Recent content by sprtfan

1. S

Infield Fly & Interference

I thought the interference call was a little questionable also but I don't think contact is needed to be called for interference. That said, I don't think the 1B altered her path or appeared to be distracted either. Not exactly sure what the runner should have done there.
  2. S

Infield Fly & Interference

Saw this today and thought it was interesting. If I understand it right, IFF was called but the runner interfered with the 1B before the ball was determined to be fair or foul. I was not sure about this part but the closest runner home is called out because of the interference. After the...
  3. S

Batted ball hits Runner while on the Base

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does it make a difference if it has or hasn't passed the 3rd basemen yet?
  4. S

Incorrect infield fly call

Unless the ball is foul correct?
  5. S

USSSA Out caused by causing a throw?

What would be the call in the same situation in USA softball if there was no play to be made but the runner that was out was simulating a live base runner and the catchers throw was air mailed into LF? Would the runner on 2nd be able to advance? Thanks
  6. S

'13 AM Broken, need to find a replacement

Thanks for the help, going to BP the Derby Boy this weekend and see how it goes and look into getting another AM potentially.
  7. S

Yeah, I need ASA so scratch the Fireflex off the list. Saw it on the front page and read up on it a little and completely missed that it wasn't ASA. Thanks for pointing that out.
  8. S

I think I finally broke my 13 Aftermath (Black and Gold). Looking to replace it but didn't want to spend $300 to get the '19. I also don't play much any more and from what I've read the Demarini's take longer to break in than some others. I can get a Monsta Heart Warrior local for $150, '14...
  9. S

ASA Look Back Rule

After trying to read up on this, it sounds like it would depend on when the umpire decided that the pitcher tried to make a play? If the pitcher caught it and did nothing, the runner needs to immediately advance or return to the base. If the pitcher caught the ball and indicated some intent on...
  10. S

ASA Look Back Rule

I didn't see an option for USA so went with ASA. I should have mentioned this is for 12u fastpitch I guess also. Thanks
  11. S

ASA Look Back Rule

Situation runner on 3rd base goes 1/4 way down the baseline after the pitch and stops there. Catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher inside the circle. The runner 1/4 way down the baseline does not move. The pitcher then throws the ball to 3rd base and the runner breaks for home. Should...
  12. S

NFHS Softball Rules Changes - 2018

Thanks, I thought this was the case from what was said before but wanted to be sure since the phrase "step back" implies an action.
  13. S

NFHS Softball Rules Changes - 2018

Just to make sure I understand still, would this mean they need to start with both feet on the rubber and then step back or they can just start with their foot behind the rubber? Thanks
  14. S

Other Question about fastpitch pitching motion

I'll probably still try to get her to stop but old habits die hard. Thanks for the info