Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yuck. My Wednesday team has 7 guys from my high school.

The part that sucks is a lot of the guys that I started playing against from Champlin are starting to shut it down.

Beauner

Starting Player
Was gonna play in it for Eastview but ended up going to Rochester for their one-day tournament and experienced a first.
Umpire just walked away after the top of the first inning.
He had a couple of bad strike calls in top of 1. Nobody screamed or yelled at him, they showed some frustration (the usual call time, walk out of the box and say "that was high" type stuff) and one guy said "call it both ways then." Nobody cussed or anything at him.
After the top of the first was over he just grabbed his bag, walked over to the tournament HQ and informed the UIC that he was not going to deal with it and went home.
Never seen anything like it before. Didn't give warnings, didn't tell anyone to shut their mouths, etc. Just quit.
Very weird.
The UIC came over and did the rest of the game (and did a great job) but said "apparently I need to do a better job training because that is unacceptable" about the guy leaving.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Natalia is all I have left as well. Might try and pick up this weekend for Fall Firemen's if I don't feel overly lazy which has been something I've felt lately.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I went back on forth on trying to find something for fall firemens, but that'd be three weekends in a row, and that's a little aggressive in the fall.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
6kg57x.jpg

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
If you look at some teams rosters on Go Softball, it says whether they are bumped or not.

Who knows if it's all of them, but there are some there.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
So Carl just posted this on Monsta's Facebook page:

"I see Anarchy has been granted a license by usssa. Congratulations to them. I hope it comes with Vaseline. As for Monstas stance on how we’ve been treated by usssa, No sponsorships will be given to teams that play/support usssa nor will any teams that have players that play or support usssa. It’s on now!!!" And this is a direct quote.

How can he say that...Just stupid nonsense. All his players play conference and one Monsta supported team won AA worlds. I know Greinert didn't play conference this year, but all the others did. He has to go back on that statement. I don't think the guys on the Monsta rosters (Super and both A teams) will only want to play Corky's, McQuades, and Nationals. In the comments, people are asking about specific players (Flip, etc...) and he says it affects everybody on Monsta rosters.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
So Carl just posted this on Monsta's Facebook page:

"I see Anarchy has been granted a license by usssa. Congratulations to them. I hope it comes with Vaseline. As for Monstas stance on how we’ve been treated by usssa, No sponsorships will be given to teams that play/support usssa nor will any teams that have players that play or support usssa. It’s on now!!!" And this is a direct quote.

How can he say that...Just stupid nonsense. All his players play conference and one Monsta supported team won AA worlds. I know Greinert didn't play conference this year, but all the others did. He has to go back on that statement. I don't think the guys on the Monsta rosters (Super and both A teams) will only want to play Corky's, McQuades, and Nationals. In the comments, people are asking about specific players (Flip, etc...) and he says it affects everybody on Monsta rosters.

"As The World Turns: Softball Edition"

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Even his own players are commenting that he is only hurting the players that have supported him. He just goes off saying he was promised a USSSA license after the war by the shore and got shot down. What a narcissistic douche bag.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
His team would suck then. Unless he has enough money to pay them enough not to play.

Do you think they would go from playing about 12-15 weekends/year (and that is just Utrip) to 3? That would take quite a bit of extra money. How much do guys get per weekend? I have heard a few numbers so I will take a smaller amount just for a calculation. Let's say they get $500/weekend and 12 guys on the roster. That will cost $6,000/weekend and between $72,000-$90,000 for the year just to keep them out of USSSA.

Country469

And the crazy part is those bats are pretty good. I don't care for the weighting but they perform fine, the business is working, he just won't stfu and get out of its way.

bstark28

Starting Player
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the rationale (and maybe I'm missing a few pieces), but this is how it's coming across....he's been trying for some time to get sanctioned to create a U-trip bat, but his efforts keep getting spurned. His one comment was as if he was "promised" something by playing War by the Shore against SIS, only to have that fall through. Anarchy comes in and gets the green light to create their U-trip bat, Carl gets pi***d and basically says if you're a team/player sponsored by my company, all you can play is USA, thus alienating a majority of his own guys that play 99% U-trip and have been with him to start. That about right? Sounds like someone dropped their sucker in the dirt, to me....Obviously, I'm not anywhere close to being "in the know" on the situation, but that sure seems like a fair interpretation.