night, seems to keep getting hotter. plan is to hit it until it explodes just so I know how many hits before it breaks.

That's good news and makes me think mine will do the same. It's not bad right out of the wrapper. It was just a small amount behind my 3,000 swing DC41 from 2016. Just need to get used to the different feel of the bat. Haven't swung Easton's in a while.

chile

Bad Ape

I guess that ghost is lonely on the 18 rack

full

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I guess I should finish the trifecta and get the fire flex?
im like Sharon Stone in basic instinct, im seeing a few different brands this year, if I break the fire flex I will impale myself on it samurai warrior style. My post just went full circle.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I guess I should finish the trifecta and get the fireflex?

I put about 152 cuts on mine off the tee and then took it for my first BP today. It is already better than my bakers and Wegmans, better than the DB44 and just a hair behind my Legit xxl already.

Let me know if you want to try it out since I doubt I’ll be swinging it much more before now and when league starts, I’m going to be working on my usssa Dudley and the Baker

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
I have put over 400 cuts on mine now and decided to compression test it. It tested at 190. That’s crazy so from what I’m seeing it fails quick. My buddy’s blue line failed too at 200. The only one that’s borderline right now is the wegman it’s right on the line with about 50 swings on it.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 2-17 Helmer's and a 17 Baker. Tested all 3 and the Helmer's were 220ish at 200 swings, 230 at 100 swings, and the Baker was at 240 at 200 swings (All swings indoors over this winter) I put them away and imagine I'll be fine the first few tournaments while it's cold but once it warms up they'll be done....Can't imagine the 18 line passing for very long....

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have put over 400 cuts on mine now and decided to compression test it. It tested at 190. That’s crazy so from what I’m seeing it fails quick. My buddy’s blue line failed too at 200. The only one that’s borderline right now is the wegman it’s right on the line with about 50 swings on it.

What balls were you hitting to achieve this with? Either way, its bad. No one wants a bat that fails in so few swings.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
What balls were you hitting to achieve this with? Either way, its bad. No one wants a bat that fails in so few swings.

our bp balls are mixture of evil bp rockets and 52 300's. the balls we hit in games are 44 400's. not sure if they will all be this way but I mainly wanted to see what durability looks like on these bats. doubt it will last much longer with the way it's hitting.

jhitman

our bp balls are mixture of evil bp rockets and 52 300's. the balls we hit in games are 44 400's. not sure if they will all be this way but I mainly wanted to see what durability looks like on these bats. doubt it will last much longer with the way it's hitting.

Not taking a chance with my new Fire Flex until the temps are warmer. My 2016 DC41 is a tank with any ball even with the cold temps.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

Well, it saddens me to hear that all these new Eastons are dying out in 250ish swings. That's ludicrous coming from a company that always prided itself on making durable bats. Someone at that R&D department needs to fix things.

These new bats are NOT meant for BP swings at all. You basically have to unwrap it and step into games with it.

WillW3

Starting Player
Regardless of what you think or what I think, 90% of the softball world wants the instant gratification. At the end of the day, Easton is still a business. They either change, or they continue to get left behind.

Jerrshoe

Regardless of what you think or what I think, 90% of the softball world wants the instant gratification. At the end of the day, Easton is still a business. They either change, or they continue to get left behind.

I agree. These are basic business principals and they need to adapt or die. I guess I just wish they would make a bat or two with some old technology that had the durability factor that a few of us still prefer.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I agree. These are basic business principals and they need to adapt or die. I guess I just wish they would make a bat or two with some old technology that had the durability factor that a few of us still prefer.

The softball sanctions are eventually going to have to face the bat problem and enact some rigid bat performance standards. Something like colleges did with the BBCOR baseball bats years ago.

Jerrshoe

The softball sanctions are eventually going to have to face the bat problem and enact some rigid bat performance standards. Something like colleges did with the BBCOR baseball bats years ago.

I agree. I go back and forth between bat standards changing or simply going to a 52 for everything.

speed123

Synergy Flex OG
Blue Line is fire!!!!!! First 5 swing felt meh...... after that it was stupid good!!! Good endload on the blue line swings smooth ...... one thing I always loved about the Easton was the feel. Just glad to be swinging an Easton again. Blue Line reminds me of my favorite Easton OG 100H with out having to put 1,000 swings on it. Excited to see how this thing performs this year!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They make six models for each association on average. It would make good business sense for them to make at least one model slightly more durable. I don't understand why they can't just make a bat from the previous year and sell it for 199. If the previous year was more durable like they are regarding Easton'.

D-ROCK13

That's why the 17 Ronins were still imx composite instead of tct flex, for the added durability like the old days. But few people want the old school tech unfortunately. Should keep the Ronins cheaper though

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Well, it saddens me to hear that all these new Eastons are dying out in 250ish swings. That's ludicrous coming from a company that always prided itself on making durable bats. Someone at that R&D department needs to fix things.

These new bats are NOT meant for BP swings at all. You basically have to unwrap it and step into games with it.

I would agree with you there, it sucks but honestly im trying to see if I can get this bat to 1000 swings. By no means does it pass compression but it's absolutely a rocket launcher with that being said if it gets to 1,000 swings it durable for how it is out of the wrapper. Last years Easton's tested really low too once broken in but I have only seen a couple of broken helmers and that was in the colder weather. Not sure world wide about the durability but im just going off of what I have seen. really do love the feel and response of this bat though and the ss is a cant miss. sorry for the long rant I'm just trying to give my honest feedback. My back up fire flex is what im swinging now and it's only being hit in games, the Kirby is my bp bat and that bat is good too.