Recent content by LBDirtbag

1. LBDirtbag

I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

Ahhh Monsta. Seemingly good products, terrible business acumen. I'll share my Monsta story, although it doesn't really apply to customer service per se. Not too long ago I found a minty Monsta bat that someone left behind at a local field that I BP at from time to time. This isn't a field...
  2. LBDirtbag

LS Warranty Return

Sent in my Z3k about 10 days ago for warranty return. They had me ship it to Hillsboro, OR which I believe is a Demarini facility. The Z4 they sent me back came from Amer Sports in Nashville. Not sure if they have different facilities for returns by region or not.
  3. LBDirtbag

11" Worth Green Dot Extra softball.....

Directly from the worth site: ASA .44 COR 375 Compression Poly-X Core ProTac Cover
  4. LBDirtbag

500+ foot shots

Jose Canseco getting reckless on twitter right now after watching these videos....
  5. LBDirtbag

LS cushioned bat grip

Adidas pro tack grip or the Easton VRS grip are probably the closest to the LS in terms of cushion.
  6. LBDirtbag

3 Metals to Compare

Single wall only league.
  7. LBDirtbag

3 Metals to Compare

Playing in a metal only league and have 3 bats to choose from. Not really knowledgable on the 3 our team has. Of the bats listed below, is one of them a clear standout? How would you rank them top to bottom? League generally uses a crappy .44/375 MacGregor x100, but that can change week to...
  8. LBDirtbag

Walk the box advice...

Again it has much less to do with timing than it does plate coverage. The strike zone is the plate plus the mat extension. You can see that these guys are starting with their back foot even/behind the mat and moving forward to cover pitches coming in at a steep angle towards on the plate...
  9. LBDirtbag

Walk the box advice...

I play a ton of unlimited arc and the best hitters can all walk the box. That's not to say they do it every at bat, but covering the plate/mat extension against legit unlimited pitchers is so much easier when you can walk the box effectively and take away the short pitches. Conversely, it...
  10. LBDirtbag

Batting tees for Softball?

Here, build yourself a cheap tee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-cTSc8zHs Then go to Craigslist and find a cheap 7x7net that people are always looking to dump.
  11. LBDirtbag

got dropped like a bad habit turning 2 last night.

It almost looks like the runner was trying to grab ahold of the 2nd baseman to avoid falling over. I see that happen quite a lot when guys are hustling into the bag and don't slide, although it's not often accompanied with malicious intent. In any event, both players handled that situation poorly.
  12. LBDirtbag

got dropped like a bad habit turning 2 last night.

No slide or avoid rule in league?
  13. LBDirtbag

Played against the dreaded 40/275 ball yesterday

These balls really aren't as bad as some are making them out to be. To my knowledge, Dudley supplies these to SCMAF exclusively and I've never seen or played with another version of the 40/275. While these may not fly like 52/300s or 44/375s, they certainly do not feel like hitting pillows...
  14. LBDirtbag

tape

I think you're looking for Andover Powerflex. You don't need pre-wrap with it.
  15. LBDirtbag

.44 .375 vs .40 .275

.40/275 is used all over southern california and sucks compared to the .44/375 in warm weather, however, its not all that bad in colder temps. The new ASA DeMarinis make the .40/275s feel less spongy in the heat though.