Which 2 piece...

Hit1Far5

Addicted to Softballfans
Which 2 pc. Miken swings most like a 1 piece bat? I love the Izzy Psycho but would like to try a 2 pc. bat, and I can feel the handle flex on every one that I've tried :mad::mad::mad:

lx_2nv

Coach
My buddy was a big one piece psycho fan and he loves the DC and Freak 30. No, they don't swing like a 1 pc but for me they are the best 2 pc bats i have swung.

Which 2 pc. Miken swings most like a 1 piece bat? I love the Izzy Psycho but would like to try a 2 pc. bat, and I can feel the handle flex on every one that I've tried :mad::mad::mad:

Last years black DC isn't very "whippy" as two pc bats go. That and the z2000 are the only 2 pc bats ive owned myself and I can't put the DC down. Get one and take a decent amount of bp and you won't notice it anymore regardless of which bat you choose.

Also, if you have swung a well broken in izzy one pc utrip than these newer mikens won't feel that soft to you. The izzy gets extremely soft after a while.

Hit1Far5

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't mind the soft barrel, it's the handle flex that I hate. I tried the first DC-41 (white) and didn't like it. Do all Miken 2 pc. have the same handle flex or are some stiffer (less whippy) than others?

wcoastsoftball

I was a 1-pc Psycho only user until I swung the 2-pc Psycho. I don't notice whip/flex (which I hate as well and kept me from using 2-pc since they dropped) in the 2-pc psycho or the red knob DC. Still reluctant to try any other model or brand of 2-pc though.

THESHOE

Starting Player
My opinion is Freak Black.

Why?

Because less end load leads to less handle flex.

Short barrel Freak 12 I found to develop and be more prone to handle flex with time.

DC and heavier EL, while not as bad as the short barrel version, will flex a bit more than the 1/2oz EL version.

Barrel wise I always found the Psycho as soft as the 2pc. It's the handle flex and 2pc design that tricks the hands to think it is softer, but it really isn't.

At least that's my take on it.

I hate flex, so while I still own a Freak 12 I am moving onto CL22's and a Nighthawk this year for a more consistently tight handle for the life of the bat.

Dan411

Star Player
My opinion is Freak Black.

Why?

Because less end load leads to less handle flex.

Short barrel Freak 12 I found to develop and be more prone to handle flex with time.

DC and heavier EL, while not as bad as the short barrel version, will flex a bit more than the 1/2oz EL version.

Barrel wise I always found the Psycho as soft as the 2pc. It's the handle flex and 2pc design that tricks the hands to think it is softer, but it really isn't.

At least that's my take on it.

I hate flex, so while I still own a Freak 12 I am moving onto CL22's and a Nighthawk this year for a more consistently tight handle for the life of the bat.

I am experiencing the same thing with my Freak 30. It's got around 250 hits now, and I can feel that handle flex. I don't feel it as much with my white DC.

Hit1Far5

Addicted to Softballfans
The white DC that I used was well broken in, so that is probably why the handle was so flexy. I like a soft barrel, heavy endload, and a stiff handle.....so should I just stay with a 1 pc. bat, or which 2 piece would be best?
Thanks

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
The white DC that I used was well broken in, so that is probably why the handle was so flexy. I like a soft barrel, heavy endload, and a stiff handle.....so should I just stay with a 1 pc. bat, or which 2 piece would be best?
Thanks

Welp, u just described the D 2 E 2-piece psycho to me! Has a good endload, soft barrel, and stiff handle. Also the RI DC41 feels just like the 2 piece psycho to me as well.... So save $200 or so bucks and buy one of them and then let the magic happen!!