Recent content by PCMAY

1. PCMAY

ASA Dive or Dive

Thanks! I went searching and determined it was a league rule.
  2. PCMAY

ASA Dive or Dive

In our co-ed social league last night, we had two instances of diving (or sliding head first) into the base. The first instance was when a runner going to second did a good old fashion head first dive. The ball beat her to bag but my understanding is that she would have been out due to the head...
  3. PCMAY

co-ed

I started playing co-ed in Dallas a couple of years ago and as a pitcher, it took a while to get used to pitching the 11" ball. Even now, I do all my warm-up pitches with the small ball.
  4. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

Wow, can't win an softball forum argument so you resort to denigrating personal attacks. You most have been hell in debate class. :) RS, I think I have had enough fun at your expense and probably also owe you an apology. I am sorry for baiting you. I enjoy banter and rarely take it personally...
  5. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

You are so easy to bait that it becomes boring. lol I don't think the thread is going to get deleted unless a moderator does so. Almost half the posts on the thread are yours and have added no value. Have you considered not posting on the thread, so it can disappear off the page?
  6. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

RS, just push the "unwatch" link for this terrible thread. It's near the top right of the page. That way you won't be bothered by it.
  7. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

Good question, no it didn't deflect off the batter. I took a moment to read a few of RS' posts. Most of them seem to be attempts at banter and repartee (i.e. his last couple of posts), which I don't mind really. I enjoy verbal sparring on occasion. lol
  8. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

Then you won't have anything to complain about.
  9. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

Okay, I added a question to the original post? lol
  10. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

I umped for a number of years, but don't anymore. Most of the umps that read this should know the rule. But it is a good reminder. Particularly since the umps in our league have missed the call several times this year. Maybe one of them is a member of this forum and will read this post. :)
  11. PCMAY

Any It's Not A Foul

I was watching a game the other night and the batter hit a dribbler down 1st base line. The ball started out foul and the umpire immediately called it foul. However, before the catcher could get to the ball, it rolled over the chalk line a few inches into fair territory and stopped. I know it is...
  12. PCMAY

ASA Ball thrown out of play

We had that happen Monday night. We are still waiting on a ruling. :)
  13. PCMAY

I would but I fell asleep about half through it. :)
  14. PCMAY

Just a Umpire Courtesy Question

I was watching a recreational co-ed game last night and it was obvious that several of the players were inexperienced. Case in point, one lady made it to first safely. As she was waiting for the next batter to hit, she stepped off the base two or three feet and stayed there. The umpire didn't...
  15. PCMAY

So to put it simply, he get's the base he is going to plus one at the time of the throw.