ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
How do you get tossed for the year after winning a game 19-1? That guy has about the worst case of small man syndrome I've ever seen. He's probably a really tall tough guy back in the shire though...

He's honestly a good dude. Just takes middle shots extremely personally and lets his emotions get the best of him on the field, to put it mildly. I doubt you'll see him playing again.

beachbomb10

Addicted to Softballfans
Not impressed with what I saw in the open. Other than The Box having a decent game against Monsta A, and getting called time limit in the 6th down 7, I wasn't impressed. The San Antonio team obviously couldnt hang with the open field but kudos for trying. The Monsta teams definitely stood head and shoulders above the others. Heartland looked really confused saturday, due to bats and gloves not being 'nsync, but they figured it out sunday and sent that box team back to whatever bar they were still clearly at from the night before.

C looked pretty even from what I could tell. Seemed like a lot of low scoring games. Really didnt see many homeruns, probably due to Big Cats wind theory. Honestly though it didnt look like the balls were coming off that well? Could there be a ball conspiracy taking place because the open hit plenty of homeruns from what I saw?

Better question is will QC every forgive Siver for giving up on his team? Better melt down had to be the sickies pitcher losing his marbles. GS Sports laying the proverbial egg once again....what happened to them? Corral looked good though, maybe RJ on the mound is the answer. It brought the dynasty back to the spotlight.....I thought MMB was going to for sure eclipse the 4 spot. After last years run I thought for sure the Anarchy boys would push through.

D is always a **** show though, lets be honest here. One loss biz makes it anyones game. Really thought after Mich Gld, we were going to see DMVW establish dominance...wasnt the case though. Can beach get those MDI guys on the winning track every again? AMS made a nice run too, those guys are active in the field.

Thats the rant for today....since there is really nothing left until state I suppose everyone will hibernate. tootles

Hoping come state we scored 68 runs and lost 3 in mich golden. Played better and won 1st at mcquades and then lost a lowsey one to American casing 13-8 sat night.. it is in our future to do well hopefully... Ulmer did win the drinking on our team for weekend.

joeybats19

Not impressed with what I saw in the open. Other than The Box having a decent game against Monsta A, and getting called time limit in the 6th down 7, I wasn't impressed. The San Antonio team obviously couldnt hang with the open field but kudos for trying. The Monsta teams definitely stood head and shoulders above the others. Heartland looked really confused saturday, due to bats and gloves not being 'nsync, but they figured it out sunday and sent that box team back to whatever bar they were still clearly at from the night before.

C looked pretty even from what I could tell. Seemed like a lot of low scoring games. Really didnt see many homeruns, probably due to Big Cats wind theory. Honestly though it didnt look like the balls were coming off that well? Could there be a ball conspiracy taking place because the open hit plenty of homeruns from what I saw?

Better question is will QC every forgive Siver for giving up on his team? Better melt down had to be the sickies pitcher losing his marbles. GS Sports laying the proverbial egg once again....what happened to them? Corral looked good though, maybe RJ on the mound is the answer. It brought the dynasty back to the spotlight.....I thought MMB was going to for sure eclipse the 4 spot. After last years run I thought for sure the Anarchy boys would push through.

D is always a **** show though, lets be honest here. One loss biz makes it anyones game. Really thought after Mich Gld, we were going to see DMVW establish dominance...wasnt the case though. Can beach get those MDI guys on the winning track every again? AMS made a nice run too, those guys are active in the field.

Thats the rant for today....since there is really nothing left until state I suppose everyone will hibernate. tootles

I will say, it was fun playing the open at Mcquades. Would have been nice to keep it rolling into sunday, but thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes. 11 homeruns is where its at.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Next real question (2 legit posts in a row for me, a new record) Why does everyone keep saying C is wide open. I totally get everyone can hit and anyone can lose a game, but isn't it really between Corral and MMB? Both have finished in the top 4 consecutive years at McQuade's, MMB won an open tournament and finished 3rd at Mich Golden (to the Box and Heartland) and didn't Corral finish 2nd at state last year? It seems to me that those 2 are the clear favorites.

Real question: Is Johnny's the best team in GF now?

