Recent content by ureout

1. U

Is there an automatic time out for injury?

I agree as stated above .. if I believe the injury is serious I kill the play right away tend to the player and then award bases as to where in my judgment the runners would have ended up if play had not been stopped
  2. U

USSSA Three Base Collision Ruling Needed

I would have obstruction on the defense and award the runner 3rd base .. as you stated the runner was already safe on the base and was getting up from his slide when he was struck in the head
  3. U

Obstruction??

"IF" the fielder ALREADY had possession of the ball AND NOT standing in front of the bag waiting for it I would have an out on the tag of the runner.. if the fielder was blocking the bag and in my judgment hindered the runner while waiting for the ball I would have OBS ..
  4. U

ASA How To Call an Illegal Pitch?

it definitely depends on what assn. rules you are going by.. you mentoined USSSA .. they wait until pitch has been delivered and then say unfairly delivered if it was an illegal pitch and if the batter did not hit the pitch
  5. U

ASA AWARDING BASES

runner on 1st.. batter hits a line drive to SS .. runner on 1st is 10' off the bag and heading back to 1st.. SS overthrows 1B and ball goes out of play.. I know the runner gets 2 bases.. what I'm not sure of is if going back to tag up counts as 1 base or is he awarded 3rd base after tagging...
  6. U

Any TAGGING UP

I understand 8.7V .. I don't believe this rule pertains to the OP .. this is for a runner being off the base BEFORE the pitch or after the ball has been released by the pitcher but BEFORE the ball is batted, touches the ground, or reaches home plate.
  7. U

Any TAGGING UP

Bretman, would you post a rule on why it is illegal.. remember the runner sets up like this after the ball has been hit
  8. U

Weird One

there is no INT. call for a batter catching a pitch in senior softball .. there is no stealing .. so the pitch is either called a strike or a ball.. umpire judgment
  9. U

Weird One

there is no specific rule in ssusa to cover this... it would be umpire judgment .. if there was ANY CHANCE that the pitch would land on the strike mat I would have a strike and tell the batter not to catch the pitch next time if he complained
  10. U

Any TAGGING UP

is there a rule in any associations that doesn't allow a runner to take a few steps behind the bag waiting for 1st touch on a fly ball and then get a running start tagging up on 1st touch and then proceeding to the next bag.. if so please post rule no. and assoc. thx
  11. U

Odd play for me

EA .. if a runner passes by a bag without touching it you are correct it becomes an appeal play by the defense if he were to advance to the next base .. a new twist to original scenario... batter hits a deep fly ball to LF .. runner on 1st advances and rounds by 2B by a step without...
  12. U

Odd play for me

I would have R2 out at 2nd and R1 out for avoiding the tag at 3B ... runner 1 is allowed to go out of his line of running about the length of arms reach to avoid a tag and to avoid a collision which is umpire judgment
  13. U

debate this obscuration or no call?

I agree with EA.. and I might have to start practicing my out call after seeing this umpires call lol
  14. U

ASA runner brain fart

NCASA.. thx for the answer...do you have a rule or case file that I could show a pain in the azz mgr. lol
  15. U

ASA runner brain fart

scenario.. runner on 3rd 1 out fly ball hit deep to LF, runner on 3rd mistakenly advances and touches HP, he now realizes the ball was caught, can he legally return to 3b to try to tag up after scoring? also if he can't return please cite the rule