Recent content by mike88047

1. M

tangible improvements in hitting...

I love a good slump-busting conversation so here's my 2 cents. The biggest thing that killed me last year in softball (ASA) was pop ups. So this off season my big focus has been eliminating pop-ups from my game. The adjustment that I made to accomplish this was focusing more on hitting the...
  2. M

2016 Last AB Thread

Opposite field line drive into left field for a single. I went 3-3 but we still got smothered :(
  3. M

2016 Last AB Thread

RBI Single deep down the right field line. Had a slow runner on in front of me :(
  4. M

2016 Last AB Thread

Line drive up the middle for a single.
  5. M

How many home runs will you hit this year

Which makes it perfect for a slap hitter such as myself
  6. M

Just bought a lightly used 2016 Demarini Mercy so I will upgrade my home run total to 1. It will be judy-slap line drive into the LC gap for an inside the park HR and include at least 1 throwing error. :cool:
  7. M

Over thinking batting order

I play Co-ed so I'm not 100% sure if all this will apply to your team. Our league has a 12 player roster limit with a requirement for at least 3 women in the field and lineup (MMFMMFMMFMMM). Given these rules we bat our Best all around hitter second. We bat our second best all around hitter...
  8. M

0, too busy taking walks and judy slapping lol
  9. M

What's the best device for measuring bat speed?

Zepp Sensor. I got one for Christmas and have taken a couple hundred swings with it. It can very accurately measure your hand speed and your bat speed upon impact.
  10. M

Member/Players average age.

26 and plan on playing for as long I want.
  11. M

Your favorite workout

My favorite softball related work out is using a weight sled once a week. It has really helped me improve my speed and accceleration. As far as routine goes, lift 4 days a week, run 4 miles 2 days a week, cages on the day before game.
  12. M

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Opposite field line drive to left, but got myself wiped off the bases with a base running error.
  13. M

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Struck out swinging on a full count pitch. I let my nerves get the best of me and swung at a pitch way outside of the strike zone. The pitcher did not throw many strikes. I walked in my other 3 plate appearances (2 of which were on 3 pitches).
  14. M

The Bear Necessities of Life

If I'm hot I'll try to avoid the cages completely unless my teammates want to go. If I'm cold I'll go once a week the day before game day.
  15. M

How do you kick someone off your league team

Be straight with him. Tell him that you like him, but his play is hurting the team. Ask him to join a less skilled team where he can get more playing time and develop his skills. Tell him that fulfilling this request will help demonstrate his commitment to improve to his skills. If he does...