American League Standings
Team Wins Losses
Wild Bills/ Trojan Promotions 10-0
Rumors / River City Jewelers Hashers 9-1
RMI / Holiday Stations / Budweiser 8-2
1st Class / Joe Blacks / ACCU 7-3
Southgate / BSE / Budweiser 5-5
Shotgun Sally's/ Abrams Farm Service 3-7
Johnny's Lounge 3-7
Average Joes 2-8
Speedway 805 Busch Pounders 2-8
El Roco/ H and N Plumbing 1-9

Spot on ndsoftball star #doubtful You nailed it. If I know anything about comprehending standings it's pretty clear that Johnny's is untouchable. Except for the 7 times that they were touchable.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Excuse me Spicy Burrito, I'm sorry I didn't look up the GF league standings before asking a question. For what it's worth I always thought Wild Bill's was the best GF team but seeing as Johnny's is the only team that actually plays in tournaments outside of GF I didn't know. Plus it seems like they always do quite well. I should have known that unstoppable juggernaut the Rumor's Hashers would be second. They always kill everyone when they play outside GF.

sendit69

American League Standings
Team Wins Losses
Wild Bills/ Trojan Promotions 10-0
Rumors / River City Jewelers Hashers 9-1
RMI / Holiday Stations / Budweiser 8-2
1st Class / Joe Blacks / ACCU 7-3
Southgate / BSE / Budweiser 5-5
Shotgun Sally's/ Abrams Farm Service 3-7
Johnny's Lounge 3-7
Average Joes 2-8
Speedway 805 Busch Pounders 2-8
El Roco/ H and N Plumbing 1-9

Spot on ndsoftball star #doubtful You nailed it. If I know anything about comprehending standings it's pretty clear that Johnny's is untouchable. Except for the 7 times that they were touchable.

This is great, I am sure league up in Grand Forks is taken very serious since the majority of teams don't travel outside of the comfort zone for any tournaments besides McQuades and State. And I don't know for sure but I think half of the Johnny's team actually lives in Fargo so I am sure they are bringing a full team each week to play league ball on little league fields. I mean Hashers are 9-1 and Southgate is 5-5 that should tell you all you need to know. And according to the standings Wild Bills should have rolled to a top 4 finish at McQuades since they are UNTOUCHABLE.

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
We (Wild Bills) are very touchable.. All of us.. And we don't travel much, so league is life to us. We tried to finish top 4, but the fields were too big.

sendit69

As far as McQuades goes.

Open:
Finished as expected was fun to watch the Monsta Teams tattoo balls. The Box and Heartland seem to be pretty even just depends on who is on in each particular game.

C:
Corral Bar is clear cut favorite they have been playing solid all year. It will be interesting to see if Smoke come back to McQuades next year and attempts to compete in the Open, they are one heck of a team. MMB is having a strong season but the next big one is their Achilles Heal lets see if they can shake the yips and get that elusive C State Win.

D:
Had a lot of upsets, Katzer was talked about on here being a good team and one to look out for by Sming01 I believe so good call on that. Inges as expected strolled right through the bottom half of the bracket. Big upsets on the top half, D*ckson losing first game(nice run after that) and DMVW coming out strong first game of the day but forgetting to bring their bats to the all important second game. I expect to see D*ckson Law, DMVW, Rhombus, Inges, and Aftermath gunning for the top spot at D State.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Next real question (2 legit posts in a row for me, a new record) Why does everyone keep saying C is wide open. I totally get everyone can hit and anyone can lose a game, but isn't it really between Corral and MMB? Both have finished in the top 4 consecutive years at McQuade's, MMB won an open tournament and finished 3rd at Mich Golden (to the Box and Heartland) and didn't Corral finish 2nd at state last year? It seems to me that those 2 are the clear favorites.

thatsbait123213-thumb-600x331-166729.gif

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
I didn't mean to bait anyone, I honestly couldn't remember and like the all important GF league standings, I was too lazy to look it up. I'm also too lazy to look up where C state is, so I'll say Corral is the favorite if it's in Bismarck. If not I'm taking the pride of Fargo MMB, unless it's in GF, then Wild Bill's is my pick. All in all I'd say I think home field advantage is super important.

This is great, I am sure league up in Grand Forks is taken very serious since the majority of teams don't travel outside of the comfort zone for any tournaments besides McQuades and State. And I don't know for sure but I think half of the Johnny's team actually lives in Fargo so I am sure they are bringing a full team each week to play league ball on little league fields. I mean Hashers are 9-1 and Southgate is 5-5 that should tell you all you need to know. And according to the standings Wild Bills should have rolled to a top 4 finish at McQuades since they are UNTOUCHABLE.

