Rain, Rain Go Away

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
giphy.gif

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
What is the best product for drying out an infield? I keep finding stuff that is like $50 a bag and that seems excessive. I’m commissioner of my beer league for my neighborhood now and we have never had anything on hand to handle wet fields

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
Also I’ve dealt with TM issues before. We made some T-shirt’s for a fundraiser and used the detroit old English D and it got taken down. We replaced it with a generic old English D that was very similar but not exact. That’s how you get around it. At a glance it’s the same. But it’s just different enough to get around the infringement

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
buy 100 bags and it's probably like $45 each. not ideal, but offering a solution

you like the old English D, eh? and milli vanilli did too sing their own songs

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
buy 100 bags and it's probably like $45 each. not ideal, but offering a solution

you like the old English D, eh? and milli vanilli did too sing their own songs

We only have 1 field so 100 bags would probably last 30 years. It’s a really Rec league. I keep all of the field equipment at my house right now.

You know I love the D

foxx14

Isn't all hustle just like if hdlns started making clothes? Which I think they should by the way. How are they not getting shut down for all the licensed apparel they're selling online? I can't imagine they're actually paying those colleges the licensing required to use their logos.
Headlines does make clothes. Nothing as cool as a hoody with giant purple lips on it like All Hustle, but they have a pretty solid line of "outside of softball" apparel, IMO. Stuff you wouldn't even associate with someone who makes uniforms.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Headlines does make clothes. Nothing as cool as a hoody with giant purple lips on it like All Hustle, but they have a pretty solid line of "outside of softball" apparel, IMO. Stuff you wouldn't even associate with someone who makes uniforms.

Versace < Hermes < Dior < Cavalli < Supreme < Ralph Lauren < Tommy Bahama/Hilfiger < Perry Ellis < DKNY < Kenneth Cold < Headlines < Wrangler < FUBU < All Hustle

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen some on their website, but most of it was sold out. I think I overestimate the average softball players desire to order things online though.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I've seen some on their website, but most of it was sold out. I think I overestimate the average softball players desire to order things online though.

you have to underestimate online clothing vendors producing adequate supply

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Versace < Hermes < Dior < Cavalli < Supreme < Ralph Lauren < Tommy Bahama/Hilfiger < Perry Ellis < DKNY < Kenneth Cold <Headlines < Wrangler < FUBU < All Hustle
Don't you hate on Wrangler. Some of us need that Brett favre u shaped taint area to conveniently snap our **** pics.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
It's amazing how "checked out" people are. Now that I am a manager, I realize that people do as little as possible. I always knew that, but I didn't realize how little "little" was.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
i have people that seem like that, but do good work. I tell them, I don't care if you're here for 8 hours working at a leisurely pace, or if you want to work 6 and bust your ass and **** around for the last 2. as long as nobody complains to me, I'm fine with it.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Well I got a guy that I haven't seen in months, and I didn't know was working in my department anymore, charging 50+ hour weeks.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I got a guy that I haven't seen in months, and I didn't know was working in my department anymore, charging 50+ hour weeks.
Are you hiring?

I don't do as little as possible, but it's damned hard to do busy work in the down times when other people have headphones on obviously watching TV or videos on their computers.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
every once in a while, and example needs to be made

and an empty Staples printer paper box on their desk with a GTFO letter sets the tone for everyone else

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Always hiring, but you have to have some kind of engineering/drafting degree or certificate. JJ used to work here.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I need a 6 figure base salary with 6 weeks of vacation and between a 5 and 10% bonus every year on top of a 5% merit raise. yes?