Recent content by dbantz

1. D

2016 DC-41 vs Freak Black Endload

What he said.
  2. D

Slipped under the radar?

I get more distance with a sonic than any other bat I own including the miken line. The end load keeps me from gaming it all the time. Supposedly the new line super Z has the same barrel as the sonic but with a lighter end load. Can't wait to try it.
  3. D

2016 Mikens compression test

My 28oz Freak Black Balanced was 275 all around niw, and just tested it yesterday after 1-150 swings and it was 245-250.
  4. D

Price Check Og z2000 niw 28 oz.

If it still has a valid receipt, it probably came from the mystery pallet of them that was found last year and were all over the bay. My best guess would be maybe 180?
  5. D

What does it cost for your league entry?

Muncie, Indiana NSA league. 375 for 10 games (2 a week) with a single elim tourney at the end. Early bird special 275 per session.
  6. D

Psycho question

Same here, I keep trying to make myself a two piece guy for the instant performance most of them have, but I always end up favoring a one piece instead. When it's all said and done, every bat is as hot as the next. Some just take longer to get there.
  7. D

Which 2 piece...

Honestly, none of them. All the 2 piece barrels feel much softer.
  8. D

Psycho question

I'm liking this year's psycho 1pc a lot. Tests right at 300 in the wrapper compared to 250-275, but breaks in quick and is comparable to the 2pc miken line. Just take a little longer.
  9. D

Any updates on anything new coming out

I'm not a rep, but from multiple people the composite is different on all of them except for the Backman and the solo z. Supposedly they are using the sonic+ composite on the z4 and the Super Z this year. The Backman is still using the pure 360
  10. D

2016 Freak Black Balanced

I've got this year's Psycho, Dc-41, freak black maxload, and freak black balanced. In my opinion based off previous year's models, the Psycho and Dc-41 feel right at 1oz, the freak black maxload feels somewhere in between .5oz and 1oz, and the freak black balanced feels pretty balanced, but may...
  11. D

Any updates on anything new coming out

Anyone have any idea what the endload is gonna be on the Solo z? Anxiously waiting on release if it's less than the Sonic+ which I'm guessing is 1.5oz plus.
  12. D

2016 Freak Black Balanced

The maxload is only a half ounce end load. Miken doesn't make massive end load anymore. I think 1oz is the most now.
  13. D

2016 Freak Black Balanced or 2015 4TF???

I have all the new line Miken's excluding the 12 inch barrels and no way is the DC end load that heavy. My 1pc psycho, dc41, and freak black max load all have the same balance points with the table test and all end loads feel the same. Balanced black does feel similar to last year's max...
  14. D

2016 Freak Black Max balance point

That's interesting that your balanced black is .4 ounces over and my freak black maxload is .4 ounces under. My 28 is barely an ounce over your 26.
  15. D

Limited Edition Helmer

My first slowpitch bat was a scn16bh and it was the worst bat I've ever owned. Other than that I agree with all of the other one's that I've swung.