Recent content by IMD28

1. I

Anyone else take a shot off their rip it mask?

Maybe it's an older model? I have a couple of them including one I bought this year (the Legit one) and neither have straps. They just have the dial at the back to set how tight you want it. I don't think I'd want to have straps either.
  2. I

Anyone else take a shot off their rip it mask?

Worth helmets don't have chin straps and just slip on and off.
  3. I

Knob fell off

The Triads were the same as the DC and 4TF. They didn't have the pins but the newer Mikens/Worths do.
  4. I

How to keep bats available in colder weather

Just swing away. We play even when it's snowing and I don't change up bats at all. A lot of guys are nervous about it so many will swing my bats too and I have never had an issue.
  5. I

What is the difference between the 2014, 2015 & 2016 DC41's?

They can't seem to get rid of the '15s at retailers here. They keep having to mark them down which is not something we saw with the OG or RI.
  6. I

What is the difference between the 2014, 2015 & 2016 DC41's?

The 2015 never caught on the way the others have. It seemed to have a heavier endload and swing like a sledge. Most that I have talked to would rank them 2014, then RI, then this year (Camo), then the black one from 2015.
  7. I

Miken DC41 - Knob issues

2 part marine epoxy and you shouldn't have any more issues. I had it happen to a 4TF and this solved the issue. It is quite common with that year for Miken.
  8. I

The heartbreak.....

Just practice in the snow....aint got time to wait around for summer!! lol We played in that first tourny at SPC....the one with the blizzard. Had to be sure not to take my eye off the ball at all while playing 3B or I wouldn't be able to see it again. Balls into the OF would die quickly...
  9. I

If you could only have 1 Miken in your bag...

4TF because I swing balanced.
  10. I

Who would be interested in wood bats and good balls again?

I play in a wood bat league and it sure is a humbling experience for many guys. It is a great place for guys to learn to play the game because the bat won't bail you out from a bad swing. Then you put a composite bat in the guy'a hands after he is hitting the ball hard with a wooden bat and...
  11. I

LS Newb question

I don't think the Super Z's have a reputation yet for being better than the other Z's (too new to really know). The OG Z2K's, Z2K+ and Z4K+ are all LS2X composite which most have found superior to the Pure 360 used in the RI, Z3K, and regular Z4K models. The + model of the Z2K just has...
  12. I

Looking for review on Miken Icon vs. Freak Black utrip

According to the specs it appears to be a different composite than the Psycho. Had one arrive in the mail today for a buddy and we will be hitting it in the cages tonight. Always hard to tell hitting inside but still looking forward to swinging it.
  13. I

Price Check 27.5 Z2000+ Endload

The bat he is asking about is the Z2K+ (as stated in the title) which was an exclusive production and brings more than the other Z2K models. Like an OG but extra .5 oz and limited production. Still tough without pics though.
  14. I

Pickup player horror stories

Guy knows he sucks, guy does team a favour, coach, who also knew guy sucks, freaks when player who sucks, sucks. Guy who sucks says suck it.
  15. I

Pickup player horror stories

More on the topic of don't be a **** to your last second pickups, my brother got picked up last minute by a team who just needed a body to be able to play. The only time he played any sort of ball was just hitting some bp for fun with me (oh, and teeball where he stormed off the field for being...