Recent content by heycal

1. H

cold weather socks and gloves?

Any recommendations for good socks to wear in the cold? And any gloves? Either to throw with and/or wear on my hand under my mitt.
  2. H

Probably redundant 1st base mitt help thread

I Thanks so much for the offer. Very kind of you. I am going to continue using the Worth for awhile more and see how it feels over time. So true. I am a bit self-conscious when I trot out to first with my GIANT Worth first baseman's mitt!
  3. H

A non-first baseman's mitt. Oh my!
  4. H

Ah, a fellow first basemen... What glove do you use? I, of course, worry that the DCT would be too small for me as well, just as I worry that the 13" guys are too big:) Perhaps it's ultimately 'a six of one, half dozen of the other' situation when it comes to results -- the smaller glove helps...
  5. H

HOH or PP Custom. Leather and Pattern Help. TIA!

What about non-custom gloves? A stock PP v. a stock HOH? Are you saying they weigh the same, or one is heavier than the other?
  6. H

HOH or PP Custom. Leather and Pattern Help. TIA!

Nice video. Interesting that you say Heart of the Hide is lighter weight than the Pro Preferred, but a couple of websites say the Pro Preferred is lighter than HOH. Who to believe??
  7. H

Taking a look at the Rawlings HOH 13" mitt, and now the Gloveworks 13.25 sample that Davis sent me. The HOH is 2 oz heavier than the Worth, but does look and feel a bit more compact as Rous suggested. Nice enough fit. The Gloveworks is pleasantly surprisingly lighter than my Worth (just under...
  8. H

That's a good price for this glove, is it? Is it a heavy glove? One of the things I like about the Worth is it's relative lightness, just under 24 oz. The HOH's I've seen at the store seem light as well, whereas is the GG Elite was a bit heavy feeling. How does this glove compare in quality to...
  9. H

Yes, sir, this baby is no midget. Wide and tall. I'm thinking the ideal mitt would be a tad smaller in both width and height.
  10. H

Couldn't find this exact one. Is it similar to the Easton Professional 12.75 hybrid series? I saw that one, which has PCH K70 stamped on it, and appears to have that DCT style.
  11. H

First Base Mitts

That makes sense.
  12. H

I like how it closes around the ball and swallows it up. And I can understand how you might prefer the better control of the shorter glove. I think about that issue too. You may be right -- It's a bit more compact in width and length than the Worth you said? It looks like the Steerhide would...
  13. H

Behold the Mighty Worth: Note the daylight on either side of the ball here in this last attached photo. And no, that's not a ping pong ball I'm trying to pass off as a softball -- that's a genuine 12" Clincher, folks!
  14. H

When I look at the photo, I see a ball in a shallow pocket -- at least compared to my present glove. When I see a shallow pocket like that I have visions of a ball popping out... Ask someone in my league for a tip? A play co-ed and over 55 league. And these are normal people, not gear heads...
  15. H

We got along fine without cell phones too, and now look at us!