Oh so Johnny's not having all their players is only a viable excuse when you want to use it.....seems like that excuse usually gets thrown out the window like my dirty diapers. I don't think Johnny's has ever beaten any of the class teams in GF, and if they did that team was probably missing players.;) Most of us just live for league on the tiny fields. It sure makes us feel big and strong.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
My new GF Rankings 1) Wild Bill's - kings of the town and oh so very touchable 2) First Class Mortgage - slightly less good and significantly less touchable 3) Johnny's - When they have their Fargo players they are really good 4) Southgate - I know nothing about this team 5) Hashers - Congrats on making the top 5

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
If RMI sweeps Dietz Properties tonight, will they crack the top 5 of the Grand Forks Power Rankings?? Could be a lot of movement in the rankings.. Stay tuned!

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Shoot, they probably need to be in there. Although if they were that great, I wouldn't have forgotten them. Here's the deal, a sweep tonight lands them at #2. They need to earn it.

My new GF Rankings 1) Wild Bill's - kings of the town and oh so very touchable 2) First Class Mortgage - slightly less good and significantly less touchable 3) Johnny's - When they have their Fargo players they are really good 4) Southgate - I know nothing about this team 5) Hashers - Congrats on making the top 5

Yeah they are sooooo good with their Fargo players....I think all 7 losses are when they only had players living north of Gardner....and you do realize they do decent at Rec 1 right? That's the level below all the teams in GF that are better than them. Maybe I need to lay off the spice and build us a bigger field

Jim_Chimney

1) If you're right about the overall lack of travel, then obviously league would be taken 'more' seriously. Strike 1
2) Unless you're blind, you know that Johnny's is still far from a Class team regardless of who they throw out there. Strike 2
3) Another pretty weird statement/comparison to make.. unless you're blind of course. Strike 3
4) Comparing the top GF league night to the C-bracket at McQuades... wow chief, I assume you're off work today & have been slammin' em back haaard.

But hey, I'll give credit where credit is due. It's rare to see a full 4-sentence post where each one is thoroughly soaked in stupidity. Solid effort, sendit69~

tenor.gif

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Johnny's has finished in the top 2 of every Rec 1 tournament I've seen this year. Hardly makes them "far from a class team." In fact that sentence makes me think you're far from a class player, I mean game should recognize game.... Also that salty burrito joke was pretty solid but maybe it went over your head.

sendit69

I just finished hitting at the West Fargo softball fields in preparation for the July Classic. Also have been practicing my modest show bomb bat toss and walk to the dugout. Hopefully there is a stiff breeze blowing in to make it more of a challenge.

Johnny's has finished in the top 2 of every Rec 1 tournament I've seen this year. Hardly makes them "far from a class team." In fact that sentence makes me think you're far from a class player, I mean game should recognize game.... Also that salty burrito joke was pretty solid but maybe it went over your head.

Real tough to think of that joke. How did he do it?? Did he just replace one adjective with another? Mind-blowing. Was "oh" top notch according to you as well? Please explain the hidden meaning there. If you don't think any teams in GF are class quality how would Johnny's be since they can't beat any of them except maybe Southgate who is well on their way out of the class level.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
I didn't say there were no class teams in gf. I in no way whatsoever think that. I really seem to have struck a nerve with you regarding my compliment of Johnny's. Did they run it up on you? Some of them are young and haven't learned you don't always have to take the extra base yet.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
There is no question Johnny's is rising up the ranks and building great chemistry as every Tournament goes by, give them a year or two and they could be near the top of the "League of Champions" as the old guard fades away, but how long will it take Johnny's to take out their big bro's Wild Bills?

With that said we prepare for the "Only Tournament that Matters"!!! The Grand Forks July Classic!!!!!!

V39SLF4.jpg
Shogun what do you do for a living? My assumption is that it's really weird lol.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
I'd like to call you clever....but you aren't. Your jokes match your record. Keep trying!
I thought it was funny, not necessarily because it was a brilliantly put together brain buster, but because he called you out for clearly putting your tampon in the wrong hole this morning. Although sometimes the wrong hole is the right hole, so what do I know.

I didn't say there were no class teams in gf. I in no way whatsoever think that. I really seem to have struck a nerve with you regarding my compliment of Johnny's. Did they run it up on you? Some of them are young and haven't learned you don't always have to take the extra base yet.

Johnny's has never beaten a team I've been playing on. Keep eating those cheetos....pretty soon your mouth will look tan.