Recent content by MonsterBash

1. M

Difference between AHD12SY and UHD12SY Worth Softballs?

Looking up the specs on these 2 softballs..as best I can tell the are both listed as .52/300..yet one is ASA and the other USSSA approved. I guess I'm trying to find out what the difference is between them? Any help? Thanks!
  2. M

Price check: J2 Flyswatter

Looking for a price check on a real nice (50ish swing) 26 Fly Swatter. Been sitting in my bag for years and probably gonna sell it Thanks!
  3. M

Any Your Interpenetration on this League Rule

This happened in our game last night...the call was obliviously wrong but it got me thinking on what the right call should be. It's basically an interpretation of a written league rule. The back story...there's a little 'marshy' area about 280' in right...and approaching right center. It...
  4. M

ASA How To Call an Illegal Pitch?

Is this from the ASA book? If so it would answer my question
  5. M

ASA How To Call an Illegal Pitch?

Last night in our ASA game the umpire (behind the plate) didn't have any verbal call out for an illegal pitch. Just the hand motion. I 'thought' I remember reading here that this method is 'legal' to call this way...but for obvious reasons...a verbal call out is preferred. So the...
  6. M

Pitch Selection...

Ironically I'm the backup pitcher on all my teams...thus I usually pitch at least once a week on average. Great idea here. Think I'll concentrate on making my decision to swing at about the top of the arc..or just on the decent regardless of the count. One thing i gotta disagree with...
  7. M

Pitch Selection...

Actually this makes since... I gotta sub in a coed game tomorrow. I'll concentrate on identifying a 'good' pitch earlier and see if that helps
  8. M

Pitch Selection...

Way to short
  9. M

Pitch Selection...

I'm actually extremely calm in the box (teehee). I notice in my last couple of games that as soon as I get that first strike...I tell my self I'm swing at the next pitch. I'm actually hitting very well this year so far since I scraped the 'I wanna be a power hitter.' I absolutely hate...
  10. M

Pitch Selection...

A habit I just can't seem to break... No matter how much live BP I take I just can't shake this problem. For some reason I make the decision to swing before the pitch is even in the air. I realized this season I was having this problem about 3 weeks ago. Now that I recognized the...
  11. M

What hold on the glove for various position?

Play SS and 3rd...really like the 2 in the pinky
  12. M

Swing Critique

I hear ya...I took BP on Sunday fro the first time this season. Timing..rotation...contact...everything sucked! Still too wet around here to put the tee up. Gonna hit the cages and try to figure it out. I spent a bunch of time on my swing last season and made some real progress...now it's...
  13. M

Need help convincing the girls.......

Our team voted Brew Crew... Almost embarrassed to show up next week
  14. M

Smart Move...Bush League? And a little Ask the Ump..Kinda long

Absolutely.. The first pitch, the lead off batter (Mashers) tried to hit the ss\3rd base hole. The Whiners SS made a great backhanded play...and even a better throw for an out. The 3rd batter (2nd male) tried to push the the ball through the right side. The girl at 2nd made a awesome diving...
  15. M

Smart Move...Bush League? And a little Ask the Ump..Kinda long

Lineup papers are turned into the ump at the beginning of the game. So it sounds like a major fail from the ump. But..if the ump allowed the 'line-up.' One could argue that it's legal cuz the ump allowed it in error? I have no horse in this race but, I'd very much like knowing the proper...