Recent content by JackoDaddy5

1. J

Infield range

Definitely the most range at 2b. Smartest person who can fun the infield and communicate with the pitcher, but must also have the double play ability at the MI. Treat the SS like a rangey 3b. He should have the best arm in the infield. 3b should be the guy who can knock a ball down and throw...
  2. J

Pitched ball bounces, hit back into fair territory. Called dead and a strike ?

Nowhere. Citation please that him ‘starting his swing is enough to call a strike? I feel like there is a middle ground. If there is the ability to ‘check’ your swing, then I don’t feel like ‘starting the swing’ is enough criteria to call a strike. Therefore, some type of criteria that would be...
  3. J

We are having a decent conversation here. I'm not playing semantic bs. I'm being completely real. If the ball is 2 inches from the ground, and the batter 'starts his swing', are you going to call a strike? No, and I think NCASA said that. But, if you started it when the ball was 2 feet from the...
  4. J

This isn't true either though, he 'started his swing' is not the same as 'he swung at the ball'.
  5. J

I do agree that if he had 'completed' his swing, before the ball had hit the ground, it would indeed be a strike. Right? Once the offering is complete. But, I cannot see how it can be called a strike if the bat hasn't already passed the zone of contacting the ball. I'd relate it to perhaps like...
  6. J

Right, I agree with you there. But my thought was that the batter, nor ball, did anything that would constitute calling it a strike. The ball didn’t cross the strike zone, the batter didnt offer at the ball and miss which would constitute a strike call, it wasn’t hit foul (since it was dead...
  7. J

This has me questioning things. As SOON as the ball hits the ground, it's a dead ball... You can't swing, nor hit, nor even attempt to swing at a dead ball, because it's dead... Yeah? My thought process says that if it's dead, it doesn't matter if he was swinging, because the ball becomes dead...
  8. J

Wilson fastpitch, or 1781

Update: I got a local guy that can get me a deal on the Wilson gloveline. I'm going to roll the dice on the Wilson Fastpitch H12. Everything I've seen, researched, looked at, says it should work. Same leather as the normal A2000 line, sider palm opening for softballs, tighter finger stalls...
  9. J

I have never seen that PF92 model before... I was looking at a custom 44 glove with the laced single post web. I like that model a lot...This is almost everything else that I want, with the SS, but 12.25 instead of 12.5, which I think I can live with since I usually use the 11.75. I'll look...
  10. J

I'm going to do a little more research on the 44 line of gloves, and see if a custom might work out for me. But, if not, I think this looks like the way to go. I appreciate it. I just don't feel like it would be hard for Wilson, Rawlings, whoever, to offer their glove models, with a different...
  11. J

I found it.....I kept selecting softball pattern like a dumbass. Once I went baseball, it worked out better. Does anybody have any experience with the 44pro gloves? They have a softball option. I haven't ever seen one in person.
  12. J

I did like this. Unfortunately....I suck at the Rawlings custom glove builder... I had a hell of a time finding a pattern that allowed the option to add a single post, or I-web. How big is this one? I know a lot of the people that I play with use the Liberty Advanced, and seem to love them. I'm...
  13. J

I close thumb to middle. I prefer the shallower pocket closure.
  14. J

It’s true, I don’t love the dual post H-web. I like the single post options, I web whatever they call it (depending on brand), kinda even growing on that modified trap like the Gio. My lesbian toward the Wilson is I do indeed like the superskin. Maybe I’ll have to start looking at some of the...
  15. J

While I don't doubt your knowledge....I've never gamed a Rawlings, never even owned one, and am not a fan of that web. The combo of all of those means I'd be too dicey to just pull the trigger on it :/