Goff Thread

Joker

i got some oakley shorts coming from golfdiscount and a couple pair of shoes from rockbottomgolf. they had a buy 1 get 1 free shoe sale the other day

Country469

I saw that. Shorts were like 26 right? I've never ****ed with oakley stuff but I had a couple pair of their jeans that were awesome way back.

Buying that 54, I was thinking about trading some in but with 8 clubs for 26$ I think I'll pass on that 2nd swing

huzzdog

retired
fun story how i ruined the club championship. dad and i play well on saturday... unbeknownst to us... he was playing the old man tees. 6 holes in.. the tournament organizer drives around.. tells us he's supposed to play the same tees as me. no sweat.. just play the back tees from now on. i had 100$ in the paramutual on us to win. we finish saturday tied for the lead at 12 under net.
sunday i show up.. director tells me we are out on the paramututal because of the tee confusion. i ponder for a moment.. then decide we will play our round but have bowed out of the tournament. our scores won't count and we can't win. he says... you don't have to do that. but i felt it was the right thing to do. so.. i break the news to my dad.... he says.. cool.. i'm just gonna get drunk. and he did.
completely my fault.. ****ty.. had no clue

Country469

if its anything other than straight the **** golf by rules given by RnA or USGA, it needs a rules card on each of the carts. People will get confused. I do put at least 80% of this on the TD

huzzdog

retired
if its anything other than straight the **** golf by rules given by RnA or USGA, it needs a rules card on each of the carts. People will get confused. I do put at least 80% of this on the TD
i know.. the director is the owners son... he didn't want to toss us because he felt responsible. i just figured bowing out was the right move. i didn't see how it ended.. but i also bet 2 other teams and they finished 2 and 3. hope i won like 50 bucks back or something

Joker

my club did that earlier this year. on the tee sheet they emailed out they had me on the black tees. my handicap always has me on the blues.

When I check in one of the pros corrects it and tells me to play the blues. scorecard says blue tees. I'm out warming up on the range and one of the other pros drives up and reminds me to play the blue tees. I get to the 1st tee and the 3rd pro drives by and reminds me to play from the blue tees.

huzzdog

retired
my club did that earlier this year. on the tee sheet they emailed out they had me on the black tees. my handicap always has me on the blues.

When I check in one of the pros corrects it and tells me to play the blues. scorecard says blue tees. I'm out warming up on the range and one of the other pros drives up and reminds me to play the blue tees. I get to the 1st tee and the 3rd pro drives by and reminds me to play from the blue tees.
our pro resigned 3 weeks ago, and 1 of the assistant pros left days later. i figure that is part of the issue. ****ty thing is i played as well as i have in months. i shot 1 over on the last nine sunday when it was better ball.

Country469

Something must be up at Huzzdog Country Club Aye

pros resigning is not a good look, hopefully the super and greens keeper dont

huzzdog

retired
Something must be up at Huzzdog Country Club Aye

pros resigning is not a good look, hopefully the super and greens keeper dont
nah.. the guy who runs the property is a lifer.. he's awesome too. the conditions are the best they've ever been. greens were lightning for the event. it was the pro's first year here.. and his 3rd club in 3 years. i don't think he is cut out to deal with the owner.

Country469

Im off wed and heading up to dc area for an outing on the company

$105 on the weekends and my club was in better shape last year. Makes you really wonder.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
So I showed up to play on vacation last week and the front nine was closed so we had to play the back nine twice. They had also just aerated and sanded the greens. I shot an 82 and missed 3 putts within 2-3 feet. Putting on sand sucks. Still had a great time. The course also used to have 27 holes but they closed nine and are back to 18. None of that has been updated in The Grint yet so I now have some 9 hole handicap scores.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
it said you shot 77 for a hot minute there.

I had never seen greens sanded like that till I played down there.

Yeah. I wasn't sure how to add just the back nine. So I started a round and just added scores for the back nine but it auto scored me at par for the front. I had to Google to figure out you could add in a 9 hole score. The sand is tough to putt on for sure.

We also got to use a 4 seater golf cart which is cool in theory but makes your round much longer when you have to drive to everyone's ball.

Country469

Yeah that 4 seater would be a hard pass for me for sure and the cart fee should be considerably less.

sat am the course got 80 bucks outa us simply for a cart. Nice beer mark up there.

huzzdog

retired
a four seater seems like it would slow things way down.. no thanks. my course uses micro punches on the greens and sands them too. i'm sure it'll be this week since the member guest is over

Country469

Single person carts, you could play a 6 some faster than a 3 some in 2 carts if you had the right guys.

I prefer being solo in the cart, for speed, and so my playing partner aint scavenging off my weeds

huzzdog

retired
Single person carts, you could play a 6 some faster than a 3 some in 2 carts if you had the right guys.

I prefer being solo in the cart, for speed, and so my playing partner aint scavenging off my weeds
i don't mind sharing the weeds... it's a social event

Country469

also if anyone of you are wondering im bsically divorcing my current golf group to marry another that is more adult and betterr