Team Combat with tacky barrel - dual stamped

Normy

All Combat products are inexpensive, especially if they are not under warranty.

Hit, run, repeat and most importantly, enjoy it.

Or, sell it to Normy.
Hahaha! These guys know me well. Is that the black barrel one? Haven't tried it. If no likey, I get first dibs lol

Normy

If its the black barrel with blue lettering, good luck. I asked about it a few months back and really googled the heck out of it, and nothing, no info whatsoever.
Same here. Let us know how the mystery bat works out vipvanilla!

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
will do! I picked up a couple of them. I've swung a couple bats with similar barrels and enjoyed the additional spin/knuckle, but if it's a crap bat, then who cares! :) More to come

Normy

will do! I picked up a couple of them. I've swung a couple bats with similar barrels and enjoyed the additional spin/knuckle, but if it's a crap bat, then who cares! :) More to come
Yeah, if it's anything like the Extinction or Rocket Launcher, it oughta be a beaut!! If not, BP bat. Win win

sleepin4matty

Management Material
you won't find much as Combat was dissolved basically right at release time. only person around that could comment would be Coop but he works for Easton now and probably doesn't come on here much anymore

Normy

So it's a 2017 huh? Must be the last Combat made for slowpitch. I found where they were selling for peanuts. If you rate it 4 out of 5 stars, I'm picking one up. Especially if it comes with a warranty.

ShortYellowBus

1 piece dual stamp with 13” barrel and lizard skin grip. Soft barrel feel and performance comparable to white and orange ASA Rogo. Rogo was balanced, and this bat feels similar, even if it’s marked endload.

The paint is luxurious and it definitely looks more expensive than it is.

Nice bat.

Normy

1 piece dual stamp with 13” barrel and lizard skin grip. Soft barrel feel and performance comparable to white and orange ASA Rogo. Rogo was balanced, and this bat feels similar, even if it’s marked endload.

The paint is luxurious and it definitely looks more expensive than it is.

Nice bat.
Dang it, should have ordered the 28 oz!

Normy

The 27 oz black beauty arrived today. The first thing I noticed was how balanced it felt for a Combat. The scale and balance point confirmed this. Weighed in at 26 7/8 oz with lizard skin. I'd say it has an endload of around 1/3 ounce. Maybe. Caught a paint buzz taking off the wrapper. This is different tacky coating than my Extinction. Wouldn't be surprised if dirt actually sticks to this bat. It turned cold here in Michigan so it'll be awhile before I get some swings. If I can't get used to the balanced feel, the end cap is coming off and a 3/4 oz EL cap is going in. The team needs a BP bat anyway.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
The 27 oz black beauty arrived today. The first thing I noticed was how balanced it felt for a Combat. The scale and balance point confirmed this. Weighed in at 26 7/8 oz with lizard skin. I'd say it has an endload of around 1/3 ounce. Maybe. Caught a paint buzz taking off the wrapper. This is different tacky coating than my Extinction. Wouldn't be surprised if dirt actually sticks to this bat. It turned cold here in Michigan so it'll be awhile before I get some swings. If I can't get used to the balanced feel, the end cap is coming off and a 3/4 oz EL cap is going in. The team needs a BP bat anyway.
Pics please.

Normy

Post #14!!

It’s not a home run bat.

It’s great for on base averages and sharing with guys who are too cheap to buy one.

Mystery bat solved.
Lol, I just had to have Combats last softball bat. There's a sticker on this bat that isn't on my others...designed in Canada, made in China. The rest say made in Canada. I'm not giving it high hopes. What this bat WILL do is save a few swings on the 13 DBA and Legends Plague by looking pretty hanging in the dugout ;)

Normy

Well fellas...got a chance to hit on this beautiful 38° Michigan day. Didn't have a pitcher so I just air mailed a bucket of 52's. What Shortyellowbus said was spot on. Balanced swing with a soft barrel. Granted, these were the first few swings so it'll take a few more rounds to open up. Overall, if you're looking for an inexpensive one piece with a balanced feel, this bat should do the trick. No real wow factor but still a great bat for the price.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I spoke to the store that is selling these Team Combats and they said it was a special edition made for them. Main difference in this and the Rogo ASA is the balanced vs. endload according to them. I ended up going with the Rogo as I will only be playing ASA.

Normy

I spoke to the store that is selling these Team Combats and they said it was a special edition made for them. Main difference in this and the Rogo ASA is the balanced vs. endload according to them. I ended up going with the Rogo as I will only be playing ASA.
I'm taking the end cap off mine and putting more EL so it matches my gamers. It was pretty balanced which i never cared for. Need another BP bat anyway.

Normy

Have you had a chance to swing yours yet?

Sel

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing with 47/375's, would you guys think this Combat would be a better option than the 2015 Easton Salvo ASA (end-load)? I can get that stick also for the same price. Looking for something to fill the low priced team bat slot but still produce for the average Joe.

Another Easton option, the 2017 Ronin ASA/USSSA balanced (12" barrel). Again, just rounding out a team bat selection for modified ball.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Normy

Playing with 47/375's, would you guys think this Combat would be a better option than the 2015 Easton Salvo ASA (end-load)? I can get that stick also for the same price. Looking for something to fill the low priced team bat slot but still produce for the average Joe.

Another Easton option, the 2017 Ronin ASA/USSSA balanced (12" barrel). Again, just rounding out a team bat selection for modified ball.

Thanks.
I play with 52's so not sure. If you're looking for a durable team bat, I'd probably go with one of the Easton's.