Recent content by SoftballChick86

1. S

most forgetful muscle people forget to roll over b4 workout

cables are good (cables are not a machine), I am talking about machines (anything that limits range of motion).
  2. S

I agree with primo..I like free range of motion, not limitations. I also dont like machines (except for seated row and lat pulldown) or smith machine. I like free weights. If you are using straps and belts to help your stability, you are not improving your stability. You are actually making it...
  3. S

a tear is different, I am talking about muscle knotts that are non-injury related. A tear, sprain, strain, fracture, etc...cannot be fixed through massaging. Just like when you sprain your ankle for example...you can only strengthen the muscles around it. Once a tear happens, it does not go back...
  4. S

umm yes flash cause I look things up on the internet all the time. people need to stop complaining of elbow pain and pain when gripping things and start massaging those forearms!
  5. S

The forearms! I think this muscle is the most forgetful muscle that people forgot to roll and then knotts build up, and they wonder why it hurts to grip things and they feel like they are weak. Your forearms are your gripping muscles. Even in my pilates class at school when we do foam rolling...
  6. S

Don't call it a comeback.

not my gym, everyone is working out at mine. It is $100 per month at my gym, so everyone is serious about working out. I am a member of the spectrum club
  7. S

Rehabbing an Ankle Sprain

Any of you guys that have had an ankle sprain and when you are feeling your ankle area with your hands (good ankle vs. bad ankle), do you guys notice any feel of bone position difference? I did..when I went to my chiropractor, he felt it and had me feel it too and I noticed a big difference...
  8. S

Protein

I take 1 scoop (26 grams) of whey protein (strawberry flavor..I <3 the taste) after working out. I only do it once a day and that is after I workout to save me money and it to last longer. I am not sure if I should take more than that or not. I am about 105-110 pounds. everything I take is post...
  9. S

Stretching

dont static stretch before a game. that is old school and will defiantly decrease your performance. Dynamic stretch before a game. It is ok to static stretch your hip flexors though if they are tight because we tend to sit a lot and they can get really tight. Static stretch your hips, do glute...
  10. S

Nordic Naturals or Carlson fish oil

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-EPA-400-mg-DHA-200-mg-240-Softgels/4251?at=0 what I take, no fish burps. no taste whatsoever.
  11. S

Rehabbing an Ankle Sprain

anyone wear metal cleats? I heard that is an increase risk of ankle sprain
  12. S

Throwing further

Oh, softballs are bigger though. I can try and throw a baseball after throwing a softball for many years, I end up throwing the ball down instead of releasing from up top like I do with a softball. Those that are used to a baseball and go to a softball probably end up lobbing the ball at first...
  13. S

Throwing further

softballs are bigger and heavier than a baseball, so your distance will not be as far. softballs are 12 ounces
  14. S

For those of us with tight hips

I am now aware not to side bend when lifting things or putting things anywhere and to use my legs. also when I bag and put stuff in the carts, I should use my legs and not side bend to put it in. I know I am short, so I have to just let it go into the cart instead of setting it down easily so I...
  15. S

For those of us with tight hips

Is there a way I can fix my side bend posture and bend the correct way?