Recent content by CTGlove

1. C

Hitting Coach - Northeast/New England

Anyone know of any hitting coaches in the Northeast/New England area? Thanks
  2. C

Good cleats

What does this even mean? Why are cleats “bad”? They are worn by every HS, College, and Pro.
  3. C

Baseball/Softball Pants v. Sweatpants

I typically wear shorts to play. However, in the colder months or for tournaments (when I may have to slide) I’ll switch to pants. Any real advantage of wearing traditional baseball pants as opposed to sweats?
  4. C

Wood Bats

Isn’t it the same for everyone since it’s the same ball?
  5. C

Wood Bats

Worth stopped selling wood slowpitch bats.
  6. C

Wood Bats

Interesting. The balls seem to fly off the Corndog more than other bats. Maybe not.
  7. C

Wood Bats

Is there a big difference between various ASA approved wood bats? I’m in a wood bat league where you can use the Dimarini Corndog, but not sure if it’s that much better than a regular ASA approved wood bat. Any thoughts?
  8. C

Storing Glove

How does everyone store their glove in the off-season and between games? I’ve been putting a rod between the thumb and pinky to keep the glove open and a glove mallet pressed again the pocket. Probably overkill but it has kept a deep pocket.
  9. C

Batting glove under fielding glove

Thanks. What glove cream do you use? Do you condition the inside?
  10. C

Batting glove under fielding glove

Do you wear a batting glove under your fielding glove? I have read that sweat from your hand will erode the leather (inside of the glove). Any truth behind this?
  11. C

13 or 14 inch Glove

Makes sense. Bigger isn’t always better.
  12. C

13 or 14 inch Glove

I had a first base glove. I ended up selling it as I didn’t really notice a difference. I just wear a padded glove from Palmgard - if playing first. Thanks J
  13. C

13 or 14 inch Glove

I have a 13 Inch Glove (Rawlings Liberty). Glove is perfect (got it custom through D*cks & ended up only costing me $70). No complaints. I play outfield and first base. Will a 14 inch glove make a noticeable difference or am I wasting money for no reason? Thanks