New Rawlings HOH Custom in Golden Brown

mvfjet

Part Time Player
Nice. The builder doesn't do that leather justice. I'm intrigued by the split black welting. I love split welting, now I'm imagining black split on a glove with royal accents like MPK posted. Mmmmm

Honestly I didn't know there was a black split welting option until I went through my build one last time last night and found it. I definitely like the split welting for durability. My stock A2000 has rolled welting and it's looking like crap after only a few games of playing infield.

My runner up build is all black leather with royal everything else. Something about the black and blue combo really pops.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200317-221215.jpg
    Screenshot_20200317-221215.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 29

mpk

Extra Hitter
Not to thread hijack but here's the mock up. I sent Chad the payment. I went mod trap loop to try something different and I think it'll add some more black contrast with the medium. brown I think my last 3 gloves have all been H web. Thanks to @mpk for posting these top notch pictures in helping me finalize my decision on leather color.

Nice. Pics will definitely be in order.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Honestly I didn't know there was a black split welting option until I went through my build one last time last night and found it. I definitely like the split welting for durability. My stock A2000 has rolled welting and it's looking like crap after only a few games of playing infield.

My runner up build is all black leather with royal everything else. Something about the black and blue combo really pops.
I F'n WISH Wilson had split welting option on the builder.

mpk

Extra Hitter
I F'n WISH Wilson had split welting option on the builder.
Wilson could get a bunch of business if they offered split welt in their customs. Right now, Rawlings only offers split gray and split black. Clearly, Wilson has the capacity to offer tone on tone split welt based on the OG and saddle tan SBF SP125s. Do it already!

jkwoody22

League ball huer
My old brown 1799 had gray, they can do it if they wanted, I think their target market share is all the crazy color combos, super skin etc vs the traditional looks, it’s nice that chad can get these companies to make these exclusives gloves for the traditionalists
39B141BE-D413-41BD-8EC4-B3E6CB847E88.jpeg

mpk

Extra Hitter
You going to use the pecard glove conditioner on your son's glove? Just wondering how much it'll darken it.

I'm sending Chad the payment for my custom pro208 in GB. I'm going black lace, black split welting, red embroidery and black patches with red. This will be my first custom but I have a feeling it won't be my last.

The Pecard stuff darkens leather a little but not as much in some other conditioners.

For my son's glove I'll probably use Wilson pro stock. It's been real good on other gloves I've had and it's easy to work with. I'm pretty sure it will darken the leather but I'm ok with that. Junior's glove is going to be a high use glove - getting used 3-4 times per week and riding around in his bag so there's no sense keeping it pristine. I think the tint from the pro stock will look good in the end.

mpk

Extra Hitter
My old brown 1799 had gray, they can do it if they wanted, I think their target market share is all the crazy color combos, super skin etc vs the traditional looks, it’s nice that chad can get these companies to make these exclusives gloves for the traditionalists
View attachment 62498

Agreed. The target market is all the crazy color combos. Just look at all the glove of the month gloves. Good on Chad for sticking up for all the traditionalists.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Wilson could get a bunch of business if they offered split welt in their customs. Right now, Rawlings only offers split gray and split black. Clearly, Wilson has the capacity to offer tone on tone split welt based on the OG and saddle tan SBF SP125s. Do it already!

View attachment 62498

I think Chad may have mentioned that one of the head honchos over at Wilson hates split welting. It's weird because their pro issues have it.

mpk

Extra Hitter
Ok, a few more pics while it's still pristine. The break in process starts tonight.

Brought my DMS pro1000 in JTan along for this photo shoot for another comparison point. It's well used and has had several coats of conditioner, darkening it's leather significantly.

MPK_2445.JPG
MPK_2447.JPG

MPK_2459.JPG
MPK_2453.JPG
MPK_2456.JPG

Last one is for @ANNASDAD. It's my only orange vehicle!
MPK_2442.JPG

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Ok, a few more pics while it's still pristine. The break in process starts tonight.

Brought my DMS pro1000 in JTan along for this photo shoot for another comparison point. It's well used and has had several coats of conditioner, darkening it's leather significantly.

View attachment 62513
View attachment 62514

View attachment 62517
View attachment 62515
View attachment 62516

Last one is for @ANNASDAD. It's my only orange vehicle!
View attachment 62518
Fantastic photos Mike, that first one should be in a Rawlings calendar! I’ve always heard Kubota tractor owners are more attached & fanatical than 69 Z/28 owners ever were!?

mpk

Extra Hitter
Fantastic photos Mike, that first one should be in a Rawlings calendar! I’ve always heard Kubota tractor owners are more attached & fanatical than 69 Z/28 owners ever were!?

They really are fantastic tractors. For the compact utility tractor class there's none better. Green paint for some reason costs a lot more than orange and JD doesn't even make their compact utility tractors themselves! Kubota makes all their own stuff, engines and all. Had mine for 10 years and no regrets.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
That's a great looking 1799!

It was such a nice color way, I sold it to a buddy after a year of use smh and bought the blonde one they released, the first game he took it out it was stolen, I dont see many come up for sale used at all

Reactions: mpk

NYC

Swag on 100.
It was such a nice color way, I sold it to a buddy after a year of use smh and bought the blonde one they released, the first game he took it out it was stolen, I dont see many come up for sale used at all
how do all these gloves get stolen? by teammates?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Ghetto park and placed it the end of the bench which was an open dugout, stupid crime of opportunity, he had a cheap glove before and didn’t really think about it, walked in from third, set it down, went to hit came back and it was gone, this particular park has some homeless peeps and woodsie areas behind the of, people always riding bikes around, he assumed that’s what happened, it has happened that way many times to others there, just careless

Mpalm18

Just put this 3030 in with Chad. Super pumped. Going without the split gray welt that all of you guys love, but I’m hoping this is gonna come out as an oversized slightly-darker-than-Horween Nado look. Will post pics when it comes in EEB039CB-89DC-4316-B5F8-30F55194FDD9.jpeg

NYC

Swag on 100.
Just put this 3030 in with Chad. Super pumped. Going without the split gray welt that all of you guys love, but I’m hoping this is gonna come out as an oversized slightly-darker-than-Horween Nado look. Will post pics when it comes in View attachment 62528
nice the palm pad should keep the pocket un-wrinkled lol. have you ever tried the 13 inch 303?

Mpalm18

nice the palm pad should keep the pocket un-wrinkled lol. have you ever tried the 13 inch 303?
Yeah, my first custom from a few years back is a 3030-4 (mod trap) that I love. Going with the H-web on this one though hoping it’ll be bigger/deeper as many have stated H-webs to be compared to mod traps

NYC

Swag on 100.
Yeah, my first custom from a few years back is a 3030-4 (mod trap) that I love. Going with the H-web on this one though hoping it’ll be bigger/deeper as many have stated H-webs to be compared to mod traps
Carlos-Gonzalez-Rawlings-HOH-PRO303-6TI.png

jkwoody22

League ball huer
That pic was from when I got it in the fall, I did wet it and tucked it under the web, it did straighten some then wrapped a ball in it for a couple of days making sure all the laces where flat, it’s good now

mpk

Extra Hitter
Just put this 3030 in with Chad. Super pumped. Going without the split gray welt that all of you guys love, but I’m hoping this is gonna come out as an oversized slightly-darker-than-Horween Nado look. Will post pics when it comes in View attachment 62528

Nice. Very classy looking glove here. Love the black embroidery. Make sure to post some pics so we can all check it out.