Recent content by qwertle8

1. Q

Possible softball news

Covid is a tragedy but take all 100,000 and multiply by 10 to find out how many other deaths have occured in America so far this year, who are they, I don't know the media hasn't told me about them. In my state of Washington as of today 24,338 people have died with 1105 being listed as Covid.
  2. Q

Possible softball news

Here in the PNW its a phase 3 activity, not because of contact but because its in the gatherings of 5-50 people catagory. Two leagues have already cancelled the whole year, I have one league that is trying to start middle of June, have a feeling though best case will be sometime in July...
  3. Q

Coed action

Just delete alternating order and have last out, reguardless of gender, be the courtesy runner if someone needs to come off the bases to bat. With 5 players its hardly like you can stack the batting order, but if its really a concern just say the two women have to be split.
  4. Q

Hitting outside today

Looks like the Louisville Slugger Ultimate Pitching Machine https://www.ultimatepitchingmachine.com/x/home.php You can find the Blue one pretty cheap around, the Black one if you have baseball kids pitches about 55 mph along with being able to arc toss.
  5. Q

Any runner called out

Sounds like a bang bang play, really (for me) to get obstruction it would have to be the 1b making a body attempt to physically block the runner from coming back to the base or something as drastic as sitting on the base. Grayest area would be a big player standing with both feet on the base, I...
  6. Q

For Sale time to let go

Has shipping costs changed recently? I sent a bat to Hawaii a couple years ago and it was $15, no more cost than to Florida (I live in Washington State). Toronto Canada was about $10 more. Europe was silly expensive though. Have not shipped out of the lower 48 since then.
  7. Q

What's your call

It is not a premature call unless the ump made a verbal safe call (this is where Joker is saying you are wrong). The visual call is only to indicate that the attempted tag play failed to record an out. At this point the play is still alive waiting for the runner either to touch home and score...
  8. Q

Coed alignment question

That is the rule for 5 and 5 ball, not sure there is a specific rule for 6 and 4, how does the rule apply to a 7 and 3 league? As always it is all about enforcement, outside of a tournament I've never seen a team told they could not play 3 guys in the outfield, what is the penalty?
  9. Q

Coed alignment question

Some local "jock and jill" leagues require you to have a male/female combo at pitcher/catcher but those are league specific. Similar to the coed leagues that make guys bat opposite handed or with a short length bat on their power side. You tend to see these types of rules in "Rec Fun" leagues...
  10. Q

Batting avg. question???

That would just be an error and be recorded as such. Here is another possible situation... clean ground ball base hit between 3rd and SS, but slow runner on first and LF throws him out at 2nd base. Takes the hit away from the batter and makes it a fielders choice. LF was never going to throw...
  11. Q

Batting avg. question???

That is a fielders choice, despite it not being a force out play. Same as if there had of been only a runner at second and got tagged out trying to go to third, the fielder chose to get what they felt was the easier/more important out instead of trying to get the batter out directly. And better...
  12. Q

For Sale/Trade Resmondo asa sick

PM sent.
  13. Q

Vinci JBV-SB

Looking to pick up a RHT 1b mitt if anyone has one to move.
  14. Q

LTB Vinci JBV-SB

PM sent.
  15. Q

LTB Vinci JBV-SB

How much?