Recent content by jtdiamond

1. jtdiamond

LTB A2K/A2000 PI Wilson 1799 / 13" Rawlings PP/HOH

Please text me at 239.207.5746 with what you've got!
  2. jtdiamond

Advice on second base pattern.

HAH! Yes, of course. I am reacting to your "No one, and I repeat, no one, worth a **** in slow pitch softball uses a 4 man outfield anymore." I wanted to make sure our team defense made sense given your certainty. And I think the difference is the fence.
  3. jtdiamond

I think the fence is the most important piece. Without a fence it's just too easy to either hit it over, or in front of, OFers. I was trying to map this in my head. You'd have to play at least 240 to stop triples and HRs and that means there's about 155 feet between the third baseman and the LFer.
  4. jtdiamond

For Sale SOLD PROJD, PRO1000-SBF

Price Drop Bump
  5. jtdiamond

Sorry. I should have asked: is there a limit to how many "inside the park" home runs that can be hit. What I find interesting is that, implicitly, the extra infielder suggests it is easier to hit the ball through one of the holes than it is to hit a soft line drive. I feel like I can pull...
  6. jtdiamond

Is there a home run limit? Why only 2-3 triples and HRs per game?
  7. jtdiamond

Maybe it's because the field we play on most often has no fence but three people can't cover moon shots and texas leaguers. We catch a lot of would be triples and come runs with that extra outfielder. And, on those gappers, we often save a base by having an additional person out there. Do you...
  8. jtdiamond

This is really interesting! None of my teams play 5 man. Maybe it's the nature of the league but almost all outs are fly balls to the outfield. Having another infielder we would yield way more runs.
  9. jtdiamond

Because this thread has split -- I'd like to add the following question: where do your team's second basemen usually play? My favorite team has been playing around with defensive formations and curious about shifts and other maneuvers.
  10. jtdiamond

I'd say the patterns are similar. Less than basically identical; more than a passing resemblance. The JD pattern is not quite as long with a more substantial thumb. JD Closes thumb to ring / thumb to pinky (vs thumb to ring / thumb to middle of the PRO1000) and the pocket it not quite as wide...
  11. jtdiamond

I would just like to second ANNASDAD regarding closure of the NPs. They have an extra notch in the heel which tends to make them break in thumb to middle finger (and be a little flatter through the pocket). So: I prefer the NP for the double play exchange and the 20X models for overall game...
  12. jtdiamond

Hello! Selling a NWT Pro Issue 13' PROJD-6DSPRO PROJD-6DSPRO - SOLD PRO1000-SBF - SOLD Make an offer! Trying to sell to order a custom. Thanks, Joel
  13. jtdiamond

Need advice for a new glove

I might also check out a Wilson 1799 (as is often referenced here it has a very large hand stall). I will just note that the NP7 (and my PRO1000) has an extra notch in the heel by the pinky and tends to break in closer to thumb to middle than thumb to pinky. Obviously, you can control break in...
  14. jtdiamond

Need advice for a new glove

Definitely personal preference, but, I'll share mine: I play 3B in a good men's league with predominantly right handed batters (which ends up feeling like goalie). So I feel like the average play is either a rocket or a pop up that the batter missed. Assuming I catch the ball I feel like I...
  15. jtdiamond

Rawlings 12.5" model differences?

Did you guys end up ordering 12.5s? Love to hear how the results turn(ed) out!